***/***The Official Meek Mill thread ***/*** (It's Maybach Music.. Nice)

i feel like he needed more deep tracks on here, only 3 tracks i feel like that are on some story telling ish

it's a cool album, i expected more ::shrugs:: few bangers, no replay value whats so ever, all heat no substance

Downloaded and then deleted. I only lasted till the Mary J track and I realized I was wasting my time. I just can't get into Meek's music, apart from a couple of tracks
tired.gif

Maybe if the album came out in like august or whatever like it was supposed to it would have been received better. Hype was at its highest point then.

I just can't listen to this after GKMC :\

That intro tough. Wasn't expecting much from Meek, album sounded pretty much how i thought it would. I dug all the "serious" songs.

Tony Story 2. Pauly gotta go. :lol: :smh:

This type of rap album came out directly in the wrong month as far as new ****** go Kendrick just raised the bar up to heaven:smh:

Not that i'm expecting the same content but man after throwing on that LP all this new **** just sounds blah as hell
Exactly. I **** with Milly heavy but it just feel like you listening to a buncha empty bars after spinning that Kendrick joint.

- Preciate it.
Funny...thats how I felt after listening to the Kendrick joint. :lol:

And this is how I feel about Big Sean and Meek Mill :lol:, on top of Big Sean having that in between adolescent & fully grown male voice

Last edited:
Maybe if the album came out in like august or whatever like it was supposed to it would have been received better. Hype was at its highest point then.
I just can't listen to this after GKMC :\

Pretty much, and this is coming from a pretty big Meek fan.

Album is okay, standout tracks are traumatized, tony story, and the intro :x :x :x

Everything else is typical MMG, nothing special but not bad either. I think due to his flow being the pretty much the same, it felt like every song was the same, I did like Nas verse on Maybach Curtains.

I GOT DAT JUSTIN BEIBAH PLEASE BELIEVE IT

I dont care if it's the same song we've heard 100 times, this bangs

Heard the leak not really impressed...More of a Dream Chasers 2.5 to me. That isn't a bad thing though.

The album was nothing special imo.  Just the same old meek. Well , I guess it back to bumping GKMC

2nd time in a row that MMG has put out a dud 1st was ROSS GFID these dudes on MMG overhype themselves & put all there best **** on mixtapes..

2nd time in a row that MMG has put out a dud 1st was ROSS GFID these dudes on MMG overhype themselves & put all there best **** on mixtapes..

Well, here's the thing. albums are supposed to be reflections of your mixtapes. People forget that fact. You got to the point where you could drop an album because of your mixtapes. So when you get to a point where you can finally drop an album, you're supposed to change up?

IMO what happened with Meek is that people are now tired of hearing the same thing. The word "Album" entices you to check it out thinking you're going to see and hear something that isn't there. Like checking the fridge when you're hungry over and over again when you are hungry thinking something is going to magically appear.

Conceptually, the mixtapes from Meek were very predictable and the album is the same thing.

Big Sean is the undisputed champion of empty bars.
Even Meek has more substance than him.

Play Detroit and I highly doubt you will say that.

Oh and GKMC was such a great piece of work. With the world slurping Kendrick up and everybody thinking the cool thing to do is to listen to Dot, Meek is going to suffer from that big time.

Often, when you drop an album you want to have records that move you emotionally, make you feel a certain way. Take you on a ride. Meek doesn't do that and never has which is why after listening to him, you would say "I mean its cool, its okay...but it's just that"

Back
Top Bottom