The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Aren't prices of the new MBP dropping in 2017 with 32GB RAM instead of 16GB? According to MacRumors

Yeah, thats the rumor.

It might be in everyones best interest to hold out unless you don't need that much ram or money ain't a thang.

Just to be clear, everyone saying 2015 MBP are talking about the that's currently on Apple's webstore correct?
laugh.gif
Yes, the current model on the webstore.

I still torn, I can't make a decision lol.

Okay, I think I'm leaning more towards the 2016 non-touch model with 16GB of RAM.

I don't do too much extensive work and if I do, it would be photo editing.

with the dongle/cable ordeal, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. (I hope)

Extremely pissed I missed the MBP touchbar deal on SlickDeals yesterday.

13in 512 GB for $1500

15in 512 GB for $2000

mean.gif

I tried to put yall on to Amazon the day after they announced the new MBPs and they were on sale, and they dropped their pricing again after that and yall still sleeping?! 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Even if you had bought the first pricing I posted, you know Amazon would have given you that $$ back in a refund to your card 
nthat.gif

Side Note - I just caught up in this thread and the "Mac Reps" that were/are posting in here are comedy with their reasoning. They are the exact people and reason for Apple pulling the mess that they are and getting away with it 
roll.gif

Last edited:

I tried to put yall on to Amazon the day after they announced the new MBPs and they were on sale, and they dropped their pricing again after that and yall still sleeping?! 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Even if you had bought the first pricing I posted, you know Amazon would have given you that $$ back in a refund to your card 
nthat.gif

Side Note - I just caught up in this thread and the "Mac Reps" that were/are posting in here are comedy with their reasoning. They are the exact people and reason for Apple pulling the mess that they are and getting away with it 
roll.gif
Bruh I missed it lmao this the only thread I wasn't subscribed to. I need a MBP by like February .

Whatever deal comes next on a 15in I'm copping.

Last edited:

Bruh I missed it lmao this the only thread I wasn't subscribed to. I need a MBP by like February .

Whatever deal comes next on a 15in I'm copping.
You the Credit & "IT/DoD in the DMV" Brethren, so you get a pass lol

Just use one of those CC and get extra bonus points with the increased price point 
roll.gif

Hell nah lol Apple not about to finesse me. Looking for something under $2000 hopefully closer to $1600-$1700 .

I tried to put yall on to Amazon the day after they announced the new MBPs and they were on sale, and they dropped their pricing again after that and yall still sleeping?! :lol: :x :smh:

Even if you had bought the first pricing I posted, you know Amazon would have given you that $$ back in a refund to your card :nthat:  

Side Note - I just caught up in this thread and the "Mac Reps" that were/are posting in here are comedy with their reasoning. They are the exact people and reason for Apple pulling the mess that they are and getting away with it :rofl:

:pimp:

My dude wrightone86 wrightone86 outchea trying to save these boys from further being finessed by Apple, but we still sleep though :smh: :lol:

It's crazy because I'm on slickdeals all the time and I didn't see that deal posted on the front page.

Either way hold this rep in return my Destiny brethren.

Didn't Amazon say that the pricing was a mistake the first time, and now they did it again? :lol:

Further finesse is taking place...

Amazon and Crapple is in kahoots with each other.

Apple prices the MBP so high most cry afoul.

Amazon comes by and "lowers prices" to something the sheep deem would "not be that bad".

Even though most laptop nowadays are like $400-$800 and really good next level ones might run $1K - $1.5K

Apple puts out a laptop that doubles those prices heck even quadruple , has less features than said other laptops, but knows they will get away with it because they can.

In the end Apple/Amazon wins... Apple still gets the sale with their mark up, Amazon gets their cut because they came by and looked like they were the heros now because they slashed prices... we get further finessed, and next year or thereafter we'll all be right back here to repeat the process.

BTW I am a proud owner of a 2008 MBP and will ride that **** out until the end.

When it's time to upgrade I will view my options.

But kind of falling into the hype though not going to like, but the biggest throw off is the lack of ports... also now that I see @DiPlOmAt TDOt about to make moves I'm jelly on the low because we both have 2008's and I will try to keep up with the Jones :rolleyes

J/K I'm riding out with my 2008 :D

Amazon comes by and "lowers prices" to something the sheep deem would "not be that bad".

Even though most laptop nowadays are like $400-$800 and really good next level ones might run $1K - $1.5K

Apple puts out a laptop that doubles those prices heck even quadruple , has less features than said other laptops, but knows they will get away with it because they can.

In the end Apple/Amazon wins... Apple still gets the sale with their mark up, Amazon gets their cut because they came by and looked like they were the heros now because they slashed prices... we get further finessed, and next year or thereafter we'll all be right back here to repeat the process.

But kind of falling into the hype though not going to like, but the biggest throw off is the lack of ports... also now that I see @DiPlOmAt TDOt about to make moves I'm jelly on the low because we both have 2008's and I will try to keep up with the Jones :rolleyes

Apple can do what they want because they make the OS. That said Windows 10 is DAMN good and from the hardware perspective there are some quality machines out there. I still prefer OSx To windows 10, but MS is deffinately taking steps toward the right direction.

Apple can do what they want because they make the OS. That said Windows 10 is DAMN good and from the hardware perspective there are some quality machines out there. I still prefer OSx To windows 10, but MS is deffinately taking steps toward the right direction.

I can't say if used Windows 10 unless you count XB1 which yes it is good and quick, but I'm sorry I've had bad experiences with PC desktops from my Packard Bell to HP, but I've had minor issues with my MBP from 2008 so I do think the mark up is justified based on how long it will last you.

You would have to buy 2-3 PC's in that same time span thus wasting more than the cost of a Mac.

Kudos to Apple on slashing some prices on adapters. Prices definitely a little more reasonable, but still an obvious pain point for some.

Windows 10 runs best on a MacBook pro though :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom