The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I got GeekTool a while back. I got all the codes working and whatnot. I'm just wondering how some of you guys have the little icon show up in the weather shell like when it's cloudy for example, or sunny. I got the weather code activated, but it just says the forecast. I want the preview to show up. I don't know if I explained it right.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Apparently the MBP is the better buy. I have about the same plan, although I might wait a bit more even if they dont show anything new on wednesday, although I hope they do, I'm getting real imaptient....
happy.gif

Yeah, I want the MBP because it looks better to be honest. But at the same time, I'm not really planning on dropping the extra $$$ for appearances, lol. Who knows tho. I'm definitely getting impatient tho. The tablet news has taken over all the rumors, so there isn't much news out there regarding the new MBPs. I'm just hoping Jobs drops it as a "one more thing" and keep it moving. Hopefully they'll be available right away and I'll have a new MBP by next week.
happy.gif

if anyone is interested in a black macbook lmk. im letting mine go right now for a great price. it was purchased in 08/08.

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Apparently the MBP is the better buy. I have about the same plan, although I might wait a bit more even if they dont show anything new on wednesday, although I hope they do, I'm getting real imaptient....
happy.gif

Yeah, I want the MBP because it looks better to be honest. But at the same time, I'm not really planning on dropping the extra $$$ for appearances, lol. Who knows tho. I'm definitely getting impatient tho. The tablet news has taken over all the rumors, so there isn't much news out there regarding the new MBPs. I'm just hoping Jobs drops it as a "one more thing" and keep it moving. Hopefully they'll be available right away and I'll have a new MBP by next week.
happy.gif
Waiting on the 27th myself. I have a White MacBook that will be going to my sister. I just want those Arrandale chips. 
devil.gif

Hell, if the tablet is sweet might just get one of those while I'm at it. 

Can someone help me out? If I order a mac online, lets say from the US, but I order it to HUngary, how will the warranty apply? Can I take it to any mac retailer here in HUngary or anywhere in the world and get maintence?

Originally Posted by jon4rd

Could I still purchase applecare?
Or did I have to get it when I first bought my mbp?
as long as you get it within the year you bought it. so from the day you bought it, you'd have 12 months to purchase applecare

Yea, I've been thinking about copping the MB, then getting the AppleCare in a few months since I have a year to get it.

I've been looking for a photo comparison of the MB and MBP but I can't find one anywhere...any ideas?
Apple.com allows you to compare the two.  Also check out Macrumors.com they have a really helpful buying guide along with spec details. IMO invest in the MBP.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I've been looking for a photo comparison of the MB and MBP but I can't find one anywhere...any ideas?
Apple.com allows you to compare the two.  Also check out Macrumors.com they have a really helpful buying guide along with spec details. IMO invest in the MBP.
Interesting point. Iono why, but I've just been looking at this as purchasing a computer. Instead, it's actually an investment. Anytime you invest, you go with the best if you can. My decision is made. MBP it is,
laugh.gif

Just remember, when they update the chips in the MBP, the graphics cards that are built in won't be as strong as the 9400M. Sure they'll probably give you the same or better option in the 15 inch version for the extra graphics cards which is the 9600 ATM. But intels top of the line built-in graphics are nowhere near what the 9400 offers in these current MBPs.

so i go to the genius bar today to see about getting my mighty mouse replaced (i was already on my 2nd one as is), it has been acting up for months. and sure enough, i get to the apple store and it wants to work perfectly so there was nothing they could do.

i just went ahead and bought a new magic mouse, i wish it had a little more height to it, other than that its their best mouse yet!

how do others like their magic mouse?

5djby9.jpg

^ I've been reading reviews and watching vids on the magic mouse compared to the bulky logitech mice I'm used to I think I'll end up hurting my hand using that thing

^ well luckily since i am a female and I have smaller hands, i will be ok (i'm hoping). so far no cramping, i'm gonna test it out for a week and see how i feel

@Biggie62- so your saying that the videocard wont be as good in the next line of MBP's as in the current line? I thought I heard that the videocards will be better too....

question

im in the process of upgrading my aluminum macbook from 160gb to 500gb and the ram from 2gb to 4.

now i am going to be putting parallels on here also because i need windows for work. im gonna get vista or 7 but do i get 32 or 64 bit? whats the difference in this???? help please

Back
Top Bottom