The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
its a wash between lebron and harden. i dont care to watch either play. i think harden is easily the most overrated dude in the L tho. empty stats at its finest. 

Harden doesn't even play to score, he drives just to throw his head back and draw fouls :smh:

Harden doesn't even play to score, he drives just to throw his head back and draw fouls
mean.gif
That extend your arms 5 feet in front of me in hopes that someone will slap my arm thing drives me nuts.  

its a wash between lebron and harden. i dont care to watch either play. i think harden is easily the most overrated dude in the L tho. empty stats at its finest. 
Harden doesn't even play to score, he drives just to throw his head back and draw fouls
mean.gif
And Harden only has two moves. Dribble down the clock, drive left and step back jumper or Euro step layup. Guard his left and you take away damn near all his game.

As I asked before, why do you allow a man that doesn't even know you exist to create such harsh feelings? No sass, serious question.

You can't STAND a CHARACTER? Because that is all these celebrities are. They are television characters.

Why bother emotionally investing that much where you, "Can't Stand" the dude?

I don't get it
its like wrestling dude . thats how i see it .
. its not that serious. outside of the court i dont give a damn and wish ill will on no man. 

THis
it's all sports and entertainment.
these guys are here to get paid and entertain. if the fans are emotionally invested, that's a plus. root against the bad guys/heels but to "hate" someone ya dont even know personally. :lol:

Last edited:
Eh, I've seen too many times that this isn't always the case. Otherwise role players wouldn't win finals mvp's

The Bruce Bowen/iggy type players matter so much
Dudes watch games as fans. Like I always say, ask any COACH if one player won the team a game. One player isn't winning a game at this point man. Not in a championship series. You aren't beating a World Championship Team with "one man winning the game." But I think it boils down to what people believing ONE MAN WINNING IT ALL actually man

mean.gif
So you are going to sit here and simplify his game to just that?

Comments like this is why people can't have serious conversations about sports.

People are too irrational and emotional

So you are going to sit here and simplify his game to just that?

Comments like this is why people can't have serious conversations about sports.

People are too irrational and emotional
In all fairness to the guy, he plays terrible defense and a much of his game is predicated on getting to the free throw line. The guy is amazing at drawing fouls though.  Maybe one of the best I have ever seen.

This. It's as egregious as varejao's flopping
Varejao's flopping always cracks me up, because you know the dude is doing it but he still gets the call anyways. Like the last game where he acted like he got shot in the ear after getting fouled on the drive.  The dude was on the floor for a legit 5 minutes before he got up trying to draw in a flagrant.  I was just laughing the whole time because you knew the guy was fine.

Nah, I am talking about Harden's offensive game. There is no way you can simplify his game to some damn 
mean.gif

Obviously the guy does more, but a third of his points per game comes from the free throw line......
You understand he has to GET to the point where he is able to draw a foul right?

All I am saying is stop discrediting him as if drawing fouls isn't a skill that he has perfected and mastered. He isn't paying refs to make calls. He is getting by folks and using great body control to MAKE the refs call fouls. I just don't like when yall belittle people's skills as if what they do is simple and easy.

You understand he has to GET to the point where he is able to draw a foul right?

All I am saying is stop discrediting him as if drawing fouls isn't a skill that he has perfected and mastered. He isn't paying refs to make calls. He is getting by folks and using great body control to MAKE the refs call fouls. I just don't like when yall belittle people's skills as if what they do is simple and easy.
if it was easy everyone would do it . obviously its a skill but like i said i dont find his game enjoyable at all. just a personal preference. 

I'm not disagreeing with you chief.

In all fairness to the guy, he plays terrible defense and a much of his game is predicated on getting to the free throw line. The guy is amazing at drawing fouls though.  Maybe one of the best I have ever seen.
It's a great skill without a doubt, but part of watching him play makes me feel cheated.

if it was easy everyone would do it . obviously its a skill but like i said i dont find his game enjoyable at all. just a personal preference. 
Enjoyable to watch, Fine. That isn't what I am discussing though. I am discussing folks trying to say, "All he does is put his arms up and try to get fouls. he doesn't even try to score." That is pure bull****

Nah, I am talking about Harden's offensive game. There is no way you can simplify his game to some damn 

Harden doesn't even play to score, he drives just to throw his head back and draw fouls :smh:

Harden's crossover stepback midrange is second to none but as a fan of hoops, i have no desire to watch the Rockets even when theyre the only game on. When you average as many fts as harden, you're bound to have an inflated scoring average. The fact that refs are very liberal with their whistles around harden, i imagine that guarding him is damn near impossible. Don't get me wrong, there is certainly a skill involved in knowing how to draw fouls but i can't stand how harden whips his head back like he was involved in a ******* car crash

I don't get it, people respect harden for getting to the line because it's a "skill" but then so many folx don't respect Steph because he's apparently turned the league into a "glorified 3point contest"... I AM CONFUSE

Last edited:

I'm not giving props to something wack that's bad for basketball. Bad calls happen but constantly going to the Line when you noteven getting touched isn't something I enjoy watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom