The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

If you guys don't know, you guys can check out Reddit as well. They have a Mac Swap section under the main Apple sub on there.

Also swappa.cpm sells laptops now too

13"

15"

Edit: I filtered to only show 16gb of RAM for each screen size. They have more if you wanted 8gb RAM or a smaller SSD.

Last edited:
If they removed it from the Find My iPhone/Mac, then I believe that's it for the laptops.

I know for the phones, you have to go into the settings and remove it, but not sure if there is a setting like that on the computers. 
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

[h2]Create a backup[/h2]
Be sure you have an up-to-date backup of your important files and data. Learn how to back up your data  in OS X.

[h2]Sign out of iTunes[/h2]
Open iTunes. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Authorizations > Deauthorize This Computer.

When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password. Then click Deauthorize.

Learn more about deauthorizing your computer using iTunes, including how to deauthorize all the computers you've used with your iTunes account.

[h2]Sign out of iCloud[/h2]
If you use Find My Mac or other iCloud features on your Mac, you should first archive or make copies of your iCloud data.

After that, choose Apple Menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, and then deselect the Find My Mac checkbox.

Finally, sign out of iCloud. In System Preferences, click iCloud, and then click the Sign Out button.

When you sign out of iCloud, you're asked whether you want to remove iCloud data from your Mac. Your iCloud data will remain on any other devices that are using the same Apple ID.

[h2]Sign out of iMessage[/h2]
If you're using OS X Mountain Lion or later, sign out of iMessage.

In the Messages app, choose Preferences > Accounts. Select your iMessage account, then click Sign Out.

[h2]Erase and reinstall OS X[/h2]

If they removed it from the Find My iPhone/Mac, then I believe that's it for the laptops.

I know for the phones, you have to go into the settings and remove it, but not sure if there is a setting like that on the computers. 
Same info i was finding, thanks for the reply.

Icloud and find my mac is so badly implemented on the mac

I sold my macbook all formatted and freshly restored to a guy without logging off my icloud and I can still the location and everything of that mac.
Worst part is I can't remove that device from my account without having physical access to that computer so I can essentially stalk this guy's location whenever his mac is on.

I finally got to check out the non-touchbar 13" MacBook Pro in person

- The space grey is nice.

- They keyboard is ok, but it will take some getting used to.

- The footprint is smaller than I expected

- The speakers are louder

- Screen is nice

- That price though :x

- Also the loss of magsafe sucks

- Only 2 usb-c could get annoying unless you have a hub, the 2 ports are only on the left side

I want to see the touchbar 13" and 15" before I make any decisions

- Screen is nice

- Only 2 usb-c could get annoying unless you have a hub, the 2 ports are only on the left side

What do you think about the late 2015 model?

If you're in a profession that needs the ports, and need the power for the low, and can get some kind of deal, it's a hard choice to pass up.

Thinking of buying my brother a mbp for doing well in school. He just got an award for receiving above 90% average in his grade. Plus his laptop has been crapping out on him.

Hes also a PC Gamer, not sure if gaming is any good on a mac. Any suggestions to a mbp with decent specs?

Low key just started of thinking about selling my Mid 2015 MBP since resale is going up and copping an iMac 27in since I use it stationary anyways.

Thinking of buying my brother a mbp for doing well in school. He just got an award for receiving above 90% average in his grade. Plus his laptop has been crapping out on him.

Hes also a PC Gamer, not sure if gaming is any good on a mac. Any suggestions to a mbp with decent specs?
If he's a gamer he'll want Windows

If he's a gamer he'll want Windows

Nothing hardcore in terms of gaming. I see him playing Minecraft here and there. Just trying to show him the light with Mac OS :lol:

Yeah, depending on the game(s) that he plays, I'd probably suggest to him Windows.

MBPs are good and can handle gaming, but I'm sure you'd have to play at lower specs.

- Screen is nice

Magsafe byke!

Magsafe byke!
So....another adapter/dongle to buy.....
indifferent.gif

I couldn't resist, but that is pretty slick 
roll.gif

If that was an official Apple accessory I would've lost it :lol:. Could definitely be a useful accessory if the price was right though.

But that magnet looks kinda weak. Didn't look like a clean connection when it was just resting there.

Is there Mac software similar to office, or do most people just use office on macs?

Just bought my wife the first Mac either have us have ever had, and really have never used a mac at all.

Last edited:
Is there Mac software similar to office, or do most people just use office on macs?

Just bought my wife the first Mac either have us have ever had, and really have never used a mac at all.
Yes, you can buy Office 2016 for Macs, or use Google Docs
Yea most use Office for Mac. The Apple version is iWork - http://www.apple.com/iwork/

I would try to stick to MS Office as much as you could though for compatibility. 

Ditto on using Office for Mac.

@LuckyLuchiano  Try holding off on an iMac, if you can. They are suppose to be receiving a refresh real soon.

Side note: My 2016 non-touch Macbook Pro has arrived and just have to pick it up from the front office 
pimp.gif

It'll feel good to have a computer at home again...Never used my phone as much as I did to browse the internet 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ditto on using Office for Mac.

@LuckyLuchiano
 Try holding off on an iMac, if you can. They are suppose to be receiving a refresh real soon.

Side note: My 2016 non-touch Macbook Pro has arrived and just have to pick it up from the front office :pimp:  

It'll feel good to have a computer at home again...Never used my phone as much as I did to browse the internet :lol:

Is this your first Mac?

Back
Top Bottom