The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

The Mac App Store is up now, apparently there's a twitter desktop app?

Does anyone know any good freeware that can convert .pdf files into .doc???? Everything I'm getting is only converting to .rtf and Im getting frustrated. I need this for class desperately.

I found this deskunpdf thing that has a trial version but it will only convert 3 pages of a pdf. I refuse to pay $70 for the full software....that's ridiculous.

what kind of cases do you guys use if any? I'm looking to buy one today. I've had the speck satin one but the clips to hold it broke and the bottom of the case started peeling making it look ugly but it did its job I guess. Looking for a better one, if not I'll just buy the same one again. Recommendations?

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

Does anyone know any good freeware that can convert .pdf files into .doc???? Everything I'm getting is only converting to .rtf and Im getting frustrated. I need this for class desperately.

I found this deskunpdf thing that has a trial version but it will only convert 3 pages of a pdf. I refuse to pay $70 for the full software....that's ridiculous.
I only know of windos utilities that do this, but try this site 

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

what kind of cases do you guys use if any? I'm looking to buy one today. I've had the speck satin one but the clips to hold it broke and the bottom of the case started peeling making it look ugly but it did its job I guess. Looking for a better one, if not I'll just buy the same one again. Recommendations?

Incase hardshell or Speck Satin, but i'd pair it with a skin to keep dirt from getting in between the computer surface and the casing

oh and goat I found out what the problem was for the sound through the mini display port. It was a stupid move on my part. It was as simple as going into settings under sound and changing the output setting.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I have a MacbookPro and was wondering when I watching Movies how do I turn off the keyboard to kick off the glare i'm getting at night? it helps on some movies and affects it on others. help anyone?

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

I have a MacbookPro and was wondering when I watching Movies how do I turn off the keyboard to kick off the glare i'm getting at night? it helps on some movies and affects it on others. help anyone?
F5 or F6

Originally Posted by jellybean24

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

F5 or F6

Thanks for that. I'll try it later on today. I normally watch movies with it connected to the power adapter to get that backlight really coming in but the keys stay on so hopefully this will help. Any other hints or tips would help.

Any other awesome keys or anything I need to read to know more about this other then the obvious answer the manual?

I've had a MBP since 2009 and never really got into any of the customization stuff so this question is going to sound mad nooby.

How do you guys get your current itunes song playing to show on your desktop?

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

I've had a MBP since 2009 and never really got into any of the customization stuff so this question is going to sound mad nooby.

Bowtie

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Bowtie
Word, thanks.  Exactly what I was looking for. 

damn took me forever to find this thread....

just to say ima break my magic mouse one i keep hitting it on the bottom of the desk or mac book after a hard hit it will loose connection...

but honestly not even a scratch on it
pimp.gif

Just got my mac mini and I love it. It is nice to have my mbp be a laptop and not my primary computing device. To bad I will put her down when the air updates it's processor. Just don't need a powerhouse laptop anymore.

Apple needs to drop the new macbook pros ASAP. I can't deal with my crappy, old Gateway anymore. HDMI or Blu-Ray on the '11 model would be nice but doubting it happens.

Which is the better buy?

MBP 15in i5 2.53GHz 500GB for $1600

OR

MBP 15in i5 2.4HGz 250GB for $1300

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Apple needs to drop the new macbook pros ASAP. I can't deal with my crappy, old Gateway anymore. HDMI or Blu-Ray on the '11 model would be nice but doubting it happens.
Really can't see it happening. They're stuck on Mini DisplayPort. If that's the case though, I bought a $10 MiniDP to HDMI cable that works real well off amazon. 
Blu-Ray is doubtful since they want to push sales through iTunes.

I've been out of the loops for awhile. anyone upgrade to SSD for their mbp? any deals out there, what is the most you would pay?

My fan is always running and it is sort of loud. Someone told me it might be the bearings in if that is the case then it is only a matter of time before it overheats, then it's R.I.P to the components.
Anyone have any issues like this? I have the 06 MBP btw.

Originally Posted by reener

how can i change my finder icon manually?

I have a '10 MBP
Candybar. It's an application. You can use it for a trial period but then it will want you to buy it (might be after 2 weeks?)
I couldn't figure out how to do it without that program. 

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Originally Posted by reener

how can i change my finder icon manually?

I have a '10 MBP
Candybar. It's an application. You can use it for a trial period but then it will want you to buy it (might be after 2 weeks?)
I couldn't figure out how to do it without that program. 

thanks, can you pirate the app so we wont have to pay for it?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

i want to update my 2010 macbook to have 4gig or 6 gigs of ram...what type of ram should i buy what brand...i dont know nothing of that help me out?

Back
Top Bottom