The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Man, I caught a few attrites on recruiting duty from fools not wanting to ship out. Had to have the deputy sheriff go to one chicks house and her nor her mom would come outside. He was like what you wanna do? Lol, I'm like forget it, she'll regret it in a few months. She texted me a week later talking about she's pregnant.

I thought there was gonna be a lot of juniors but we are first class heavy. Half the enlisted are first. But I have the mind set of getting to know everything about the job and ship so I will get my hands dirty for now.
DDG you have duty like every 3/4 days right? Being stationed in Dago is the best :pimp:

Nah DDG was every 6 days so once a week on a DDG when I was on the PC's it was every 3 days which sucked but cool cause watch was limited and you didn't do much on duty at all. Kept you from spending money I guess lol.

Yep a guy I know from high school did the same. MPs rolled up to his house and friend's cribs looking for him. Dude(friend) told me he open the door to three humvees parked on his front lawn.

honestly only time MP's or legal is involved if the person was already active str8 up passed the first week in boot camp, you can still get to boot camp and back out a lot of people don't know that tho. You can go to meps ya ship out date and back out but once youre fully processed and go AWOL that's when its a situation. If you back out soon as you get to boot camp you still can roll out.

honestly only time MP's or legal is involved if the person was already active str8 up passed the first week in boot camp, you can still get to boot camp and back out a lot of people don't know that tho. You can go to meps ya ship out date and back out but once youre fully processed and go AWOL that's when its a situation. If you back out soon as you get to boot camp you still can roll out.
Truth. A lot of kids don't know that so we use to pull that scare tactic of having the cops come for 'em.

Man, I caught a few attrites on recruiting duty from fools not wanting to ship out. Had to have the deputy sheriff go to one chicks house and her nor her mom would come outside. He was like what you wanna do? Lol, I'm like forget it, she'll regret it in a few months. She texted me a week later talking about she's pregnant.
i salute you recruiters man, i couldnt deal with that hassle, i mean i go to the shcools and talk to kids but when they dodgin gettin shipped off
sick.gif
mean.gif
....Its almost like these folks dodging NON COMBAT deployments talkin about if they go theyre wife will leave them or chicks gettin knocked up just so they dont have to go....New Military I guess

Truth. A lot of kids don't know that so we use to pull that scare tactic of having the cops come for 'em.

Lmao yo i know a buddy that backed out before he shipped to bct.... They threaten to call the cops and the whole 9.... I told em they were not going to do anything

lmao this my last year being able to use it...... I have been using it since like 2010-2011 ish.  I take 2 courses online and 2 courses on campus.... BAH aint that high where I live at compared to DC and NYC. 

lmao this my last year being able to use it...... I have been using it since like 2010-2011 ish.  I take 2 courses online and 2 courses on campus.... BAH aint that high where I live at compared to DC and NYC. 
Hahaha, that's a lot better than getting nothing. You'd be surprised how many ppl get out and don't even take advantage of their GI Bill. Crazy.

smokin.gif

Can't wait to use mines in DC
huge difference

$4098 vs $2262

im commuting an hour from CT everyday and idgaf the money is worth it
Yeah that a huge difference. I would be renting a house out here if I was in school with that BAH

Hahaha, that's a lot better than getting nothing. You'd be surprised how many ppl get out and don't even take advantage of their GI Bill. Crazy.
I'm trying to get as much funding as I can for school but the guard keeps shutting me down. Was told I can get 50% off my Masters if I reinlist for 3 years.
ohwell.gif

Yeah that a huge difference. I would be renting a house out here if I was in school with that BAH

I'm trying to get as much funding as I can for school but the guard keeps shutting me down. Was told I can get 50% off my Masters if I reinlist for 3 years.:\
That's what my girl did actually. And you already know what comes along with the reenlistment (potential deployment, maybe) but thinking beyond that and setting yourself up for success is the goal. Think on it. You staying in the DMV area permanently or might move back down to the 3rd coast?

I'm trying to get as much funding as I can for school but the guard keeps shutting me down. Was told I can get 50% off my Masters if I reinlist for 3 years.
ohwell.gif
Yea, you gotta finesse these mofos to pay for all of it.... they probably going to want you to re up for 6 years though.
yea I know then complain how they can't get a job after they get out..

its all about how you sell yourself..... aint no hand outs out here

I got my Associates and about 4-5 certificates.....about 8-10 classes away from my Bachelor's

Last edited:

ohwell.gif
That's what my girl did actually. And you already know what comes along with the reenlistment (potential deployment, maybe) but thinking beyond that and setting yourself up for success is the goal. Think on it. You staying in the DMV area permanently or might move back down to the 3rd coast?
The only reason I will move back down south is for grad school and that would be for 2 years. So I'm in the DMV to stay, 

If I could swing it I would get a house so I could rent it out while I'm off at school.

All Sailors that work for me know that if they plan to get out they will take classes when we are out to sea. There is not point in talking about school and not being about school.

Amazing the phone calls I get now from kids who hated my guts but once they got out realized all I wanted was to see then succeed if its in or out of the Navy.

We got all the time in the world when we are out to sea. Take full advantage. Can't wait to complete my masters. Looking into a military masters program that USC has...

All Sailors that work for me know that if they plan to get out they will take classes when we are out to sea. There is not point in talking about school and not being about school.

Amazing the phone calls I get now from kids who hated my guts but once they got out realized all I wanted was to see then succeed if its in or out of the Navy.

We got all the time in the world when we are out to sea. Take full advantage. Can't wait to complete my masters. Looking into a military masters program that USC has...
Preach bro!

Yea bro excellent leadership....steer people in the right direction for success... I hate high ranking folks who never drop knowledge or gems to lead their folks.

As a leader feels good to see ya soldiers 3-4 yeara flourishing

Back
Top Bottom