The Official Madden 11 Thread (PS3/360) RD: August 10, 2010 *Pics, Vids*

Just played my first game online and it was nice, had a bit of a different feel.

Seemed like there were way too many holes and neither of us could get a stop to save our lives until the end of the 3rd where i got nailed right as i threw it and he got a pick and was pretty much in desperation mode from there already down 1 touchdown.

Either the guy I was playing was amazing or this game needs some patching up, I ran with the 49ers and he was the Raiders and he literally scored every time he touched it. He had 408 total yards and I had 323, might be a little much for my liking.

Jason Campbell was literally unstoppable, 17-18. Mcfadden had 164 yards on 14 attempts.... Cmon now. Im hoping its just cause it was my 1st game or that I was playing a damn developer or something.

What defense do y'all run with? Im good on the offensive side but never really have been on defense. Especially with those little dumpoffs to the RB and TE all day, %#!+ had me irritated as hell last year.. theres GOT to be a way to stop that garbage.

Just played my first game online and it was nice, had a bit of a different feel.

Seemed like there were way too many holes and neither of us could get a stop to save our lives until the end of the 3rd where i got nailed right as i threw it and he got a pick and was pretty much in desperation mode from there already down 1 touchdown.

Either the guy I was playing was amazing or this game needs some patching up, I ran with the 49ers and he was the Raiders and he literally scored every time he touched it. He had 408 total yards and I had 323, might be a little much for my liking.

Jason Campbell was literally unstoppable, 17-18. Mcfadden had 164 yards on 14 attempts.... Cmon now. Im hoping its just cause it was my 1st game or that I was playing a damn developer or something.

What defense do y'all run with? Im good on the offensive side but never really have been on defense. Especially with those little dumpoffs to the RB and TE all day, %#!+ had me irritated as hell last year.. theres GOT to be a way to stop that garbage.

Just went to gamestop to pick mine up. Andre Caldwell was there waitin in line.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

laugh.gif

Did you give him some glue so he wont fumble this year?

I have to wait until I get off if I decide to scoop it up. My boy flaked like hell on me.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

laugh.gif

Did you give him some glue so he wont fumble this year?

I have to wait until I get off if I decide to scoop it up. My boy flaked like hell on me.
tired.gif

One thing I noticed from a few people who have it already told me (plus the IGN review) is Gus Johnson is a good addition but it seems robotic at times. Like the announcing has always been... i.e. "The quarterback drops back for a pass..... he lets it go..... Broken up incomplete..."

I think something that they should do for Madden next year is have Collinsworth & Gus record 5-10x more sound bites than normal and add in more conversation/banter.. Give a more flowing feel for the game instead of choppy sound bites...

You could even try to add stuff from real games (probably beyond hard to do)... May add that extra emotion in the commentary that may make it more exciting and realistic.... If possible..

As for Franchise mode for the love of god I wish they would completely restructure it.. It's a good mode but year after year pretty much the same thing with minor changes is ridiculous.. It isn't fun..(Hence why more people are boycotting Madden each year)... The lack of effort because of lack of competition turned Madden from great games to I will get it but I'm not happy about it...

Career mode I'm not sure how it works (people I know haven't tried it... so I'm only going off IGN who say it is the same)... Only thing I can think of is since cut scenes are becoming big this year... IT may be a good idea to add those in.... I'm not sure what else they could do with it..

One thing I noticed from a few people who have it already told me (plus the IGN review) is Gus Johnson is a good addition but it seems robotic at times. Like the announcing has always been... i.e. "The quarterback drops back for a pass..... he lets it go..... Broken up incomplete..."

I think something that they should do for Madden next year is have Collinsworth & Gus record 5-10x more sound bites than normal and add in more conversation/banter.. Give a more flowing feel for the game instead of choppy sound bites...

You could even try to add stuff from real games (probably beyond hard to do)... May add that extra emotion in the commentary that may make it more exciting and realistic.... If possible..

As for Franchise mode for the love of god I wish they would completely restructure it.. It's a good mode but year after year pretty much the same thing with minor changes is ridiculous.. It isn't fun..(Hence why more people are boycotting Madden each year)... The lack of effort because of lack of competition turned Madden from great games to I will get it but I'm not happy about it...

Career mode I'm not sure how it works (people I know haven't tried it... so I'm only going off IGN who say it is the same)... Only thing I can think of is since cut scenes are becoming big this year... IT may be a good idea to add those in.... I'm not sure what else they could do with it..

Got to play the game tonight. It's awful. I hopefully won't give in and wont waste my money. It feels so sluggish... and I HATE how they changed the preplay controls.

Got to play the game tonight. It's awful. I hopefully won't give in and wont waste my money. It feels so sluggish... and I HATE how they changed the preplay controls.

I ordered mine on Walmart.com & it's supposed to arrive "Tuesday-Thursday"
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

It's all good though cuz I got a free $20 gift card with my purchase.
pimp.gif

I ordered mine on Walmart.com & it's supposed to arrive "Tuesday-Thursday"
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

It's all good though cuz I got a free $20 gift card with my purchase.
pimp.gif

Just picked it up
pimp.gif

Will be playing tomorrow... got !#%! to do tonight.

GT: JPZxPERO

Just picked it up
pimp.gif

Will be playing tomorrow... got !#%! to do tonight.

GT: JPZxPERO

there was like 10 people at the store i went to was checked out and back at the house in 6 minutes

there was like 10 people at the store i went to was checked out and back at the house in 6 minutes

Im 1-1 online.. the defensive sliders need to be boosted but other than that I have really enjoyed the first 2 games i have played so far.

Im 1-1 online.. the defensive sliders need to be boosted but other than that I have really enjoyed the first 2 games i have played so far.

I knew it was coming out on the 10th until this threads title threw me off today. When I realized its coming out today I called the nearest gamestop and they didnt pick up so I'll get it in the AM.

I knew it was coming out on the 10th until this threads title threw me off today. When I realized its coming out today I called the nearest gamestop and they didnt pick up so I'll get it in the AM.

game is good and all but its stupid that if your opponent quits before half u dont get a win and the other player doesnt get a lose
should be 3-1 but im only 1-1

Back
Top Bottom