The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy how some of you actually think a player that barrels to the rim every play = greatest all time (or even top 5)
You are seriously going to sit here and simplify LeBron's game to just that? ^ 
laugh.gif

I'm a Warriors fan... But I always imagine what Lebron's career would have been like, if he played for a more than capable franchise like the Lakers, Spurs, Bulls with coaches like Pop, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley... I mean the closest thing to that is the Heat. But even that team still had Spo as a coach who I thought was horrible in his first year.

I'm a Warriors fan... But I always imagine what Lebron's career would have been like, if he played for a more than capable franchise like the Lakers, Spurs, Bulls with coaches like Pop, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley... I mean the closest thing to that is the Heat. But even that team still had Spo as a coach who I thought was horrible in his first year.
I respect you for trying to make sense of what he has been through (They will call it excuses). You make 100% sense here man.

That main difference of game 1 was the play of the bench, the Cav's bench scored 10 Golden States scored 45, Livingston and Iguodala had great nights. 

Problem is the Cavs barely played their bench. They really just married themselves to their "big 3" last night and just wouldn't go away from it. That's not what solely got you through the playoffs. Gotta try some better schemes and shake things up.

He is slighting curry. It's obvious. All he cares about is being viewed as the best player.

If he loses but keeps it in the medias/publics brain that "I'm better and curry is only here because of his team" lebron will be fore the most part satisfied

Sad man

Dude there is a reason Curry DID NOT win finals MVP last year, You want to know why, BECAUSE HE WEASNT THE REASON THEY WON. It was the team. It seems like in the finals Curry team plays better than he does. I have never seen this happen to Star in the NBA ever.

Last night Livingston is the big reason why they won, it wasnt because of anything Curry did.

So what Lebron is saying is that Currys TEAM is getting it done. You dont think Lebron knows that Curry isn't doing anything?

You're right, and to further prove your point when he left the cavs the first time they had the worst record in the NBA. When he left the heat they had a losing record, even before the injuries. That shows how much he brings to the table. I'll also note that when Jordan left the Bulls the first time his team still made it deep in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I don't think people realize how good Livingston is. He was great with the Nets. Swiss Army knife on defense. Good decision maker on offense. More important, he figured out how to make teams pay for not respecting his 3pt shot with smart cuts and attacking the space given to him. He was one of the top scorers in the post (ppp wise and it was sometbing he did regularly) and he did it just like he did yesterday. Getting to his spots and just rising up over smaller defenders. He's 6'7 and really elevates on his jumpshot so even big guys don't really bother him.

Clevelands in big trouble if they can't get their offense going. The stagnant stuff worked for OKC because they were literally grabbing every rebound. Cleveland doesn't have that kind of presence on the glass. 4 guys watching Lebron or Kyrie isn't going to work. GS rotates back to shooters better than anyone in the league off doubles/help.

Problem is the Cavs barely played their bench. They really just married themselves to their "big 3" last night and just wouldn't go away from it. That's not what solely got you through the playoffs. Gotta try some better schemes and shake things up.
I agree with this as well Cav's will need to have more faith in their bench and scheme around those players as well to play to their strengths and their bench players would obviously have to step up when given more minutes.

This Cavs loss falls on Shumpert and JR Smith.

Shumpert and Smith repeatedly sagged too far off perimeter shooters on a jump shooting team.

Dudes getting back on defense and setting up 2ft inside the 3pt line :smh:

You can throw Love in their too but I don't even know who he was guarding last night.
That is one part of the entire story but to say the loss falls on them; not fair

But they have to do better. You are right

If anything this was more on Kyrie, he didn't move the ball. Deli had some nice assists and alleys.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican whats your take on why Lebron doesnt drive to the lane more? or back down in the paint?

its either a 2, a foul, or 3 point play. almost everytime.

View media item 2054727
That's from last night. Nearly 80% of his attempts came in/around the rim & paint.

Lue should try running more pick & roll with Irving/Delly as the ballhandler & Bron as the roll man. Emphasis on roll, no pick & pops. Run it below the 3 point line so Iggy can't sag & has to step up. Then you throw the pocket pass or if they send help, hit the open man.

Obviously if Barnes is the defender then they can just throw LeBron the ball & skip all that. Barnes struggles mightily in that matchup.
The Delly-Bron pick and roll with Frye-Jefferson-Shump spacing the floor ran other second units off the court so far in the playoffs, but Kerr decided to start Draymond at C to start the 2Q instead of Varejao/Ezeli to scratch that option off Lue's list. Frye ended up only playing like seven minutes because of it.
Yep, great call by Kerr.

I disagree, Kyrie Irvings defense was putrid.  Any time he got switched onto a bigger barnes or was guarding livingston it was an easy layup/open jumper every time.  Shump was actually pretty decent defensively last night.
Kyrie gave you 25pts last night.
Shumpert and Smith gave less than 10.
Kyrie gets a pass on the defensive end.
Shumpert and Smith are the longer bigger perimeter defenders are expected to play a bigger role on the defensive end.

That is one part of the entire story but to say the loss falls on them; not fair

But they have to do better. You are right
Much better.
If you ain't scorin, yo asss better be lockin it down on the other end of the floor

Kyrie gave you 25 but then gave up that same 25 on the other end
laugh.gif
25 is probably an understatment.  Between Barnes on switches and livingston, the dude probably gave up 40.  I don't think people realize how bad he was defensively last night.

I'm not the only one that remembers Barbosa being slow and washed like 5 years ago right? How is he the Brazilian Blur again?

Kyrie gave you 25 but then gave up that same 25 on the other end :lol:

Maybe more than that :lol:

Kyrie is dessert on the defensive end.

So is Lebron's boy Love.

I knew the two together was going to spell disaster against the Dubs man.

Warriors move the ball too well and are as a team way active on offense for Love and Kyrie to be on the court together for any significant time.

Ole having their feet stuck in the mud on defense, and also straight up losing track of ppl moving without the ball....

YiKES.

Last edited:
I'm not the only one that remembers Barbosa being slow and washed like 5 years ago right? How is he the Brazilian Blur again?
One of the biggest reasons the Pacers lost vs the Heat in 2013 (or 2012?). He was super washed up then. :lol:

Maybe more than that
laugh.gif

Kyrie is dessert on the defensive end.

So is Lebron's boy Love.

I knew the two together was going to spell disaster against the Dubs man.

Warriors move the ball too well and are as a team way active on offense for Love and Kyrie to be on the court together for any significant time.
I thought Love played pretty well last night defensively all things considered.  I thought he did a pretty good job when he got switched on Curry and Klay.  There were a couple possessions where he caused Curry to overdribble and eventually turn the ball over.

Agree 100% about Kyrie though.  It was almost like he had never seen someone cut to the basket without the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom