The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

What are you guys using to switch your docks?

DockSwitcher was working good for me, until I upgraded to Snow Leopard... Now I got the default dock, and whenever I drag the .zip file to DockSwitcher, itjust opens up and closes with nothing happening.

Any help would be appreciated
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

What are you guys using to switch your docks?

DockSwitcher was working good for me, until I upgraded to Snow Leopard... Now I got the default dock, and whenever I drag the .zip file to DockSwitcher, it just opens up and closes with nothing happening.

Any help would be appreciated
nerd.gif
I use Superdocker.

[h3]Next-Generation iMacs Already in Production?[/h3] AppleInsider claims that Apple has begun production of the next-generation iMac and may be set to introduce the revamped product line sometime between now and mid-October.
The new all-in-one, dual-core desktops were finalized earlier in September and have been rolling off the Mac maker's Taiwanese product lines for roughly two weeks, according to two people familiar with the matter.

In addition to more affordable pricing, the systems are expected to come clad in a thinner industrial design, one of those people added. Though details are admittedly limited, it's likely these new enclosures will also take design cues from the Cupertino-based company's relatively new LED-lit Cinema Display offerings.
The report echoes comments issued last week by research firm Wedge Partners that new iMacs could make an appearance within the next several weeks. Today's report also reiterates claims that the new iMac will sport a redesigned enclosure and several new features, possibly to include a Blu-ray drive option.

windows 7 is 30 bucks for college students.. if you have a couple classes that use windows only crap and you want a legit copy.. hop on that offer.

Originally Posted by new york yanks

windows 7 is 30 bucks for college students.. if you have a couple classes that use windows only crap and you want a legit copy.. hop on that offer.

Yeah I know Salbah3 gave me the info... I dont need windows yet but Im pretty sure in the near future when I transfer to ASU i'll be needing it

[h3]MacBook Update to Be Released Alongside New iMacs?[/h3] In a follow-up post to yesterday's report that the iMac may see an update within the next several weeks, AppleInsider claims that Apple may be planning to introduce upgraded MacBooks at or around the same time.
The new models, which appear as if they could make their debut alongside a family of more versatile iMacs in the coming weeks, are expected to arrive as the most affordable notebook offerings in the Mac maker's history.

Together, the pair of refreshes should round out Apple's 2009 personal computer offerings and propel the company into the holiday shopping season with its most cost-effective lineup of Mac hardware to date.
While much of the report reiterates previously-rumored information, sources have apparently confirmed that the new MacBook will retain a white polycarbonate enclosure and that manufacturing of the new models has already begun, suggesting that the MacBook launch may come a bit sooner than previously thought.

[h3]Next-Generation iMac With SD Slot, Quad-Core, Possible Xeon? New Mouse and Remote in Pipeline?[/h3] French site Mac4Ever reported [Google translation] earlier this week that it had received a number of tips from sources regarding Apple's upcoming product plans. Among the most near-term topics of interest is the iMac, which has been rumored by several sources to be seeing a refresh in the very near future.

While details of the update have been scarce, Mac4Ever's sources point to the inclusion of an SD card reader, as found in the 13" and 15" MacBook Pro, and the use of quad-core processors, which conflicts with a subsequent report claiming that the new iMac will continue to use dual-core processors. Interestingly, one of the sources also spoke of the inclusion of Xeon processors, which would presumably only be used in high-end configurations if the information proves accurate.

Mac4Ever's sources have also reported a number of other tidbits about Apple's product pipeline for the next few months, including a new 100% touch-enabled mouse capable of advanced mouse functions, as well as a new aluminum Apple Remote. Other claims include a continued shift of Apple's software to 64-bit and optimization for Snow Leopard, as well as the much-rumored tablet, which sources vaguely claim will be very different from concepts that have appeared on rumor sites thus far.

all the changes I've made have been back to default settings... don't know why, just wanted more color on my desktop I guess. I haven't noticed anysuper huge changes having Snow Leopard, but no complaints either, so that works for me.
a9b25454db68bcd1e641fbf880c3dc56910d274.jpg

YO...

I don't know much about Macs but my daughter has one. Shes 10. I tried upgrading her itunes to 9 and everything appeared to work. When I click on theproperties of the i tunes icon it says 9.. but when it opens, using that icon it opens itunes 8... anyone have any ideas? THANKS!!

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

YO...

I don't know much about Macs but my daughter has one. Shes 10. I tried upgrading her itunes to 9 and everything appeared to work. When I click on the properties of the i tunes icon it says 9.. but when it opens, using that icon it opens itunes 8... anyone have any ideas? THANKS!!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

YO...

I don't know much about Macs but my daughter has one. Shes 10. I tried upgrading her itunes to 9 and everything appeared to work. When I click on the properties of the i tunes icon it says 9.. but when it opens, using that icon it opens itunes 8... anyone have any ideas? THANKS!!
eek.gif

But update to iTunes 9.0.1

Is it me or does snow leopard will not let you change the Icon for finder, dashboard, itunes and safari?

Back
Top Bottom