The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Does anyone know how to embed videos on Safari(On NT)? Maybe its NT or Safari, i dont know but I have no clue how to embed videos on NT.

EDIT: Its Safari, It works fine with firefox

I was researching some SSDs on Newegg and it seems that the OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTX80G gave some customers problems. Are there any other SSDs 80GB options?

Originally Posted by Icecixz

I was researching some SSDs on Newegg and it seems that the OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTX80G gave some customers problems. Are there any other SSDs 80GB options?

corsair is pretty good

or the vertex 3

i believe corsair has 60 GB SSDs and the vertex's lowest i think is 90GB

How do I create a media server on a MBP or share my videos to my Western Digital Media Player that's connected to my LCD???
Much thanks my NT brahs.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i NEVER use my trackpad, in fact, i hate it. nothing beats a mouse IMO

I think it's pretty handy and can't live without it.  2 finger scroll, 4 finger expose at least?
I love it for general browsing and purposes. Obviously, if you need precision nothing beats a mouse.

my question is , if I download programs into the download folder and install them, are they deletable afterwards or must they be kept in the download folder?
thanks.

yes, but get an SSD with a sandforce controller, i believe those are the fastest SSDs.

i think intel uses their own controller, which is good, but not as fast as sandforce.

you'll get a lot faster speeds with SSDs, but to truly take advantage of SSD speed it has to be through a sata III connection.. which im sure apple hasn't adopted (actually, not that many mobos have sata iii since HDD companies are slowly adopting the tech.) but with sata 2, you will still see a speed increase
Originally Posted by nocomment6

my question is , if I download programs into the download folder and install them, are they deletable afterwards or must they be kept in the download folder?
thanks.

if you installed them through a .dmg file (you'd have to move the program into your applications folder) then you can delete the DMG file since it'll already be installed.

yo yo yo, quick help.

I'm trying to get a macbook pro, but I want make monthly payments on it. How do I this? Can I do that using Bill Me Later or by using the Financial Visa card they have on there? Yes super newb, but I really appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

yes, but get an SSD with a sandforce controller, i believe those are the fastest SSDs.

i think intel uses their own controller, which is good, but not as fast as sandforce.

you'll get a lot faster speeds with SSDs, but to truly take advantage of SSD speed it has to be through a sata III connection.. which im sure apple hasn't adopted (actually, not that many mobos have sata iii since HDD companies are slowly adopting the tech.) but with sata 2, you will still see a speed increase
Originally Posted by nocomment6

thanks.

if you installed them through a .dmg file (you'd have to move the program into your applications folder) then you can delete the DMG file since it'll already be installed.
thanks!

I'm about to go in so need input asap:

-Previous model 15.4" for $1,099.00

or

- New model 13" (2.7 ghz) for $1399.00

smh. Come home to eat real quick in between finals, take my magsafe out of my bag and the cord decides to flail around right into some tabasco sauce.

Hopefully I can switch it out tomorrow because my comp cant charge

How about relative to the price points, considering one is $1099 and the other is $1399?

Is it worth the extra $300?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

How about relative to the price points, considering one is $1099 and the other is $1399?

what are you using it for? I'd go with the 15" myself, but i would appreciate having a bigger screen over a slightly newer model computer.

its hard to determine that without more specs. but for the most part i would say yes.  

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

what are you using it for? I'd go with the 15" myself, but i would appreciate having a bigger screen over a slightly newer model computer.

Would it be wise to go with last years model (cheaper) to use the computer as film and picture editing, as well as music producing related stuff? or just go with the newest model?

Originally Posted by quanb24

where a good place to get icons for candybar?
http://iconfactory.com/home

alright so after having my new MBP 15' for about a week or 2 now i noticed that this screen seems to be easily smudged 
ohwell.gif
and i do not want to ruin it... what are some good screen protectors out there for it?

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

Originally Posted by quanb24

where a good place to get icons for candybar?
http://iconfactory.com/home

alright so after having my new MBP 15' for about a week or 2 now i noticed that this screen seems to be easily smudged 
ohwell.gif
and i do not want to ruin it... what are some good screen protectors out there for it?
screens don't really get scratches unless you REALLY don't take care of it. If you absolutely need one though, Invisible Shield or Moshi iVisors are your best bet

Okay so I had my Macbook Pro for over a week now. Loving the build quality. I got a hang of the OS. Very easy to use. I just installed Candybar and going to create my custom icons, etc. What are some other cool programs for Mac?

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Would it be wise to go with last years model (cheaper) to use the computer as film and picture editing, as well as music producing related stuff? or just go with the newest model?
the differences between the two models this is the big one i read about most often...last years model has a better nvidia compared to intel on the new models...like they went backwards but that only matters if your gonna play games...
you can edit film and pics and music on any mac really good...i know people with a 2006 black book who do graphic design and one with a powerbook who does advertising/ film editing 

if you need the bigger screen for pic editing get the 15...if you want to future proof yourself a little more get the 13...either way it will do the job for you ...and remember if you get the 13 you can get a monitor later if you need more screen space (same with the 15) 

What are good video editing software? I'm thinking about getting final cut pro so I can edit wmv files. 

Back
Top Bottom