The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

I doubt that he's going to the combat zone, other than combat medics and corpsman. There's no medics in the military that go in the wire as medics.
Btw, shout-outs to devil docs, best doctor that a marine can have
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Anybody in the national guard?
Took my asvab today. Did well on the math and English part just waiting on the rest.

I want to do active duty after boot camp though.
Will I be limited as to what's available for me?

I wanted to go into intelligence.
Considered MP.

RO said to think of 3 things I'd wanna get into and can't think of a 3rd.
Plus I think I'm ineligible for intelligence. ;/
My best friend is in National Guard and he's a MP as well. He loves his job as much as his car. Reserves is not limited, you just live your life as a civilian but you're still under military contract and report for drill every other month for drill. If you still are undecided about your MOS, ask around. I'm sure that someone in the recruiter's office has the same job that you want to get into.

Took my asvab today. Did well on the math and English part just waiting on the rest.

Considered MP.

My best friend is in National Guard and he's a MP as well. He loves his job as much as his car. Reserves is not limited, you just live your life as a civilian but you're still under military contract and report for drill every other month for drill. If you still are undecided about your MOS, ask around. I'm sure that someone in the recruiter's office has the same job that you want to get into.

Originally Posted by debs 168

Hopefully the Marine Corps OCS process is easier to go forward with.

It all depends on your OSO and qualifications. But the military is getting smaller so its getting more competitive. I'm trying to go to OCS as well and my OSO told me this past Friday that there are no ground contracts for college juniors next summer and there are only 2 air contracts left for the whole country 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

Hopefully the Marine Corps OCS process is easier to go forward with.

It all depends on your OSO and qualifications. But the military is getting smaller so its getting more competitive. I'm trying to go to OCS as well and my OSO told me this past Friday that there are no ground contracts for college juniors next summer and there are only 2 air contracts left for the whole country 
ohwell.gif

good site i just stumbled upon shows all the recent deaths in the military and who they are how and where it happened and what unit they where attached in..... good resource site... very sad looking at some of the ages of these soldiers!!

its time to get out of this long war....

http://www.legacy.com/soldier/home.aspx

good site i just stumbled upon shows all the recent deaths in the military and who they are how and where it happened and what unit they where attached in..... good resource site... very sad looking at some of the ages of these soldiers!!

its time to get out of this long war....

http://www.legacy.com/soldier/home.aspx

Good luck getting into the AF as an Officer right now. They're currently trying to get rid of 1500 Junior O's.

Good luck getting into the AF as an Officer right now. They're currently trying to get rid of 1500 Junior O's.

Considered MP.

I'm not in the national guard, but I've worked with enough guardsmen to know the system inside and out.

If you want to go active, do it now, not later.  Active duty is not taking hardly any guard or reserve soldiers, and they won't be for a long time to come.

As far as MOS's, in the National Guard you will be limited to what your state has available.  Some states have certain MOS's and equipment that others don't have.
Example: Pennsylvania is the only state that has a Stryker Brigade, so they have certain MOS's to support Stryker's that other states won't have.
Also there are a few MOS's that are almost exclusive to the Army Reserve.

Slots for MP's are a dime a dozen in the Guard and Active component so you should be fine, just keep your criminal record clean because to go further you go in rank, will require a better security clearance.

All 35 series MOS's (intelligence) are hot right now, the problem that recruiters have in filling the positions are the jacked up criminal records that recruits have, so most recruits save themselves time by offering "easier to acquire" MOS's.

Good luck, PM me if you need advice or tips. 

Considered MP.

I'm not in the national guard, but I've worked with enough guardsmen to know the system inside and out.

If you want to go active, do it now, not later.  Active duty is not taking hardly any guard or reserve soldiers, and they won't be for a long time to come.

As far as MOS's, in the National Guard you will be limited to what your state has available.  Some states have certain MOS's and equipment that others don't have.
Example: Pennsylvania is the only state that has a Stryker Brigade, so they have certain MOS's to support Stryker's that other states won't have.
Also there are a few MOS's that are almost exclusive to the Army Reserve.

Slots for MP's are a dime a dozen in the Guard and Active component so you should be fine, just keep your criminal record clean because to go further you go in rank, will require a better security clearance.

All 35 series MOS's (intelligence) are hot right now, the problem that recruiters have in filling the positions are the jacked up criminal records that recruits have, so most recruits save themselves time by offering "easier to acquire" MOS's.

Good luck, PM me if you need advice or tips. 

talked to my recruiter today. He told me he's gonna find out if they're having boards this upcoming fiscal year and when. Keeping my fingers crossed. Don't know what I'll do if I have to wait another whole year 
frown.gif
tired.gif

talked to my recruiter today. He told me he's gonna find out if they're having boards this upcoming fiscal year and when. Keeping my fingers crossed. Don't know what I'll do if I have to wait another whole year 
frown.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by taymane23

I need tips on how to score high on the math parts of the ASVAB please any input is appreciated.

take notes & practice on khanacademy

Originally Posted by taymane23

I need tips on how to score high on the math parts of the ASVAB please any input is appreciated.

take notes & practice on khanacademy

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

frown.gif
tired.gif

unofficially one for oct/nov...supposedly for intel. so keep em crossed and keep praying
happy.gif

frown.gif
tired.gif

unofficially one for oct/nov...supposedly for intel. so keep em crossed and keep praying
happy.gif

talked to my recruiter today and he told me that they're not having any boards this FY (ending next week) and that all apps are on hold for the time being but could open up at any time. The wait is getting frustrating but anything worth having it worth waiting for, right? I just hope that I don't end up having to wait 2-3 full years. I was on that navy ocs board that SoleWoman put me on (thanks btw) and this one dude has been waiting since February 09 and isn't going to OCS til January 12! I don't know if I have it in me to wait that long. If the wait truly becomes unbearable I might consider going Army

talked to my recruiter today and he told me that they're not having any boards this FY (ending next week) and that all apps are on hold for the time being but could open up at any time. The wait is getting frustrating but anything worth having it worth waiting for, right? I just hope that I don't end up having to wait 2-3 full years. I was on that navy ocs board that SoleWoman put me on (thanks btw) and this one dude has been waiting since February 09 and isn't going to OCS til January 12! I don't know if I have it in me to wait that long. If the wait truly becomes unbearable I might consider going Army

Have any of you guys gone through OCS? How long did it take you from beginning to end? Any advice for those applying?
I went through Marine OCS. I was in the PLC program which consisted of two 6 week sessions, one the summer after freshman yr and one the summer before graduating. With that said Marine OCS was probably the most demanding thing I had ever done. Six days of PT a week not to mention the testing. Basically they crammed 10 wks into 6.

Whomever decides to go that route just be mentally and physically prepare for it, basically the Marine motto is every Enlisted man is a rifleman and every Officer is a Rifle Platoon Commander.

Me personally I decided to decline my commission and go into the Civilian work force. (I spent 6 years in the SMCR and was able to become a Sgt.)

Have any of you guys gone through OCS? How long did it take you from beginning to end? Any advice for those applying?
I went through Marine OCS. I was in the PLC program which consisted of two 6 week sessions, one the summer after freshman yr and one the summer before graduating. With that said Marine OCS was probably the most demanding thing I had ever done. Six days of PT a week not to mention the testing. Basically they crammed 10 wks into 6.

Whomever decides to go that route just be mentally and physically prepare for it, basically the Marine motto is every Enlisted man is a rifleman and every Officer is a Rifle Platoon Commander.

Me personally I decided to decline my commission and go into the Civilian work force. (I spent 6 years in the SMCR and was able to become a Sgt.)

so the deployments for the army are supposedly dropping from 15 months to 9 months in 2012???

so the deployments for the army are supposedly dropping from 15 months to 9 months in 2012???

i'm about to find out more info on army ocs. according my marine corps recruiter, there's nothing open at all unless you're a female or going in reserves until next october.

OCTOBER. 2012.

i'm already 27 years old. fml.

it gives me a chance to work out and be prepared physically for ocs...but what if, for whatever reason, i'm not selected? thats a years wait for nothing. trying to apply again would only take more time. just something to consider. i want it bad...

this $*$!#%+ economy has everything $!%#+% up. everything.

i'm about to find out more info on army ocs. according my marine corps recruiter, there's nothing open at all unless you're a female or going in reserves until next october.

OCTOBER. 2012.

i'm already 27 years old. fml.

it gives me a chance to work out and be prepared physically for ocs...but what if, for whatever reason, i'm not selected? thats a years wait for nothing. trying to apply again would only take more time. just something to consider. i want it bad...

this $*$!#%+ economy has everything $!%#+% up. everything.

Back
Top Bottom