The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

iPad Pro is the truth.

If you already have a notebook, that is.

I had one and sold it to get a MB air.

Then again i need my pc for more than web browsing and email and with the keyboard the pro as more clunkier than an MBA and less capable.

I'm torn between the 2016 and 2015 model.

2016 is the latest Apple has to offer and it looks great in Space Gray...But the 2015 with a max specs with the ports I need are there.

Really bummed that the non-touch 13" only has two ports. uploading photos with an adapter is annoying. Wish Apple kept the SD card slot. 

Just want to make sure that i'm content with the decision I made.

Reading more and more about the 16' MBP and realized I need a dongle to connect my iPhone, dongle for my external HD, and a dongle for my SD card.

Cmon mannnnn.

iPad Pro is the truth.

If you already have a notebook, that is.

I had one and sold it to get a MB air.

Then again i need my pc for more than web browsing and email and with the keyboard the pro as more clunkier than an MBA and less capable.

Yeah its most definitely no stand in for a traditional notebook.

I like how it compliments it though. If you've got the extra cash to splurge on it as an accessory then its nice to have.

I mostly use mine for wire framing, comps, notes during meetings, taking to show clients work etc.

Its not a must have though, as all those things can be done on a laptop. I don't have the keyboard, but the pencil is nifty.

Best media toy ever though.

Last edited:
Reading more and more about the 16' MBP and realized I need a dongle to connect my iPhone, dongle for my external HD, and a dongle for my SD card.

Cmon mannnnn.

Yeah idk what the hell they were thinking. Lol how you drop a laptop that doesnt even support your other products out the box.

$$$$$

Apple is trying to blow up the accessory game. They don't make their own flagship externals anymore, and have opened the floodgates for USB-C adapters to hit the market. And they want all the premium accessories to be on Apple store shelves.

They basically removed all the ports and opened the door for companies like this to take $100 from us

Thats basically just every port on the 2015 that you have to buy back for another $100

Those new MBP's should come with a USB-C to USB-C cable. AT LEAST...

Last edited:
Yeah idk what the hell they were thinking. Lol how you drop a laptop that doesnt even support your other products out the box.
So the dongles/cables I'd need would be:

- USB-C to Lightening cable, charge/sync my iPhone & iPad directly, for $25 
eyes.gif

- USB-C Charge Cable (2m), for $19

- Sandisk Pro SD Card reader, for $50

Additional $94 on top of a 16'MBP with 16GB Ram. Not too bad, but still.

$$$$$

Apple is trying to blow up the accessory game. They don't make their own flagship externals anymore, and have opened the floodgates for USB-C adapters to hit the market. And they want all the premium accessories to be on Apple store shelves.

They basically removed all the ports and opened the door for companies like this to take $100 from us
Thats basically just every port on the 2015 that you have to buy back for another $100

Those new MBP's should come with a USB-C to USB-C cable. AT LEAST...
I agree. Why not include the extended charge cable with the new Macbook Pro's? Apple did that with previous models. 
mean.gif

Still torn if I should go with the 2015 or not. Can't really put much weight on comments at MacRumors...Some of those people are just way too emotional.

I want to wait for the Pro 2 but have a feeling it's not gonna have a headphone jack

I do want to wait, but I'm in a need of a laptop to do work on.

So I'm going to have to decide real soon =\

Also realized I need a USB-C to USB for my external HD. 
ohwell.gif

$12 a year is worth it, easily.

People are funny when it comes to buying premium products and then don't want to spend extra. It's like when people put a $5 case on a $700 phone, just doesn't make sense IMO. I get that some people feel these things should be included, but if you have the option to do things wirelessly, you can't be mad.

New Accessories Needed for Macs:
— Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (MLL82AM/A) (New)
— Apple 61W USB-C Power Adapter (MNF72LL/A) (New)
— Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter (MNF82LL/A) (New)
— Power Adapter Extension Cable for 61W & 87W (MK122LL/A) (New)
— USB-C to Lightning (MK0X2AM/A)
— USB-C to USB Adapter (MJ1M2AM/A)
— Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter (Non Apple Part)

Holy, where have I been... They even took away the Ethernet port [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Who connects their phone to their computer in 2016? Why would you do that with iCloud?

People who want to edit photos or videos or upload 4k videos from device to youtube (i believe max upload from device is 1080p).

Also people who want to charge their phone via their device because they may be on the go.

Lol what kind of idiotic question was that?

New Accessories Needed for Macs:
— Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (MLL82AM/A) (New)
— Apple 61W USB-C Power Adapter (MNF72LL/A) (New)
— Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter (MNF82LL/A) (New)
— Power Adapter Extension Cable for 61W & 87W (MK122LL/A) (New)
— USB-C to Lightning (MK0X2AM/A)
— USB-C to USB Adapter (MJ1M2AM/A)
— Belkin USB-C to Ethernet Adapter (Non Apple Part)

Holy, where have I been... They even took away the Ethernet port [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Ethernet ports have rarely been in laptops/ultrabooks for the past 5. Yrs

Yeah and ethernet port is kinda useless on a laptop. With internet speeds and routers to match them nowadays WiFi is more than capable.

Apple should either include a hub or offer some type of real discount for one along with the purchase of a MacBook though. Most people still use USB devices and/or SD cards on a daily/weekly basis so being forced to buy something to be able to connect them to your $2k+ laptop is absurd.

Last edited:
Yeah and ethernet port is kinda useless on a laptop. With internet speeds and routers to match them nowadays WiFi is more than capable.

Apple should either include a hub or offer some type of real discount for one along with the purchase of a MacBook though. Most people still use USB devices and/or SD cards on a daily/weekly basis so being forced to buy something to be able to connect them to your $2k+ laptop is absurd.

Loo crazy you need a dongle to use a flash drive and the dongle probaly cost more than the actual drive.

Its one thing if the new iphone used usbc to lightning, and they refreshed all the macs to reflect the changes so you could at least see a uniform look across the brand. I guess they know accesory manufactures will respond which is why they used the usb c inputs instead of the old thunderbolt.

Back
Top Bottom