The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

for those with macbook pro's pre 2009, what do you use to clean your screen? mine is dirty but I'm afraid to use to wrong thing to ruin my screen or computer in general.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Been waiting since xmas to pull the trigger on a new MBP

JUST copped a 15in. Added 750gb HDD w/Hi-res screen upgrade
pimp.gif

Wanted to cop the SSDs but a grand extra? The hell outta here with that price Apple. Shame on you. I know this time next year the SSD will be standard and I will be sad that I bit the dust but w/e I needed a new macbook.

-The Juice
nice.  what convinced you to get the Hi-res screen? You going to be editing photos or making artwork?
I'm a graphic designer.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by YMCMB

for those with macbook pro's pre 2009, what do you use to clean your screen? mine is dirty but I'm afraid to use to wrong thing to ruin my screen or computer in general.
mix 1 part alcohol to one part water and you're good. Don't use windex or anything harsh. If you feel the need to pay for something, Klear Screen works fine. It's just watered down alcohol though

man my 2010 macbook always has these little specs of dirt or something on it idk how it gets on i just use a cloth that i clean my glasses with 

I was thinking about getting a new MBP, but with the iPad 2 coming out I was thinking of using that as a laptop. Do you guys think thats a good idea??

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

I was thinking about getting a new MBP, but with the iPad 2 coming out I was thinking of using that as a laptop. Do you guys think thats a good idea??

not at all. iPad 2 and MBP aren't even in the same league of computational power and utility. Do you have another computer that the iPad can supplement?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

mix 1 part alcohol to one part water and you're good. Don't use windex or anything harsh. If you feel the need to pay for something, Klear Screen works fine. It's just watered down alcohol though
like rubbing alcohol? and using a paper towel would be fine?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

like rubbing alcohol? and using a paper towel would be fine?
yeah. a microfiber cloth/eyeglass towel will work better though

URGENT MBP HELP PLEASE!!!
just woke up and i try to turn on my mbp but it wont turn on. Whats gonna happen if i send it to applecare? Are they going to reset my mac to factory settings? I have a bunch of stuff i didnt back up like my reseaech paper and hundreds of bookmarks that i have in firefox. Help me out NT

Going to be buying a MBP here in a few months...is it worth upgrading the screen to the high-resolution glossy or high-resolution antiglare?

Also, can anyone recommend a nice neoprene computer sleeve?

Originally Posted by BK201

just woke up and i try to turn on my mbp but it wont turn on. Whats gonna happen if i send it to applecare? Are they going to reset my mac to factory settings? I have a bunch of stuff i didnt back up like my reseaech paper and hundreds of bookmarks that i have in firefox. Help me out NT

depends does the hard drive turn on? 

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

Going to be buying a MBP here in a few months...is it worth upgrading the screen to the high-resolution glossy or high-resolution antiglare?

Also, can anyone recommend a nice neoprene computer sleeve?

incase, i picked up a incase 15' sleeve at target on clearance for 9$ flipped it for $35
pimp.gif

i got the incase 13' bag idk even know why i bought it thing was like 60+ 
laugh.gif

so how bad are these overheating issues people are talking about with the new MBPs? are they with all models? im looking to scoop up a 15" by the end of the month. hopefully the issues will be fixed soon?
nerd.gif

any accessories you guys recommend for a 1st time mac owner?
i was looking to hook it up to my samsung lcd tv so whats a good hdmi adaptor thing?
hows the magic mouse and wireless keyboard?

Just bought a new Macbook Pro. Still adjusting to a new OS. Just downloaded Microsoft Office. Anyone use Firefox on their Macbook vs. Safari?

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

How do I know if it turns on?
The only thing that works is the battery indicator. The screen is black.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

How do I know if it turns on?
The only thing that works is the battery indicator. The screen is black.

you can hear the HDD boot up when you turn it on

Just Copped one of the new Pros (13') can anyone suggest some stuff for me. I would like to know about the how to change up my dock, what are the best apps to get. And other friendly pointers. I am very new to Apple life and honestly I am a bit unsure of the transition, I had to cop because my PC (which I am currently using) is starting to go out on me and I know I need to invest ina computer with better battery life. My GF also has a MAC and has always said great things about it so I figured I might as well try it

planning on getting a mbp soon but hoping they will bring back the free ipod touch and printer deal with purchase... anyone know if/when that will happen? thanks

@cwrite oh you mean that annoying sound(not the chime) when you start it up? Nope I did not hear anything.
@davizzy april 2010

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

planning on getting a mbp soon but hoping they will bring back the free ipod touch and printer deal with purchase... anyone know if/when that will happen? thanks

usually happens around back to school time

Anyone know a good site for Mac batteries? I'm running my Macbook from '07 and I think it's time to pickup a new battery. Good lookin' out..

Back
Top Bottom