The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Is there going to be a refresh on MBPs and Imacs this Spring?
Most likely before then on both, but i would expect a refresh for sure by April at the latest. The last time MBPs were up updated was April 2010. iMacs were last updated late July. Product cycles typically refresh every 6-8 months
so current joints will see price drop correct?
yes, minor discounts will be in place...$200-$300 is usually knocked off the retail price and clearanced out through apple. You may find them cheaper still on university campuses

anybody know of any Mac discounts going on or coming soon
what model? Look at the refurb stock on apple.com, or peep amazon/macmall
what do you mean in regards to university campuses? like actual universities selling off inventory?
yeah. They get them for cheaper so they usually sell them for cheaper as well. I've seen sub-$1000 13" MBPs for example

idiotic question, but are these usually in house auctions, or do the universities place them online or what? My school still have the old school joints so I aint even trying them

Is there going to be a refresh on MBPs and Imacs this Spring?
Most likely before then on both, but i would expect a refresh for sure by April at the latest. The last time MBPs were up updated was April 2010. iMacs were last updated late July. Product cycles typically refresh every 6-8 months
so current joints will see price drop correct?
yes, minor discounts will be in place...$200-$300 is usually knocked off the retail price and clearanced out through apple. You may find them cheaper still on university campuses

anybody know of any Mac discounts going on or coming soon
what model? Look at the refurb stock on apple.com, or peep amazon/macmall
what do you mean in regards to university campuses? like actual universities selling off inventory?
yeah. They get them for cheaper so they usually sell them for cheaper as well. I've seen sub-$1000 13" MBPs for example
idiotic question, but are these usually in house auctions, or do the universities place them online or what? My school still have the old school joints so I aint even trying them

Normally they just advertise the Mac's that are being replaced with a lower price and sell them that way.  I haven't heard of any online sales through the campus bookstores.

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by BuTtAKiD
eek.gif

How do I get the current song playing in iTunes to show on the desktop like this?
og on derrick rose wallpaper

hey guys happy holidays! i recent received a Western Digital 1TB external HD for christmas. It has 2 partitions 1 for time machine backups and another just for some extra space . They are both set to Mac Os Journaled and work fine but when i connected it to my brother Windows laptop to get some music of his hard drive, it wasnt able to find the hard drive. i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and nothing happened. any help? thanks.

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

hey guys happy holidays! i recent received a Western Digital 1TB external HD for christmas. It has 2 partitions 1 for time machine backups and another just for some extra space . They are both set to Mac Os Journaled and work fine but when i connected it to my brother Windows laptop to get some music of his hard drive, it wasnt able to find the hard drive. i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and nothing happened. any help? thanks.
HFS+ formatted drives (Mac OS Extended) cannot be natively read by windows. Instal Macdrive on the windows computer and you're good to go.

A question, do you guys update software on old ipod touches? I have a secound generation touch with the OG software and its been working perfectly. Will the new software make it better, or slow it down because of the old hardware? thanks!

Originally Posted by nocomment6

A question, do you guys update software on old ipod touches? I have a secound generation touch with the OG software and its been working perfectly. Will the new software make it better, or slow it down because of the old hardware? thanks!
i'd keep it no higher than 3.1.3. 4.0+ firmware doesn't add much of anything besides headaches and slow response. in 5 incremental updates since 4.0, they still can't get it right

What is the best program to use to burn DVDs?

Roxio Toast, Burn (10.5 or below) and Apple's built in Disk Utility (if you're dealing with .iso/.cdr/.img files)

So ive only had my macbook pro for 6 weeks and today i look at the battery and it says replace now. Couldn't believe it. how could this happen so soon? Anyway, i don't have applecare as of yet but its still under warrenty, will this cost me anything? or is it covered?

thanks!

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

So ive only had my macbook pro for 6 weeks and today i look at the battery and it says replace now. Couldn't believe it. how could this happen so soon? Anyway, i don't have applecare as of yet but its still under warrenty, will this cost me anything? or is it covered?

thanks!
It shouldn't cost you anything. Mine was doing that a couple months back (3 months or so out of warranty), but I calibrated my battery first to make sure that it wasn't effed up. I did 2-3 complete discharge cycles and my battery is back to where it was and not giving me the replace battery sign anymore.

Canbdybar? no?

What kind of maintanance does a MBP need? ARe there anythings to do with it occasionally to keep it in top shape?

My bad.....it can be done though.

What's the name of the program that has the cover art displayed for the song being played on the desktop??? Never mind....I found the answer on previous pages.

Here's a screenshot of my 27 inch.....I'm in complete love with this machine.

e5gzef.png

So I got a MBP not too long ago and I've finally got the free time to start setting it up to my liking. I've tried to change the icons for some of my applications and nothing is working. I've looked at numerous sources and all of them say to use Get Info --> Copy --> Get Info --> Paste. Still no luck. Is there any way to change the icons without using Candy Bar? Thanks.

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

So I got a MBP not too long ago and I've finally got the free time to start setting it up to my liking. I've tried to change the icons for some of my applications and nothing is working. I've looked at numerous sources and all of them say to use Get Info --> Copy --> Get Info --> Paste. Still no luck. Is there any way to change the icons without using Candy Bar? Thanks.

You gotta change the permissions on those .ico files. On the get info pane of an application, open the lock on the bottom right corner and make sure it's set to "Read & Write." you should be able to change the icons after that. System icons can be a bit more tricky

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Why wouldn't you want to use candy bar? 

Back
Top Bottom