***/***The Official Meek Mill thread ***/*** (It's Maybach Music.. Nice)

Off first listen I'll say it's a solid debut album. He had his moments where he just spitting with mad emotion and energy but sometimes its hard to stay focused on the music because he's so repetitive. There are a few standout tracks though, can't deny him that. Tony Story Pt. 2, Dreams and Nightmares, In God We Trust all go hard...

He living that lifestyle so you wouldn't understand just enjoy the music

Listening now.

Listening now, it's pretty much what you expect. That MMG type production. Him yelling and repeating the same four bars in different ways or sometimes the same.

LOL, I'm a south Floridian bro and, ever since dude came to town, he's transformed immensely. I saw his earlier freestyles, his mixtape series, etc. and I've had my fair share of those items (sans the cars, not interested in vehicles). Anywho, what makes his story so much more appealing or enamoring than other guys, who use the same connotations? Meek's from the streets correct? He's seen money prior to, correct? Dude speaks this glamorous lifestyle but believe you me, at this rate, he'll be in soup and bread line soon. I love Philadelphia musicians. Meek was one because, I felt that he had the pure, philly flow that's s synonymous with the city's hip-hop culture. Meek better re-group if he wants to last and carve a niche in this game.

LOL, I'm a south Floridian bro and, ever since dude came to town, he's transformed immensely. I saw his earlier freestyles, his mixtape series, etc. and I've had my fair share of those items (sans the cars, not interested in vehicles). Anywho, what makes his story so much more appealing or enamoring than other guys, who use the same connotations? Meek's from the streets correct? He's seen money prior to, correct? Dude speaks this glamorous lifestyle but believe you me, at this rate, he'll be in soup and bread line soon. I love Philadelphia musicians. Meek was one because, I felt that he had the pure, philly flow that's s synonymous with the city's hip-hop culture. Meek better re-group if he wants to last and carve a niche in this game.
Very true.

In my eyes, Meek is pretty talented at putting words together but...hes not making memorable music. He's gotten addicted to that microwave music. 

Maybach Curtains is the definition of underwhelming
Young and Gettin' It is cool but don't like Meek with the auto tune
Traumatized is weak
Believe It is pretty bad, nice beat but Ross yelling on the hook....HAHAHAHA

Def interested in hearing this since Meek was huge in my area (South Jersey) way before the MMG & even Grand Hustle deal. I think hes getting better production and hes a better song maker than before but his problem has always been his repetitveness...

Very true.

In my eyes, Meek is pretty talented at putting words together but...hes not making memorable music. He's gotten addicted to that microwave music. 
Like i said before hes living that lifestyle hes already gotten where he wanna be at so hes not really hungry like he once was

For prime example remember when Beanie Sigel was once on Rocafella even when he had bread he wasnt flossin hard he could of been on some Meek status he wasnt up for that til this day he still a beast unlike Meek he made the lifestyle get the best of him and hes living off that so let that boy cook

Like i said before hes living that lifestyle hes already gotten where he wanna be at so hes not really hungry like he once was
For prime example remember when Beanie Sigel was once on Rocafella even when he had bread he wasnt flossin hard he could of been on some Meek status he wasnt up for that til this day he still a beast unlike Meek he made the lifestyle get the best of him and hes living off that so let that boy cook

That's commendable bro. I WANT MEEK TO COOK. I never want to see anyone in a unproductive, unhealthy position within their lives. I don't wish mediocrity or failure upon anyone. BUT, as a fan of his, and music, dude really re-adjusted his lifestyle in way to me (as a fan of his) that just seems quite wreckless. Dude is uber talented, he's nice with the pen but, from a city that has produced two of my favorite emcees (Black Thought and Beans) I see him backpedaling right now. We all know that money is the true barometer and tester of a person's character and mental fortitude but, It has changed Meek moreso than any artist I've personally followed, in the past 3-4 years. I just hope this a bit of him enjoying his riches, then, once it settles, he goes back to the proper form. That's it. Maybe he's just in enjoyment mode, which I can understand.

That's commendable bro. I WANT MEEK TO COOK. I never want to see anyone in a unproductive, unhealthy position within their lives. I don't wish mediocrity or failure upon anyone. BUT, as a fan of his, and music, dude really re-adjusted his lifestyle in way to me (as a fan of his) that just seems quite wreckless. Dude is uber talented, he's nice with the pen but, from a city that has produced two of my favorite emcees (Black Thought and Beans) I see him backpedaling right now. We all know that money is the true barometer and tester of a person's character and mental fortitude but, It has changed Meek moreso than any artist I've personally followed, in the past 3-4 years. I just hope this a bit of him enjoying his riches, then, once it settles, he goes back to the proper form. That's it. Maybe he's just in enjoyment mode, which I can understand.
I concur but once a N_ got MONEY you can't tell em nothin til he learn thats life lesson..

Theres...gonna be a mixtape in two months tops. This ain't gonna hold him over. 
laugh.gif
 Just sayin...

Last edited:
All I kept were..

Intro
In God We Trust
Polo & Shell Tops
Real N's Come First

everything else was deleted

People tried to say this before and I never listened...dude is kinda average. I thought he was witty and intense...but he gets exposed when it comes to "concepts"  on those "introspective" songs...

Rich and Famous is kinda interesting though. 

Trey Songz is so trash these days. More miss than hit. 

The production > Lyrics by far. 

I don't even know how many singles he can have off this thing. 
laugh.gif

Red bottoms. Poon. Phantoms. Learjets. I mean...I didn't think i'd get tired of it, but this is really fatiguing. I was struggling to finish this. 

Last edited:
The album is that bad? Sheesh.

I agree that he already peaked. Should have dropped a while ago.

:lol: at the music sounding same post being 14 months late.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
at the music sounding same post being 14 months late.
I don't know if its...bad...its just not that great.

Its the epitome of average. 

Its like he just threw it in the microwave and hit "play"...it'll serve a purpose when you need "that type" of music. 

This sounds like another mixtape...either that says something about the mixtape game or his ability to actually make album quality stuff. I don't know.

I can't explain how tired of dude I felt after listening to this....I mean I seriously had to play The Roots Undun and Robert Glasper afterwards to just kinda get that out of my head. Maybe its just me. I really don't know who green-lit this project. 

IMO, Kendrick's album probably sounds "so much better" than whats out because this sort of stuff seems to be so overbearing. Its like a slight shade of gray compared to a field of black that sticks out ever so slightly. 

Last edited:
Initial thoughts:

• Intro goes hard

• In God We Trust and Young & Gettin It are auto-skips

• Boi-1da KILLED Traumatized and Tony Story 2 :pimp:

• Believe It cranks

• Tony Story 2 is far and away the best track

• Minus TS2, the entire second half of the album kind of sounds like one song

• Nice to hear that he kept that trap sound to a relative minimum

It's a solid album. A lot of similar-sounding songs, but there aren't any actual bad songs except for the two I mentioned. Plenty of bangers.

Last edited:

:lol: at the music sounding same post being 14 months late.
I don't know if its...bad...its just not that great.

Its the epitome of average. 

Its like he just threw it in the microwave and hit "play"...it'll serve a purpose when you need "that type" of music. 

This sounds like another mixtape...either that says something about the mixtape game or his ability to actually make album quality stuff. I don't know.

I can't explain how tired of dude I felt after listening to this....I mean I seriously had to play The Roots Undun and Robert Glasper afterwards to just kinda get that out of my head. Maybe its just me. I really don't know who green-lit this project. 

IMO, Kendrick's album probably sounds "so much better" than whats out because this sort of stuff seems to be so overbearing. Its like a slight shade of gray compared to a field of black that sticks out ever so slightly. 

Has to be the latter because Dreamchasers 2 was trash bin material as well. The way many of you feel tired of him is the same way I felt after the initial singles to DC2.

just heard it. im just keeping the intro and deleting everything else. super redundant and mad average. from listening to Maad city to this doesnt help either.

Aint listen to it all the way yet but I liked Traumatized & Tony Story 2 the most. Its ok, much better than Dreamchasers 2 and yea I think this is dudes peak too, oh well. Hes still better than most rappers in this sub genre of rap

Traumatized is easily the best song on the album, right next to Tony Story 2. too much emotion in them tracks, that's the type of stuff i like in artists :smokin

Back
Top Bottom