The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are scrambled so none of this blends together.

I can't believe how well Kevin Love played. He played with force around the rim that he hadn't all post-season and absolutely stuck Curry on the biggest possession of the game. He made him give it up to get it back. I'm still amazed by that.

Kyrie significantly outplayed Steph this series. He was not nearly the detriment on D people thought he would be and fave LeBron the secondary scorer he had not had since Wade circa 2011 and 2012.

LeBron did what he does. I did not think he was particularly great last night but he emptied the tank this series and putting him on Draymond made a big difference. Draymond made his 3's last night but you concede that.

I am happy that a team that can't post up anyone besides the occasional Livingston or Klay mouse in the house failed. They have little options when the 3 ball is not there. And as good as Draymond is - he only either straight line drives or shoots uncontested above the break 3's. He's great at his job but it is a very specific one.

If you can survive the onslaughts that will happen - I do wonder if all that split action just becomes easier to deal with over time - Cavs miscommunication decreased greatly as the series went on.

Curry was the target on defense all series. And he couldn't hold up. I was thrilled that the Cavs finally stopped just dumping it into LeBron in the post bs Iggy - playing the way they did last year was only going to be good enough to lose close. They needed to play with more pace and they did so.

I said throughout his career that coaching, roster and all the parts matter. It is amazing to me that a 2 minute stretch is going to define a career but those are the rules you all made - so so be it. He is one of the 5 best of all time and you really can't say a thing anymore.

Last night was the pinnacle of his career and the block, the play of his career.

I can't believe it actually happened.

Last edited:
I hate how Lebron is slander proof for the rest of his career now.

GS made this happen.

Makes my stomach all twisty and burn inside.

I'm going to need the Thiberwolves to be amazing and for maybe them to sign Durant as a free agent.

Last edited:
Yea but the game and series could have easily still could've been lost after the shot.

They had to play OT and a whole other entire game.

Kyrie's shot won the NBA championship, in Game 7, on the road, against the best regular season team in history, over the defending 2 time MVP, in the same arena that he shattered his kneecap exactly a year ago.
everyone keeps saying "over the 2 time mvp" as some sort of qualifier. like curry is known for his ability to defend a shot or that shooting over someone who won the mvp is more impressive lol. stop heaping on espn credentials/stats.

I can't believe Warriors fans thought Bogut missing the rest of the series wasn't a big deal. That was huge for them on defense. Don't even want to hear about Green's suspension, he was there for game 6 and showed out in game 7.

So who is not taking pay cut next year

Deli getting cut
Sideshow getting cut
Mo williams????

Shumpert prolly gets traded

Jr will get kept

Last edited:
I know Steph wasn't great on defense, but he was getting switched onto LeBron freaking James and had to go one on one vs Kyrie.

That's a recipe for disaster for everyone in the league not named Kawhi or Iguodala.
Part of a being a great coach is putting your guys in a position to succeed on both ends.

Kerr did a tremendous job building the offense around Curry. Inherited revolutionary talent & crafted a revolutionary offense.

But Jesus Christ he failed Curry defensively in this series :lol:

Dude was consistently getting caught in awful defensive situations every game..... Off of basic *** action from Cleveland at that.

No excuse for that.

I can't believe Warriors fans thought Bogut missing the rest of the series wasn't a big deal. That was huge for them on defense. Don't even want to hear about Green's suspension, he was there for game 6 and showed out in game 7.

So many of those dudes were talking reckless trying to downplay Boguts impact talking about it wouldn't slow them down one bit :lol:. Life comes at you fast :pimp:

Draymond LOL. Showed out in game 7 with nothing to show. I don't buy it. He put his team in a bad position from the jump. 

Yea but the game and series could have easily still could've been lost after the shot.

They had to play OT and a whole other entire game.

Kyrie's shot won the NBA championship, in Game 7, on the road, against the best regular season team in history, over the defending 2 time MVP, in the same arena that he shattered his kneecap exactly a year ago.

everyone keeps saying "over the 2 time mvp" as some sort of qualifier. like curry is known for his ability to defend a shot or that shooting over someone who won the mvp is more impressive lol. stop heaping on espn credentials/stats.

Real talk :lol:

GS made this happen.

I'm going to need the Thiberwolves to be amazing and for maybe them to sign Durant as a free agent.
I mean, what else is left to slander him about? I mean really, he is slander proof as far as I can see.

So what does Cleveland and GS do to make improvements in the off season?\

Cleveland needs a better bench obviously. Get rid of Love and Shumpert, a solid backup for Kyrie that can score and play d.

GS needs bodys in the paint to scrap for rebounds. they also need to learn how to play above the rim and drive and finish.

Yea I would still move on from Love if I'm Cleveland, he's on a pre TV max, still in prime age and people will forget how much of a non factor he was until Game 7 because of the win.

That only works if Lebron shifts to being a 4 all the time though.

GSW needs to try to do whatever they can to sign Whiteside, they will be NBA champions again if they can do that.

If they can't get him, they still should try to pick up Biyombo or even Noah.

Also think that they should go after Batum after letting Barnes walk.

GS made this happen.

man, what did he do to you or someone you know? You're like a scorn ex

Last edited:

I mean, what else is left to slander him about? I mean really, he is slander proof as far as I can see.
cant slander his career anymore... only his play. hes not slander proof. soon as he goes back to flopping, the slander will return. HOWEVER, if he continues playing like he did in game 7 and game 6 (not with 41 points of course thats unrealistic) ... slander proof.

Wonder how bad Iggy's back was. He still did great on defense, but he even more timid on offense than normal.

I never realized how much of a liability Curry is on defense. No wonder Lillard scored 50 against them.

GS made this happen.

man, what did he do to you or someone you know? You're like a scorn ex

You gotta be a regular in here to understand the hatred.

As a Bulls fan, I completely understand how he feels :lol:

Yea except that ****** in this exact thread were touting Curry's "defense".

And yes under these circumstances, hitting the shot over him especially makes it an even better moment, take them MIA blinders off.

The amount of scorned emotions in the Cavs haters thread are delicious :rofl: :rofl:

Dudes acting like someone died :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom