The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is categorically false.

Literally none of these suggestions are good.

Misses some wide open 3's...so he should stop shooting it and make it easier on the opposing defense by removing himself as a threat?

Misses some wide open 3's...so he should take a step in for a presumably better contested long 2?

Misses some wide open 3's...so he should sit there & wait for a defender to close out? And THEN pump fake, get the defender to bite, then waltz to the hoop for an "easy blow by". While the rest of the Cavs are apparently on the other side of the court or something, I'm not sure.

This might blow your mind, but...If Harrison Barnes is wide open, at the 3 point line, and has the ball...

...he should take that shot. It's not complicated.
wrong. if ur like 0 for 10 from 3....stop shooting 3s. you dont remove yourself as a threat because they still have to respect your shot. just mix up your game a bit. if curry is bricking 3s and starts driving, u think theyll say "ok hes done shooting 3s now so we can leave him open out there"?

yes, take a step in if your 3 is not falling. his 3s were wide open, a step in wont suddenly be contested. how do u even presume that happening? that was stupid.

if the defender is closing out to you, every hooper knows a pump fake will kill them. theyve committed to defending your shot and thats why theyre closing out. nobody cares about the rest of the cavs get the blowby and floater or scramble their defense and force switches by you losing your man and crashing the paint.

if harrison barnes is wide open at the 3 he should take the shot. definitely.... unless this scenario has happened 10 times in the same game and hes hit maybe 1 of em. then... take the shot that IS falling. common sense. definition of insanity. basketball iq. call it whatever u want.
Ok.

I'm clearly talking about the excuse that GS lost last game b/c Draymond was out. But carry on.......

But losing Draymond is a big deal for the Warriors. He's the only player to have played in all 88 wins for the Warriors. Basically, when he plays they win :lol:
These are the same ppl who said that it didn't matter that LBJ lost Kyrie & Love last year. Can't have it both ways. Neither team has an excuse. Although I do understand Draymond's impact to the team. They have the first ever unanimous MVP still on the floor though.
You know why not having love and Irving wouldn't make a difference? Because the Cavs have the self proclaimed King on their side, and because the loss of Kyries and Loves offense was offset by better defensive players.

What Pt. 2

Y'all got it man. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow. I'm sticking to my opinion & im gonna say Cavs win the next game.

What do you need from Love

"Just need him to be aggressive. From the defensive side of the floor and the offensive side of the floor. Impact the game, even if he isn't scoring. No matter at times if he feels he isn't getting touches. We definitely need him, he's too big a piece to our puzzle" -Lebby

Last edited:
It clearly doesn't matter that they didn't have Love last yr :lol: And Kyrie is showing now that it's possible his presence would've made the series different. But this is from an offensive view. Defense wins games and missing you best defensive player has a bigger impact imo.

DING DING DING

Tell em' what he's won, Johnny!

They should've given Draymond that MVP then. Since defense wins games apparently.

they gave it to iggy..because defense wins games.

having kyrie and love wouldnt have made a difference last year. and technically wouldn't have made a difference this year either because with draymond in the lineup it is fair to say that the warriors would've won game 5 at home. Their presence is solely offensively. They still give up wide open looks and easy buckets. So the result would've been the same. Kyrie would've balled, but bron wouldn't have had nearly as good of a game.

in fact the result would've been worse because at least last year they squeezed out 2 wins. It would've been 4-1 if some ****-ery didn't take place.

Last edited:
I really have to take ppl's opinion w/ a grain of salt. Dudes really hate LBJ so they'll say anything to discredit. I don't dislike anyone from either team, so I'm just speaking from a neutral standpoint.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/ESPN-adds-Craig-Sager-to-NBA-Finals-coverage-for-8195893.php

TNT sideline reporter Craig Sager will work his first NBA Finals when he joins ESPN’s broadcast team during Game 6 between the Warriors and Cavaliers on Thursday night, ESPN announced.
Media: Sports Illustrated

CLEVELAND (AP) — Craig Sager is going to work his first NBA Finals game.

The longtime sideline reporter — known in large part for his colorful attire — has been added to ESPN's broadcast team for Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers.

Sager, who has worked for Turner Sports for 34 years, will share sideline reporting duties with Doris Burke on the ABC broadcast.
Autoplay: On | Off

"Welcome to our team," Burke said in a video message to Sager released by ESPN on Wednesday. "It's our honor."

Sager was diagnosed with leukemia in 2014 and will be honored at the ESPYs next month with the Jimmy V Perseverance Award, named for Jim Valvano. He announced earlier this year that the disease has returned.

"I'd like to thank Turner and ESPN for approaching me with this tremendous opportunity to be part of The Finals broadcast team," Sager said in a statement. "I've been watching the series very closely and, while I do not want to distract in any way from the event itself, I look forward to being in the building for what will be an incredibly exciting Game 6. The NBA community is a very special one and this is a great honor."

In this March 5, 2015, file photo, Craig Sager acknowledges the crowd during a timeout in a game between the Chicago Bulls and the Oklahoma City Thunder in Chicago. Sager is going to work his first NBA Finals game. The longtime sideline reporter has been added to ESPN's broadcast team for Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night, June 16, 2016, between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. Photo: David Banks, AP / FR165605 AP

Photo: David Banks, AP
Image 1 of 4
In this March 5, 2015, file photo, Craig Sager acknowledges the crowd during a timeout in a game between the Chicago Bulls and the Oklahoma City Thunder in Chicago. Sager is going to work his first NBA Finals ... more

Sager, 64, is wildly popular with many NBA players. Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat designed a tie for his Tie Bar line in Sager's honor earlier in these playoffs, and Turner personalities such as Ernie Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith all wore it on the same night during the Western Conference finals.

John Wildhack, ESPN's executive vice president for production and programming, said Sager is "an iconic member of the NBA family."

"We hope that this will be a special night for Craig and for NBA fans," Wildhack said.

cool to see sager doing the finals :smokin

Last edited:
warriors have only lost back to back games once this year. vs the thunder in the conference finals

if im a betting man....

who wants to do a sig bet? loser has to keep the sig on until opening night of next season

I really have to take ppl's opinion w/ a grain of salt. Dudes really hate LBJ so they'll say anything to discredit. I don't dislike anyone from either team, so I'm just speaking from a neutral standpoint.
I don't think anyone in here is saying anything that is hating.  People are just pointing out that it took a historic game from 2 players without the opposing teams best defensive player to even extend the series.  That isn't hating, that is just facts.

I don't think anyone in here is saying anything that is hating.  People are just pointing out that it took a historic game from 2 players without the opposing teams best defensive player to even extend the series.  That isn't hating, that is just facts.

What about game three though?

The Best Ever. And Lebron.

10302035_10154264569125080_7775594476729563716_n.jpg

They should've given Draymond that MVP then. Since defense wins games apparently.

They did give it to someone who played defense. His name is Andre Iguadola :lol:

No, you're not. You actually sound like you're favoring the Cavs.

Tons of people made excuses for LeBron last year for not having Love and Kyrie. The same way people are making excuses for not having Green Game 5 which could've potentially swung the series to Clev favor.

We know how much more Green means to the Warriors than Love and Kyrie to the Cavs. It's one thing to want to be neutral, but it's another thing to be illogical. Which you're really being.

They're letting Sagar work an NBA Finals game because he's dying? :frown:

I agree Draymond out won game 5 because it was in Oracle but Cavs beat them game 3 convincingly and were there the whole time game 4 until the very end so I wouldn't say it's a forgone conclusion that getting Draymond back automatically gives Warriors the victory. Keeping Love on a short leash and putting in Richard Jefferson will be key and Bron has to be in the same mindset as game 5. Doing that they have just as much chance of winning next game as the Warriors. At this point in the series it's 50/50.

Can't believe July 4th is almost here again.

Might skip fireworks this year and just watch game 6 of the NBA finals instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom