The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing, Steph doesn't strike any fear against other top guards because he can't play defense:

Real MVPs who win multiple rings are TWO-WAY Players:

Hakeem Olajuwon
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Dwyane Wade
Moses Malone
David Robinson
Isiah Thomas
Joe Dumars

Curry doesn't belong on that list.

Neither does Moses. Only won 1.

Congrats to Cleveland. No fan by any means but Lebron and Kyrie flipped a switch these last 3 games and just ate the Warriors heart out. Steph and Klay melted under the pressure, no other way around it but they'll be back. That regular season was still incredible but the playoffs are when legends get made and they fell off in key moments.

Leading both teams in every stat plus overcoming a 3-1 deficit to the greatest regular season team ever might be the most impressive title run by an individual player I've ever seen. gotta give Lebron his respect and start appreciating this incredible career.

Overall, this is the worst playoffs I've ever seen. I can only count a handful of games that were actually close and entertaining. The match ups just didn't provide what I thought they would on paper. Hope it's much better next season

People saying LBJ should be thanking Kyrie and Kyrie is the real MVP...
roll.gif

Kyrie was PHENOMENAL...really really good. Outplayed Curry, easy.

But, c'mon now. LBJ put the team on his back (doe). He had a game where people look back and think "eh, he played alright in Game 7." He had 27, 11 and 11. What is the standard we are holding this dude to if he leads his team back from a 3-1 deficit against THE WINNINGEST TEAM OF ALL-TIME and we still say "eh, Kyrie is the MVP." 

Game 5: 41, 16, 7, 3, 3

Game 6: 41, 8, 11, 4, 3

Game 7: 27, 11, 11, 3, 2

OH! And he led BOTH teams in points, assists, rebounds, blocks, and steals.  Which has never been done before in ANY playoff series.

I love Kyrie, he was SO good and without him, the Cavs don't win...but, it's not close. LBJ is the MVP. Period.

I feel like I deserve real _ of the night... Celebrated my ship in Cleveland and made it on Time to work in DC this morning and I drove the trip

Quote:

I know when down by 5-7 points down the stretch Lebum is gonna choke

that I can guarantee you

proven
Quote:
Lebum tears gonna flow tonight send him back to high school
But can win though? We all know he can't
The dudes been awfully quiet for 12 hours. Is he okay? Has anybody checked up on him? This is a mans website guys. Nobodys feelings need to get hurt now........

If I'm Klay for 1 thing I get my *** on the court and congratulate, I know it was a heated/contested back and forth, but you have to pay respeck, you just have to, you got on that podium and you ran your mouth, well now you got humbled, pay respeck. 2, I'm squaring off with Curry. No questions about it. They playing for their piece of history and dude throwing behind the back passes and ****, nah, stick to the script.  3, I am cleaning out Barnes locker and removing his name, he hurt the team more than he helped.

Congrats to the Cavs and their fans, as soon as I seen Lebron pin that layup and erase it from the glass I knew he broke their back. Wasn't any coming from that from a moral standpoint. Still think Kyrie was the MVP, but Bron had his finger prints all over that game, but to me Kyrie was the MVP. I don't want to hear about Steph being up there on any Mt. Rushmore of any sort, he failed his team plain and simple. Kyrie was about business and has earned my respect and I will not slander any one member of the Cavs, not even Love because although he didn't light the scoreboard on fire, he played big in other ways. And as a man and father, if you weren't moved by what Earl was saying, then I don't know what to tell you because that is the most heartfelt thing I ever seen at a podium. For a brief moment for those of you with sons, imagine if that was your son up there pouring his heart out about how much of a difference you made in his life.

Congrats to Bron Bron and them boys. I don't know if I will ever fully comprehend that JR Smith has a ring.

LeBron is the greatest player ever next to jordan.

And he did what most of us dream of, winning a championship for our hometown.

And he did it, coming back from 3-1, against a team with the reigning 2x MVP, coach of the year, and arguably greatest regular season team in NBA history.

Respect.

Congrats to Bron Bron and them boys. I don't know if I will ever fully comprehend that JR Smith has a ring.

I can accept that, Iman Shumpert, Channing Frye, and Dahntay Jones have rings though :lol:

Game 7 is what I wanted from the Finals from jump, f that blowout nonsense.

Curry better work on his defense this off season because he displayed to the league that he's food. He also need to take that humble pie, eat it, evaluate it's taste and accept it. All the dumb passes and shots he took hurt the team. Draymond did his thing, Klay was inconsistent for some reason, Matt Barnes>>>>Harrison Barnes.

Last edited:
Agreed. With all of what was on the line in that game, that one was huge.

Hope Lebron doesn't forget that one because this one is so much fresher.

He won't. But this is THE championship for him. All pressure has just been lifted off lebrons shoulders. No more dark cloud. He delivered on a 13 year old promise. This is his defining moment

Great point. This is actually kinda scary--all pressure is off him, so could he now just come out loose as a goose? Those jumpers (his weak point) are so highly affected by pressure and #lemonbooty. This chip could alter his approach to the game and those pressure moments in a huge way.

Refs let them boys play last night at the end.

Just glad about that.

But Klay and Curry maaaaaaaaaaaaan...SMH this Hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom