The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Razorsharp510

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by Razorsharp510

just copped my 27" imac yesterday.. its freakin huge!...but anyways.. anyone know where i can get some good apps for free or stuff to d/l?.. just pm if were not suppose to post links. thanks!

Thats too big IMo.. hurts my eyes everytime i check out the display at work

Yeh.. now that i got it home it does seem kinda too big but i bought for my girl cuz shes into music stuff.. i got me a macbook still from 2-3years ago that still works fine
You get used to the screen very quickly. After using this screen for about a month and looking at the 21.5", easily the 27" wins. Alot of space for me to work on photos and video. Congrats on your purchase, I know for sure you will enjoy the new iMac. If you want some apps, just go backto the previous pages in this thread...I've been reading some of the things folks have been posting/sharing in this thread and it's quality stuff.

my desktop, anyone here good with geek tool?

2efm6bn.png

Originally Posted by RetroMan23

does anyone have an imac 27inch screen ?? is there anyway to upgrade to the Quad Core? or graphic card?
I have the 27" iMac. Yes, you could buy the i5 Quad Core for $1899 w/ the education discount or the i7 Quad Core for an upgrade of $180.Concerning the graphics card, the quad cores come with an ATi Radean HD 4850 w/ 512MB. It's a pretty solid graphics card, not the best on the market, butit still works. I do not think you could upgrade that specific graphics card, unless you void the warranty and rebuild a brand new board for your iMac. Ifyou could afford the quad core iMac, then buy it. You would already be "future-proofing" yourself for software and the benchmarking for thesequadcores and really good. I believe the i7 is pushing really close to a Mac Pro.

I'm thinking of picking up a Magic Mouse. Any words on these joints?

The Magic Mouse is a whole lot better than the Mighty Mouse. The fact that the mouse has a track pad on top, help significantly when scrolling or browsing. Ibelieve it's worth the money if you are looking into a new mouse. Also, the battery life is pretty good as well.

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

I picked one of these up the other day and returned it within 24 hours. The multi touch is awesome especially with BetterTouchTool, becauseyou're able to create way more gestures both locally and globally. The problem is that as a mouse it sucks. I don't know if it was bluetooth lag orjust bad tracking but I found it incredibly difficult to use accurately.

Originally Posted by AusZero

I picked one of these up the other day and returned it within 24 hours. The multi touch is awesome especially with BetterTouchTool, because you're able to create way more gestures both locally and globally. The problem is that as a mouse it sucks. I don't know if it was bluetooth lag or just bad tracking but I found it incredibly difficult to use accurately.

I have the mouse and I don't have any problems with it.

anyone know any progams where i can transfer songs from my ipod > macbook? i have the current macbook pro and i downloaded dockolicious to change my dock..idragged some customized dock into the app and it didnt work?

Originally Posted by andy206

anyone know any progams where i can transfer songs from my ipod > macbook?

i have the current macbook pro and i downloaded dockolicious to change my dock..i dragged some customized dock into the app and it didnt work?

senuti

Livemyreality: I bought the 1699 27inch iMac on black friday from apple 100 dollars off. But after lookin at the other one with the quad core and bettergraphics card I was wondering if it possible. If so how.

I was gonna pick up a Magic Mouse on Black Friday but when I tried it at the Apple store, I wasn't overly impressed. It's a good mouse forsimple use but the functions are so limited. I was hoping for the swipe motions to include expose, spaces and the 4 finger swipe which I absolutely love on mytrackpad. Because of this, I chose to stick with my current mouse (Logitech MX Revolution) because it had buttons and scrolls for the previously mentionedabilities that I wanted. Another thing I hated about the Magic mouse is that it's not entirely ergonomic. While it's nice that the symmetrical smoothdesign consider left-handed user, I prefer mice that curve with the hands. What the Magic Mouse beats the MX Revolution at is portability and the fact that itdoesn't have to be plugged to a base charger when the battery dies.

Honeyyy I'm homeee. lol

I'm getting a macbook pro soon..just wanted to say hi.
So here it goes. "Hi..my name's Alexandria..and I'm a future Mac fan"
smile.gif

So i copped a macbook on black friday for regular price with a $150 gift card...its awesome but when are the new pros coming out with the new processor?

copped a macbook on bf also....used the 150 towards a ps3..not a newb to computers but this is my first mac...already put parallels and running windows7

I think if you burn it to a blue-ray disc you'll be able to play it on the blue-ray player. Dont think you can play a DVD to a blu-ray player. I may bewrong though.

The Burn app doesn't have support for blu-ray so you might want to go with Roxio.

Originally Posted by andy206

im having problems changing my dock with dockulicious..i have the new macbook pro and my friend tried to drag in the downloaded customized dock into the dockolicious and it didnt do anything? my friend has the older macbook and he said thats how it worked for his. are the new macbook/pros different? can anyone help?
use docker instead it works really good
and it's free
http://www.versiontracker...yn/moreinfo/macosx/33516

Back
Top Bottom