The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Is it possible to switch occupations once I'm in the air force and if so is it frowned upon?

I really want to join but I don't know what it is exactly that I want to do.

Originally Posted by High Altitude

Originally Posted by Kash Money23

Air Force representing!! im at my tech school at sheppard afb f-16 crew chief

That sucks, bro. You're going to hate your job.
not really i picked this job good job if i get out and dont re enlist but my first duty station will be in Germany so im good 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by High Altitude

Originally Posted by Kash Money23

Air Force representing!! im at my tech school at sheppard afb f-16 crew chief

That sucks, bro. You're going to hate your job.
not really i picked this job good job if i get out and dont re enlist but my first duty station will be in Germany so im good 
pimp.gif

eddiehouse5 wrote:
I'm thinking of joining the Air Force. I have an AA, so what should I know?

Not sure what your degree is in, but with a associate degree you can enlist active duty and get your rank faster with already having school you will make E4 faster than someone without it.
You can also transfer your credits over and get a CCAF degree in your career field
If you join finish your degree its free, then if you dont like it you can get out with a BA

eddiehouse5 wrote:
I'm thinking of joining the Air Force. I have an AA, so what should I know?

Not sure what your degree is in, but with a associate degree you can enlist active duty and get your rank faster with already having school you will make E4 faster than someone without it.
You can also transfer your credits over and get a CCAF degree in your career field
If you join finish your degree its free, then if you dont like it you can get out with a BA

i'm going to call tomorrow. an officer contacted my house but i wasn't home to receive the call. i'm kind of nervous, lol. thank you, by the way.

i'm going to call tomorrow. an officer contacted my house but i wasn't home to receive the call. i'm kind of nervous, lol. thank you, by the way.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

all I know is that my board date is sometime in November. No word from my recruiter on whether it has been cancelled although I was given the community's point of
contact for OCS applicants at Naval Recruiting Command. I should probably email them to see if they know anything.

I would assume that the DL is rolling because they accept packages up until Sept. 30. I have a crappy OAR but the officers that I have talked to said it is a qualitative position.

*also, found out they closed all SWO board until next October. They were only taking aps for aviators and engineers.
I'm trying to do intel or supply. are those boards pushed back as well?

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

all I know is that my board date is sometime in November. No word from my recruiter on whether it has been cancelled although I was given the community's point of
contact for OCS applicants at Naval Recruiting Command. I should probably email them to see if they know anything.

I would assume that the DL is rolling because they accept packages up until Sept. 30. I have a crappy OAR but the officers that I have talked to said it is a qualitative position.

*also, found out they closed all SWO board until next October. They were only taking aps for aviators and engineers.
I'm trying to do intel or supply. are those boards pushed back as well?

^ did you put your package in? Check with your or. they just had a Intel board Monday...or sometime last week cuz results are out. Best of luck to all
smile.gif

^ did you put your package in? Check with your or. they just had a Intel board Monday...or sometime last week cuz results are out. Best of luck to all
smile.gif

Whats the Marines version of the Army's MP.. because I never heard of a Marine MP..

And I met a Marine during Fleet Week and he said I should look into joining the Marines as an Officer since I already have my degree.. he told me Officer boot camp is at Quantico and its harder on the books and less physical than normal boot camp.. any of that true? Thank you in advance

Whats the Marines version of the Army's MP.. because I never heard of a Marine MP..

And I met a Marine during Fleet Week and he said I should look into joining the Marines as an Officer since I already have my degree.. he told me Officer boot camp is at Quantico and its harder on the books and less physical than normal boot camp.. any of that true? Thank you in advance

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

USMC have MP, MOS 5811
my recruiter was a MP

go to the last page, I posted a link that you can use so that an officer selection recruiter could contact you

if you have a degree, go become an officer. trust me

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

USMC have MP, MOS 5811
my recruiter was a MP

go to the last page, I posted a link that you can use so that an officer selection recruiter could contact you

if you have a degree, go become an officer. trust me

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

smile.gif

The only thing I haven't done is the interview.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

don't be nervous, you didn't even sign any papers yet, haha
you're welcome, man

smile.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

don't be nervous, you didn't even sign any papers yet, haha
you're welcome, man

smile.gif

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

smile.gif

interviews arent mandatory. and you should have had your package submitted anyways. check out www.navyocs.com

like i said they just had an intel board. so im not sure when the next one will be especially with budget cuts
frown.gif

smile.gif

interviews arent mandatory. and you should have had your package submitted anyways. check out www.navyocs.com

like i said they just had an intel board. so im not sure when the next one will be especially with budget cuts
frown.gif

smile.gif

frown.gif
do you know anything about the next supply corps board?

smile.gif

frown.gif
do you know anything about the next supply corps board?

Back
Top Bottom