The Official NBA Season Thread: France and USA Advance to the Gold Medal Game

Holiday and White combined for 27 mins and basically did nothing.

Can’t Man was an absolute train wreck in his 13 minutes.

Bam did nothing in his 9.

It’s not rocket science to see how a guy that can defend everyone/rebound/get into the paint should at least get a shot. Especially when the team is struggling as hard as they were.
I agree ngl. Tatum probably could have gotten plenty of minutes even with his broke jumper

But my money is on

8zp885.jpg

I don’t disagree that Tatum could’ve made an impact over jrue and white. Jrue and white have been hooping all tourney tho so I’m sure Kerr wanted to give them a chance.Even ant got benched cuz he was playing like ***.

Ultimately the best lineup against Serbia was a big + bron + Kd + curry. That leaves room for 1 more player and it has to be a guard to protect curry on defense. That means Booker was the best fit because jrue, white and ant didn’t have it today.

AD had early foul trouble and Bamonte was quiet.

DWhite was bad and JRue did have a corner 3 but he was quiet too.

Kerr probably had his mind made/rotations set coming in, but he could've cut into the guard or the big minutes with Tatum. Not a rim protector, but he's still switchable and his rebounding could have certainly helped. He can guard all their wings/bigs outside of Jokic.

Would've been weird at the time, but he could've certainly played those end of third minutes without Bron/Steph flanked with KD in hopes he could've got something going. Haliburton I understand, but not playing Tatum like he's not 6'8" 230+ is kinda weird.

Even when Jrue & White are playing well, Curry usually isn’t :lol: All 3 of those guys haven’t been great in the same game. Theres room for Tatum. Kerr is just disregarding him.

Holiday and White combined for 27 mins and basically did nothing.

Can’t Man was an absolute train wreck in his 13 minutes.

Bam did nothing in his 9.

It’s not rocket science to see how a guy that can defend everyone/rebound/get into the paint should at least get a shot. Especially when the team is struggling as hard as they were in facets he excels at.

Not even saying he should be playing major minutes. It was malpractice today though. Kerr got bailed out.
Those guys got the benefit of the doubt and should though. He’s struggled in a lesser role. And really if Kerr doesn’t forget that KD is alive in the first half, you don’t get as many bad ant minutes.

Even when Jrue & White are playing well, Curry usually isn’t :lol: All 3 of those guys haven’t been great in the same game. Theres room for Tatum. Kerr is just disregarding him.
This is what it is for whatever reason. Doesn’t make sense, but that’s where we are at.

The idea that Tatum can’t cut into guard minutes is nuts. Especially when DWhite isn’t shooting well.

At this point, I hope the bench Tatum for the gold medal game.

It is blowout, he still doesn't get put in, but Hali does.

Then Grant Hill walks up to him during a timeout in the fourth, and tells him "Kobe gave me this letter for you before he died, in the event you were ever back on the Olympic team"....

Jrue had 7 assists in 20 minutes. White played 7 minutes total. Ant played 13 but he basically was a dnpcd the second half. Where are these guard minutes?
By the end of the first quarter Steph had scored more points than he had in almost the previous 3 games combined.

So he played extended minutes, that’s what caused the “issue” in this particular game.

On a regular night he’s playing 17-20, which opens up more guard minutes.

Kerr is just choosing to give those minutes to White

Back
Top Bottom