The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

^^
I would recommend 2x 2GB of RAM.
The RAM you will need: 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
I don't quite know all the specifics, as to what is the best brand, value, etc.
But do some searching around the net and you should be able to figure it out easily.
There are tutorials show it and everything, it's a simple process. Apple even shows you how to do it in their instruction manual

I plan on doing light weight Programming and SQL stuff, and want to run windows via Bootcamp, is the i3 or one of the core 2 duo iMacs good enough? seen great prices on Refurbs.

Have any of you all purchased a refurb imac or mac book pro?

I plan on doing light weight Programming and SQL stuff, and want to run windows via Bootcamp, is the i3 or one of the core 2 duo iMacs good enough? seen great prices on Refurbs.

So I currently have Leopard and was wondering is there anyway to upgrade to snow leopard without paying the $30?

^ Don't think so unless you download it
nerd.gif

$30 is not that bad though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i want to update my 2010 macbook to have 4gig or 6 gigs of ram...what type of ram should i buy what brand...i dont know nothing of that help me out?

Go with Crucial.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by srvballer

So I currently have Leopard and was wondering is there anyway to upgrade to snow leopard without paying the $30?

you're kidding, right?
also a new os is coming out this summer so you could just wait till then and buy that.  But find a friend who has bought the family pack and use one of their installs if you dont want to pay the money

I just got a 13 inch pro...if someone could help me that would be nice

How can I get my iphone music into my itunes. I googled it, but I can't find a simple concrete way. Any links to some simple directions?

Also I go onto music websites and it says missing plug in, but when I click on it...it doesn't give me any download options?

I'm holding out on copping a Macbook Pro until Lion releases. It's going to be hard though since this HP Envy is calling my name.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

I am waiting on a Macbook air with Lion and a Sandy Bridge processor. This is going to be a long year
frown.gif

Refresh usually comes in April for the Macbooks, then OS releases in the summer. Sandy Bridge it out already, but the wait will be worth it, but expect to more than the starting $1200 price cause its new tech and maybe a new uni-body

I'm trying to update my itunes to 10.1.2. It installs and when it says writing files, I get an message saying it couldn't be updated. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by wrod7

Need a new laptop for college. Should I wait for new Gen or get the 2010?
at this point you might as well wait. last time the laptops were updated (excluding the MBA) was last April, which is well past the usual product refresh cycle

^so new macbooks coming soon? Within 2 months? Don't want to wait longer than that

^ Yeah they should be coming around April.

If you can wait a little longer, Back to School promotion should be coming around May/June so you can scoop up a free iPod touch also.

Anyone have sites where you can find 1GB Ram Memory and a battery for the 13-inch white MacBook? I currently have 1 GB in there now and want to upgrade to two (I know I have to buy 2 new 1GB sticks of Ram. Thanks in advance guys!

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

i plan on copping a 13 in MBP and i know apple is about to refresh the MBP line but i want to know
if anyone think there will be any significant changes to the 2011 model ?
i really dont want to wait until April but if there is some big changes made to this line then i will

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

You don't need heavy computing power to do programming or SQL queriesUnless you install the database itself on the computer locally or your programming is highly mathematical or graphic intensiveI do SQL programming on my MacBook Pro 15" (mid 2009) but obviously the db is on a server so no heavy computing there but I do use Photoshop alot also so that's why I got the 15" at that time

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Anyone have sites where you can find 1GB Ram Memory and a battery for the 13-inch white MacBook? I currently have 1 GB in there now and want to upgrade to two (I know I have to buy 2 new 1GB sticks of Ram. Thanks in advance guys!

Newegg

Back
Top Bottom