The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
who is in everyone's top 5?
"It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, 2Pac and Biggie,

Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me."

happy.gif

Maybe more than that :lol:

Kyrie is dessert on the defensive end.

So is Lebron's boy Love.

I knew the two together was going to spell disaster against the Dubs man.

Warriors move the ball too well and are as a team way active on offense for Love and Kyrie to be on the court together for any significant time.

I thought Love played pretty well last night defensively all things considered.  I thought he did a pretty good job when he got switched on Curry and Klay.  There were a couple possessions where he caused Curry to overdribble and eventually turn the ball over.

Agree 100% about Kyrie though.  It was almost like he had never seen someone cut to the basket without the ball.

Na. Love might've had a few good moments on Curry but as a whole he was food.

2-7 is a horrible stat?

Man you guys are insane. Like for real.

97% of the NBA will never sniff a Finals.
That's all I have to say about that.

97% of the NBA isn't being named top 3 ever by espn. 97% of the NBA isn't called King..or the Chosen 1. 97% of the league aren't in 'Goat' talks. 2 of 7 blows when you consider everything else. 2 rings is awesome. Fantastic. But when you place it in context with all of the other narrative for LBJ, it's hella meh for the way he is gassed.

6 straight finals is cool for the athleticism and energy exertion..but if you're pile-driving your conference and then getting smashed in the finals, who gives a ****? Honestly. It makes it a whole lot less impressive in my opinion. Like, the road to the finals for you was paved with weak comp. So yeah, it was hard to get there because it was physically strenuous, bravo, but I'm not buying into the fact that you're really just that damn good if you stay losing when it really matters.

i think people underestimated how well dion waiters guarded livingston last series lol. when shaun was lightweight struggling on offense, all i heard was livingston aint playing against terry anymore.

Yeah, SO MUCH from last night is going to change if this is going to be a battle. And if these things don't change, this will be a battle in no sense of the word.

- Love is good for boards, and nothing else. Ibaka was ENTIRELY better at figuring the spacing out last series.

- Kyrie was OL! on defense, just lettin dudes right on by

- soooo many times I watched Bron in the post with 3 (and sometimes FOUR) Warriors around him, and he would either try to bully ball his way to a bucket (probably hoping to get to the line), or just turn the ball over

- CLE's bench is apparently still in Toronto

- I got NO sense of hustle watching the Cavs. JR Swish scuffed his hand diving for that ball early, but that's the only time I can think of. 50/50 balls were all GSW's

You are seriously going to sit here and simplify LeBron's game to just that? ^ 
laugh.gif
He does more than that. But his scoring game is pitiful. Don't care if he's always hitting his 25 point average. He's great at getting to the rim, surely one of the best to ever do that, but that's about it. Son needs to take over more, but maybe he just can't. 

If lebron would take over more or at least try to I'd give him more credit. Instead he's just determined to hit his averages that he always hits and blame the rest of his team (or concede that the other team is too talented) if they can't do the rest

2-7 is a horrible stat?

Man you guys are insane. Like for real.

97% of the NBA will never sniff a Finals.
That's all I have to say about that.

97% of the NBA isn't being named top 3 ever by espn. 97% of the NBA isn't called King..or the Chosen 1. 97% of the league aren't in 'Goat' talks. 2 of 7 blows when you consider everything else. 2 rings is awesome. Fantastic. But when you place it in context with all of the other narrative for LBJ, it's hella meh for the way he is gassed.

6 straight finals is cool for the athleticism and energy exertion..but if you're pile-driving your conference and then getting smashed in the finals, who gives a ****? Honestly. It makes it a whole lot less impressive in my opinion. Like, the road to the finals for you was paved with weak comp. So yeah, it was hard to get there because it was physically strenuous, bravo, but I'm not buying into the fact that you're really just that damn good if you stay losing when it really matters.
97 percent of the NBA also don't collude to make super teams either. Twice.

Its just his fault that in making a Cavs super team he had to pick Kyrie and Love :lol: He made his bed. Now he got to lay in it.

That Heat squad was great cuz they could play offense and defense.

So yea 2-6 or 2-7 or whatever it is, is a terrible stat

And what's sad is that when he loses this finals, eventually he's going to jump ship again and make another super team to keep his finals streak going.

Last edited:
But what Lebron said was true tho.

Blame SI and the media for that...
What he saying is true... You're wrong. Lebron resigned months before TT resigned with the Cavs.

what the hell did he say that wasnt true? You'll find anything to hate on.

I mean i'll let ****** rock with certain Lebron hate but nothing he said there was deserving of hate. Dudes just got this weird *** hate in their heart for lebron even when he says something thats right.
what he said there is what he has said every year he has lost the finals. He just got himself and every other team either has a free ride or have a deeper team.

Ya want to defend, but is the same tired excused. Last year, he himself said he was the best player in the world and if he had his core healthy it would be a different story. Now upon feeling the beat down he has begun to plant the seed.

Ya some clowns ... now GSW are suppose to win when most where saying it was Clever years. LoL

The hate here is real ... during mid season LeBron went out of his way to ask a reporter why they didn't asked him about Curry that he had an answered for that an nothing yet.

***** better stop complaining and take over games ... 3rd QTR melt down was primarily his fault. He didn't attack or assert himself ... bunch of mid range and 3s that where missing.

Continue defending this dude .... I learned years ago this dude was a fraud.

Locked Curry and Klay up, but forgot to play defense on the bench...smh
make some adjustments and it will be a whole different game sunday.

Seems like they need to make just a small adjustment... See if Livi/Iggy/Barnes/Barboas can duplicate that performance. But they have to play way better on offense. 89pts is not going to cut it.

But what happens when the defense has to spread to all 5 players as opposed to just the splash bros? Then they are gonna get theirs.

Shaun is gonna get his usually 6-12 points, and Klay gonna go put up his usual 25+.

Draymond had a Draymond game, thats about as much points as he usually puts out.

Barnes had a decent game.

Curry will throw up 25+ again.

At one point in the 4th it was the BENCH vs the starters. If Steph or Klay get hot its a wrap.

GS bench outscored the Cavs bench 45-10 and it didn't help that the Cavs were playing horrible defense and couldn't cope with GS's switches and screens. Not to mention their offense was stagnant last night and Bron looked tentative for certain stretches with Iggy guardin him. Livingston had the game of his life last night and there isn't a defender on the Cavs save Bron who can bother his shot.

I also noticed that in the beginning of games Kerr has Barnes isolated while defending Bron but as the game goes on he puts Iggy on em and plays more help defense around him. When Iggy stripped Bron twice, Iggy had Dray and Livingston there to help collapse the paint and close down the driving lane. On one particular driving play, Bron got past Iggy but ran into Dray, Shaun, and Clay and got stripped. I thought Kerr was smart for that because he'll let Bron get going but no one else will.

Even though the bench won't play like this next game save Livingston and Iggy, Steph and Klay won't play like this either. So it's pick your poison with this squad. Bron is gonna need to score at least 35-40 to keep these guys in it.

Last edited:
Was anyone else amazed with how decent Richard Jefferson had looked all playoffs vs. how washed he looked last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom