The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

:rofl:

That truth though :smh:

I will be rocking this iMac 27" + iPad Pro combo for a minute :nthat:

Oh yea, and you guys check out that Logitech K811 keyboard if you haven't. It is designed for Apple devices and has 3 BT profiles and designated buttons, so that you can switch on the fly with them as you go. The keys feel great on it too, and it is rechargeable and doesn't take batteries. I grabbed one early this year and have been loving it ever since. 

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone

I've heard this keyboard is wonderful, but haven't tried it. Will be on the lookout Black Friday

I've heard this keyboard is wonderful, but haven't tried it. Will be on the lookout Black Friday
Check Amazon and eBay too for them. I caught a refurb one for like $55. I couldn't bring myself to dropping $100 for a keyboard. Figured, if something happened to it, I could buy a 2nd and still be around the price for the 1 
laugh.gif

That truth though :smh:

I will be rocking this iMac 27" + iPad Pro combo for a minute :nthat:

Oh yea, and you guys check out that Logitech K811 keyboard if you haven't. It is designed for Apple devices and has 3 BT profiles and designated buttons, so that you can switch on the fly with them as you go. The keys feel great on it too, and it is rechargeable and doesn't take batteries. I grabbed one early this year and have been loving it ever since. 

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone

:smh:

That a lot are still so loyal.

After watching multiple review videos on the 2016 model, seems like 2015 is still really solid.

How are you guys liking your 2015 models? Might consider a 13" 2015 model before shooting the bullet for an XPS 13, only because I've never used Apple OS, and would like to try out a new software.

After watching multiple review videos on the 2016 model, seems like 2015 is still really solid.

How are you guys liking your 2015 models? Might consider a 13" 2015 model before shooting the bullet for an XPS 13, only because I've never used Apple OS, and would like to try out a new software.
If you're actually a "pro" user such as editing photos, video,music the 2016 isnt a option. The usb c ports are just a deal breaker. I just bought a 2015 model just a few months go and I love it . I produce music on my macbook and dont need dongles or adapters.

Last edited:
Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 2015 15.4" model. I see that Microcenter has it for $1799.

What's the best 1 TB SSD for the 15.4" MacBook Pro (Mid-2015)?

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 2015 15.4" model. I see that Microcenter has it for $1799.

What's the best 1 TB SSD for the 15.4" MacBook Pro (Mid-2015)?
You can't upgrade to your own SSD on the 2015 MBPs. You'll have to pay for the upgrade straight from Apple/Microcenter.

So is the 2015 capable of having the RAM, etc. upgraded?
Unless you order it upgraded direct from Apple, no. The RAM and SSD are soldered directly to the Logic Board.

EDIT: Seems like I'm mistaken a bit. You can upgrade the SSD. Not sure how easy it is or which brands to target. Extremely expensive though. See here:

https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/macbook-pro-retina-display/2013-2014-2015

Last edited:
DYNAMICS DYNAMICS

:nerd:

Have you made up your mind yet and decided what or which one you're going to buy the new one or the top of the line 2015?

I'll know 100% by this coming Sunday. I was going to visit Apple to check everything out in-store but my sleeping pattern has been off this past week, so when the weekend came I slept in by accident. By time I got to the mall on Saturday the Apple store was a zoo and I can't deal with crowds. :smh:

I'm going sometime this week right at open so I can sit down and play with the 2 models, but as of right now I'm pretty much set on a fully loaded 2015. The 2016 would have to be really amazing in person to change my mind. Again, I have a 2008 so anything at this point is better than that so really I'm just comparing the 2016 vs. 2015 MBP. Realistically the only way I'd do the 2016 is if one of my guys comes through again with an "off the truck deal" on MBPs. :lol:

Last edited:
The Mac/MBP + iPad Pro combo seems to be undefeated with the Duet app.

Microcenter has the 15 in for 1800 let me check out the site now maybe I can grab an open box.

Edit: found an open box for $2100 2015 15in 512GB SSD 16GB RAM . I might pull the trigger . Gonna look around first.

$2289 after tax open box think its worth it? Or cop a used one on ebay?

Last edited:

If you're actually a "pro" user such as editing photos, video,music the 2016 isnt a option. The usb c ports are just a deal breaker. I just bought a 2015 model just a few months go and I love it . I produce music on my macbook and dont need dongles or adapters.
Why wouldn't the 2016 be an option? Because you need to use dongles?

2015 models are still very solid. I think if you went that route, your investment in the laptop will be just as long. Just make sure to upgrade RAM to 16gb, HDD to 2526 and maybe a mid-upgrade on the processor. Brand new, that still comes out to around $1699. 

But I saw the Dell XPS 13 last week and I was in awe of the build quality and the screen. I haven't used Windows on my personal computer in years, but the new Windows OS looks very promising and a lot of people seem to like it as well.

The Mac/MBP + iPad Pro combo seems to be undefeated with the Duet app.

Microcenter has the 15 in for 1800 let me check out the site now maybe I can grab an open box.

Edit: found an open box for $2100 2015 15in 512GB SSD 16GB RAM . I might pull the trigger . Gonna look around first.

$2289 after tax open box think its worth it? Or cop a used one on ebay?
If you don't mind buying used then that's the way to go. Maxed out 2015 MBPs (2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB) have been ending right around $2k over the past few weeks.

Why wouldn't the 2016 be an option? Because you need to use dongles?

2015 models are still very solid. I think if you went that route, your investment in the laptop will be just as long. Just make sure to upgrade RAM to 16gb, HDD to 2526 and maybe a mid-upgrade on the processor. Brand new, that still comes out to around $1699. 

But I saw the Dell XPS 13 last week and I was in awe of the build quality and the screen. I haven't used Windows on my personal computer in years, but the new Windows OS looks very promising and a lot of people seem to like it as well.

Definitely spent a lot of time comparing both last night and still undecided.

MBP, premium build, crash free, solid battery life, and longevity. But the cost. 2015 because I can retain some ports and 2016 because of battery and space grey. :lol:

XPS 13, more bang for my buck, smaller size, solid battery life, unsure how long Dell laptops last.

Will head over to Best Buy and Fry's to mess around with both as I'm going based off of videos comparisons and reviews. My 2011 Samsung laptop heats up and is starting to crash, so either laptop would be a major upgrade. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom