The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
***** Bron will never change.

View media item 2054698
In other words, he needs more help. BUT YET, HE IS THE ONE THAT BUILT THIS TEAM. HE DID NOT SIGN UNTIL THEY GAVE TT 80+ MILLION $ ... Dont cry now!

You clearly didn't watch the press conference. That quote was in response to a reporter asking a really dumb question, he asked why their whole team contributed last night when last year it was just Steph and Klay. Which makes no sense since Iggy won Finals MVP and Draymond was great in the second half of the series after initially being scared to shoot. So LeBron corrected him and said it wasn't just Steph and Klay last year.

A reporter asked Draymond if he was going to tone down his kicks last night and Draymond really held back calling him an idiot

I will say this though, as bad as last game looked and as bad as Steph and Klay played, this series is far from over.  The Cavs missed 28 shots last night in the paint.  Most of those were contested, but I expect games 2 through whatever to be much, much closer.

You clearly didn't watch the press conference. That quote was in response to a reporter asking a really dumb question, he asked why their whole team contributed last night when last year it was just Steph and Klay. Which makes no sense since Iggy won Finals MVP and Draymond was great in the second half of the series after initially being scared to shoot. So LeBron corrected him and said it wasn't just Steph and Klay last year.
of course it wasn't and if it was, he would admit it. LeBron obviously hates and is jealous of Curry. It seems that Curry or the GSW is the only person and team that don't give two flying ***** about LeBron. Not like Dwade Melo CP3 Durant etc ....

These prisoner of the moment hot takes are comical :lol:

Like I mentioned yesterday, the loss falls on Tyron Lue. He had no idea what type of adjustments to throw in there mid game and kept believing JR would shoot his way out of his hangover. That boy didn't wanna play, he wanted a Tylenol. Left him in there 10 minutes too long and hindered the Cavs. Cavs defense on everyone except for Steph and Klay were very bad but the media will lead you to believe that Steph and Klay had an "off night". Cavs psyched themselves out mentally because they were so ready for a barrage of 3's the bench was able to come in and dominate. The KEY for the Cavs to win is protect the rim at all costs on defense. If the Warriors beat you from 3, well you tip your hat to the greatest 3 point shooting team ever but you can't have Tristan Thompson being pulled from the paint to guard Steph. On offense, you play point through Lebron. He attracts all the attention on the Warriors. I kid you not the Cavs can score any and every basket of Lebron drives to the hole and just dishes to Tristan Thompson or Love in the post. EVERY SINGLE BASKET. Now you got shooters on the wing that you can kick to. And Kyrie can create his own shot so you don't have to worry about getting him going. Cavs had twice as many TO's as Warriors and lost by 15. Even as bad as that defense played in the first half. Cavs dont even realize they displayed some big weaknesses in GS's defense.

Cavs in 6

Last edited:
thought love had a decent gm and was good for stretches. had trouble finishing at times.
w's offense got what they want. they were fortunate steph and klay just missed. i didnt think they were taking tough shots like they did most of okc series.

cavs need to tighten up on defense and make it an ugly, grind it out type gm and not try and run with the w's

I will say this though, as bad as last game looked and as bad as Steph and Klay played, this series is far from over.  The Cavs missed 28 shots last night in the paint.  Most of those were contested, but I expect games 2 through whatever to be much, much closer.
this about the only thing that I can agree .. I think this series is not going to be as easy, although I want it to be ....

From what I've seen that's what Livingston does. He's nice at hitting that midranger with a hand in his face. If the series ended today he'd be finals MVP.

It did seem like the dubs were getting away with a lot of contact at the rim tho. I was shocked to see the refs let them play so physical. Even more shocked that lebby wasn't crying too much about it.

I watched the 1st quarter and fell asleep.
Zero though? That's 80-90's era ball.
**** that

Same. Was nodding off in the 1st and straight up went to go lay in the bed before the 2nd was over. You could see the blowout coming a mile away, even when the calfs took the lead for a quick jiffy.

When I was listening to lebron's pregame speech I knew it was a wrap. Bruh talking bout some 'enjoy the moment ' bs. Dude knows this team doesn't have a chance.

:rofl: I said the exact same thing hahahahaha. I'm like 'enjoy the moment'??? what cuh? insert nick young jpeg And he didnt say a single 'dawg'. Brutus not ready. He doesnt believe.

yall really expect kyrie to play well in oakland? son probably thinking too much about kehlani than playing team ball and d lol

These prisoner of the moment hot takes are comical :lol:

Like I mentioned yesterday, the loss falls on Tyron Lue. He had no idea what type of adjustments to throw in there mid game and kept believing JR would shoot his way out of his hangover. That boy didn't wanna play, he wanted a Tylenol. Left him in there 10 minutes too long and hindered the Cavs. Cavs defense on everyone except for Steph and Klay were very bad but the media will lead you to believe that Steph and Klay had an "off night". Cavs psyched themselves out mentally because they were so ready for a barrage of 3's the bench was able to come in and dominate. The KEY for the Cavs to win is protect the rim at all costs on defense. If the Warriors beat you from 3, well you tip your hat to the greatest 3 point shooting team ever but you can't have Tristan Thompson being pulled from the paint. On offense, you play point through Lebron. He attracts all the attention on the Warriors. I kid you not the Cavs can score any and every basket of Lebron drives to the hole and just dishes to Tristan Thompson. EVERY SINGLE BASKET. Now you got shooters on the wing that you can kick too Lebron. And Kyrie can create his own shot so you don't have to worry about getting him going. Cavs had twice as many TO's as Warriors and lost by 15. Even as bad as that defense played in the first half. Cavs dont even realize they displayed some big weaknesses in GS's defense but the media won't allow the general public to think that.

Cavs in 6
protect the rim at all cost and if the greatest 3 point shooting team of all time beat you from 3 so beat it.

HuH .. make sense ...

A reporter asked Draymond if he was going to tone down his kicks last night and Draymond really held back calling him an idiot

Seriously though. Every time Draymond gets hit, his legs fly all the way up. He's gonna decapitate someone one day. NBA needs to do something about it even if he's not doing it on purpose. Reminds me of Kobe slapping the hell out of people while trying to draw fouls on jumpshots.

The way GS play it's like they share a single consciousness. Cavs lose track of their man for even a second and it's a cut and great assist like that. *snaps fingers

Cavs just got to go back to ball 101 first of all and learn to keep an eye on the ball and their man quickly or they are cooked on that alone.

GS offensive scheme is crazy that it can create a lot of confusion yes, but I saw a lot that a lot of times they'll score by simply cutting when their defender's head is turned.

Last edited:
Livingston - lottery pick and people compared him to magic johnson pre-injury
Barbosa - Super Sub in PHX days
Iggy - All Star level talent
Barnes - Potentially get max money
Verajao - Starter level talent if he can play more than 20 games a year

Speights
Ezeli
Brandon Rush

Warriors subs can have an 8 man rotation that can compete for a playoff spot in both conferences :x

Last edited:

Kyrie Irvings +/- last night was -10
Would you happen to know what Lebron's was?
Hmmmm.

Thanks for posting that.
Lebron was -10 not -9 below is his and the whole teams who played the most significant minutes

Yes I do know and the entire Cavs line up as their whole +/- was bad last night, it speaks to how good GS was on defense.

From the guys that played the most minutes 

most concerned with lebrons inability to take over the game. couldn't stop the onslaught from livingston and barbosa. this might be the worst finals in a while.

Hmmmm.

Thanks for posting that.

Lebron was -10 not -9 below is his and the whole teams who played the most significant minutes

Yes I do know and the entire Cavs line up as their whole +/- was bad last night, it speaks to how good GS was on defense.

From the guys that played the most minutes 
James: -10
Love: -9
TT: -5
Earl: -14
Irving: -10
Frye: +4
Shumpert: -15
Jefferson: -10
Dellavedova: -19

nba.com has lebron at -10 but yahoo sports has him at -9.

weird

Yeah that is weird. Either way the Warriors played great defense last night and that stat shows just how much it affected the whole team.

protect the rim at all cost and if the greatest 3 point shooting team of all time beat you from 3 so beat it.

HuH .. make sense ...

Were the dubs 2 top 3 pointers shooters shooting bad last night or was Cleveland's D on those 2 that good? :nerd:

Last edited:
I don't think you game plan for role players, their defensive approach has to change from an execution prospective, but you have to stop the head of the hydra or at least contain it in (Steph, Klay, and Dray) and hope the role players regress a bit. Easier to do that at home than on the road though obviously.

Cleveland is going to have to decide if their offense is going to be their best defense or are they actually going to commit to slowing the game and pace down, because they can't do both.

I don't think Cavs have any option other than to play at a slower pace and with half court sets. Even on defensive rebounds, when the cavs got out on the break the warriors' length and speed was able to eliminate that threat.

Even with a Finals' MVP award from last year, Iggy might be one of the most under appreciated players. That man does everything on the court.

Yeah that is weird. Either way the Warriors played great defense last night and that stat shows just how much it affected the whole team.

If Curry/Thompson don't go nuclear which is unlikely, Iggy could scoop another Finals MVP.

Were their top 3 pointers shooting well last night or was Cleveland's D on those 2 that good?
nerd.gif
They gave Curry and Klay a lot of attention which is what created a lot of open looks on cuts and backdoors.  Seemed like the game plan was to trying and lock down curry and Klay and make the rest of the team beat you which they did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom