***/***The Official Meek Mill thread ***/*** (It's Maybach Music.. Nice)

Traumatized is easily the best song on the album, right next to Tony Story 2. too much emotion in them tracks, that's the type of stuff i like in artists
smokin.gif
Not trying to get a rise out of you...but did you REALLY feel like there was "emotion" there? 

A lot of it felt like overcompensation and feigned sincerity to me. 

Not trying to get a rise out of you...but did you REALLY feel like there was "emotion" there? 

ok it's not that much emotion but they are the best songs on here

Guess I'm the only person that likes this album? Oh well. I didnt hear a song that I flat out didnt like. I had low expectations coming in and he proved me wrong. Oh well. So much of this is going into my top rated. It bangs, idk what you guys were expecting out of dude, we all know what hes about and he did exactly what I expected him to do on this. Better this than him trying to totally alter his style for the sole purpose of fitting the traditional album format word to 2Chainz

He just had to try and force a girl song in there though, Rich and Famous sucks. I dont want to hear Meek Mill talk about wooing a woman come on B.

Gunplay, Drugs, Murder, Money, and Material items over a trap beat, this is Meek Mills lane and I'm glad he stayed right in it. 

This> Dreamchasers 2 by a fairly wide Margin. Needs some bonus tracks though, should have thrown Burn on here.

Last edited:
The album is ok but dude need to try new flows. It's like hearing the same song every track.

Yea. This > Dreamchasers 2

Meek got his point across. Didn't expect a spectacular album, just a solid effort.....which he accomplished.

I said it before, Meek doesn't have enough depth to carry a whole album....and I was right.

Intro, Tony Story 2, Traumautized, Polo & Shell Tops are really the only songs worth replaying.

Ambition >> This.

And y'all know I ain't like Ambition at all

I said it before, Meek doesn't have enough depth to carry a whole album....and I was right.

Intro, Tony Story 2, Traumautized, Polo & Shell Tops are really the only songs worth replaying.

Ambition >> This.

And y'all know I ain't like Ambition at all
Come on man, you cant be serious. That album was the epitome of recycle bin material, only the title track was good and that wasnt even because of Wale.

I knew Meek was no Kendrick, but I still had some decent hopes for this album. I've only been able to skim through most of it so far, but i have to say its disappointing.
Dreamchasers 2 went harder than this >D

This! That intro had me hella amped the album would be crinack! The intro and young kings and maybe one more go hard but his mixtapes went much harder. Dude clearly went too hollywood, paranoid over record sales :smh:

For a debut album Dreams and Nightmares is pretty cool. I think Rick Ross is on the album a bit too much. I dont know what happened to that song he was working on with J Cole and Game either. That would be nice to hear on his album.

Come on man, you cant be serious. That album was the epitome of recycle bin material, only the title track was good and that wasnt even because of Wale.

And what is this?

I never said I liked Ambition, I thought it was extremely disappointing, but Meek's album has 10 songs with damn near the same verses. Dude has zero range in his music.

Its aight. He got a few good songs on here. The Intro is dope and Young Kings and Traumatized. I'll listen to it again later but this is definitely disappointing.

Intro, Tony Story 2, Traumautized, Polo

I have to strongly disagree with that. You're wilding out.

As it was said, Meek Mill has no range in his subject matter. If it weren't for the different titles, you'd think he's making the same song over and over.

Last edited:
Told ya'll dude is way overrated.

I'll import it to my iTunes for my own review of the album on the 30th. I would never spend money on this crap; i'd let my boys buy it.

Album was ok... I personally liked Dreamchasers 2 better.

Dreams & Nightmares
Traumatized
Tony Story 2
Who Your Around
Maybach Curtains

Were the standouts for me off first listen.

Let's just say I can't wait for his next mixtape. I've been following his vlogs on wshh, and I thought those tracks would make it. Guess not.

I had a dream like martin luther + brain like a college student + rinse + repeat. 

I enjoyed the album.
I definitely feel like he put some emotion into these tracks.
The intro, In God we Trust, Traumatized, Who Your Around, Real N Come First.. all dope tracks.
At this point it's clear that Meek just wants to shine and get his bread up so I take his music for what it is.
He said some real %^&^ that I definitely felt, going through my street ^%$% with these rats out here.

Back
Top Bottom