The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i know, but if he just wants to view on his computer mactheripper is fine. i use handbrake anyway. handbrake + netflix account = $$$ saved

pimp.gif
I use this DVD rental thing they got at a Wal Mart right by my apt.It's called redbox and it's $1 rentals on new releases.

just got apple motion
pimp.gif

if you edit movies for school or even just for fun, its great! It has a bit of a learning curve but once u get the hang of it, its dope!!
Im messing with explosions right now and making it look like someone got ran over with a car haha

just curious if anyone uses Camino instead of Firefox.. Firefox works great for me but seeing as how Camino is supposedly just for OS X I was wondering ifit's any better. thanks ahead

I download camino, it was horrible. It was during a time Firefox was transitioning to 3, and the early version wasn't working will on OSX. Firefox ftw. Theonlying that sucks is you can't save songs, and such. Theres a trick to save youtube videos on Safari...

I have been having trouble watching/listening through zShare on firefox 3.0.5. None of the files play!! Is this a problem on this version of firefox? anyoneknows how to fix it??

Originally Posted by Bleepthat

I have been having trouble watching/listening through zShare on firefox 3.0.5. None of the files play!! Is this a problem on this version of firefox? anyone knows how to fix it??

I have this same problem. Anyone know a fix?
nerd.gif

I finally got CandyBar.. does my icon stay even when the trial ends? And I notice everyone's icon look larger yet when I click and drag my icons come outextra small.. how do I fix that?

For those who have Windows XP via BootCamp, how much space did you partition for Windows? I will only really be using it for Office and a few simple games(Sims, Sim City, Age of Empires). I was thinking 40gb, that too much?

Mac Heads quick question....

My school is put the 2.4ghz with 200gb HD and 256 mb video Macbook pro for $1299 with a free HP printer. Is this a good deal? I currently have a 2.0ghz MacbookCore Duo....I am really tempted on buy this, or should I just wait and save for one of the newer pro's...I really want a matte screen. And the fact thatthese pro's are all new and have only been "old" as of October, I think it's worth it.

Input is appreciated. Thanks.

^ Wait so it's a unibody one? The MacBook Pro 2.4 comes with 250gb HD. If it is a MacBook Pro that is a STEAL. Even if it is a 2.4 MacBook (which is what Ijust got), that is a hell of a deal!

It's not the unibody model. (I wish) it's the previous aluminum model. It's a 2.4ghz core duo. Weren't the last mb pro's core 2 duo? Or amI just mixing myself up. I am really tempted on getting a pro.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

It's not the unibody model. (I wish) it's the previous aluminum model. It's a 2.4ghz core duo. Weren't the last mb pro's core 2 duo? Or am I just mixing myself up. I am really tempted on getting a pro.

they were i own one

anyone here use splitfuse for mac? i used it to get a couple links for a movie into 1 link. i fused them together but the fused movie doesn't work on vlc.can anyone help me with the problem?

Finally got my imac 24'.
pimp.gif

Got a nice deal 3.06 GHZ,750GB HD, 4GB RAM for $1500 and applecare off CL.

%+*! is huge in person.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Finally got my imac 24'.
pimp.gif

%+*! is huge in person.

good deal but they're suppose to be updated soon.

When ? I feel robbed now.
laugh.gif

I forgot to mention
smh.gif
@ how short the cords are for the keyboard & mouse. Ill be going wireless soon.

Finally got my imac 24'.
pimp.gif

%+*! is huge in person.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
It's a monster in person it was either that or the MBP, Iwent with the laptop.

laugh.gif

I forgot to mention
smh.gif

Don't worry it won't be a whole revamp. They'll probably just give the specs a boost. I can't imagine them changing the look of them when theyjust recently made all the Macbooks match the iMacs. I could be wrong though, just sayin.

Finally got my imac 24'.
pimp.gif

%+*! is huge in person.

Damn that's cheap.. I got the 20" 1GB RAM, 2.4 GHZ, 250GB all for 1,000. Now I feel robbed now.

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

laugh.gif

I forgot to mention
smh.gif

Don't worry it won't be a whole revamp. They'll probably just give the specs a boost. I can't imagine them changing the look of them when they just recently made all the Macbooks match the iMacs. I could be wrong though, just sayin.
It'll be a brand new chipset and processors. It could be a big upgrade if you want the supposed quad-core power that'll become an option. Also they are supposed to improve the cooling.

How can I get that 3rd to the right icon on the dock for programs/files? When I click it, it expands into a stream of files/folders to stay organized. (this ison my school's mac)

Back
Top Bottom