The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

It was a serious question. I've used USB C for a year and had the HDMI adapter and that's it and been totally fine.

It was a serious question. I've used USB C for a year and had the HDMI adapter and that's it and been totally fine.
So YOU have been fine with only the HDMI, but others might need more than that. Having four USB-C ports with nothing else besides a headphone jack is just unacceptable for a lot of people. What's good for you, isn't good for everyone else.

Wish my monitor had a USB-C port.

Those new ones charge your MacBook while also acting as a display cable.

your OEM charger quit? or your third party one quit?

i was about to order a non-oem charger on amazon but one review said the charger taught on fire :rofl:

Never bought a non OEM charger, but I don't want to keep buying $90 chargers over & over

Ended up grabbing an OEM charger from Best Buy cause I needed to use my Mac but damn

Can you use your Barclays Card on Amazon or other sites like B&H and get the financing deal if you're purchasing an Apple product?

Yeah, they're going to make you go full retail on the barclay card

you might be better off getting a low interest credit card and finding a deal, or trying to finance through amazon

I did the barclay card when I got a MacBook for college back in the day. As long as you pay it off within the time frame you're paying no interest. Its pretty good. As soon as you pay off the computer the card is closed out. Its only for the purchase. I think you can always go in with another purchase at another time, but you have to pay the first computer off in full first before they let you make another purchase

A regular credit card might bring some unwanted trouble on the side :lol:

Last edited:
That Apple Rewards Barclaycard was actually my first credit card :lol:. Have a few unused Apple gift cards from it. Forgot about them.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're going to make you go full retail on the barclay card

you might be better off getting a low interest credit card and finding a deal, or trying to finance through amazon

I did the barclay card when I got a MacBook for college back in the day. As long as you pay it off within the time frame you're paying no interest. Its pretty good. As soon as you pay off the computer the card is closed out. Its only for the purchase. I think you can always go in with another purchase at another time, but you have to pay the first computer off in full first before they let you make another purchase

A regular credit card might bring some unwanted trouble on the side :lol:

What do you mean it's automatically closed out? I don't think that's a thing now if it used to be.

I actually contradicted myself :lol:

Its not closed out afterwards, but from what I remember, I think you had to pay off the first purchase before you could buy something else.

i just never bought anything else with the card. I copped the laptop for school and that was it, just ended the barclays account

^Interesting, it' a Visa credit card and I assumed that it would work just like any other credit card with perks.

Ordered my 2016 non-touch 13" MBP with 16GB RAM and picked up a USB-C to lightning cable, USB-C SanDisk card reader, and the USB-C Digital AV hub in store.

Saw the new MBPs in store and I liked what I saw. Looking forward for it to arrive.

Hopefully it arrives by the end of the week
nerd.gif

Dumb question.

Say you have a non-retina iMac and you are running a 4k external monitor, would the external monitor's display still be in 4k?

Dumb question.

Say you have a non-retina iMac and you are running a 4k external monitor, would the external monitor's display still be in 4k?
Might upscale it as close to 4k...But pretty sure it won't be true 4k.

roll.gif

That truth though 
mean.gif

I will be rocking this iMac 27" + iPad Pro combo for a minute 
nthat.gif

Oh yea, and you guys check out that Logitech K811 keyboard if you haven't. It is designed for Apple devices and has 3 BT profiles and designated buttons, so that you can switch on the fly with them as you go. The keys feel great on it too, and it is rechargeable and doesn't take batteries. I grabbed one early this year and have been loving it ever since. 

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone

Back
Top Bottom