The Official NBA Season Thread: France and USA Advance to the Gold Medal Game

Jrue had 7 assists in 20 minutes. White played 7 minutes total. Ant played 13 but he basically was a dnpcd the second half. Where are these guard minutes?
Can’t imagine how the guy that had more assists than Jrue and Luka in the finals could do something similar playing with the best in the world.

It is what it is. Kerr has his guys. Got lucky as hell today he didn’t lose and not metal because of it.

This was definitely the best game of basketball I’ve seen since Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals. Truly some high level basketball right there.

The new HIM HIM 's were going to get for next season after the avy update

200w (7).gif

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
Can’t imagine how the guy that had more assists than Jrue and Luka in the finals could do something similar playing with the best in the world.

It is what it is. Kerr has his guys. Got lucky as hell today he didn’t lose and not metal because of it.
The finals has nothing to do with today and that’s the problem with the Tatum discourse. In less usage he hasn’t been good for team USA. 0-15 on jump shots. Not better at the 3 or the 4 than Durant/kD. Not better than Booker or ant in this setting. The tape ain’t lying to yall, I promise.

I was looking at the time….and when that happened, I’m like….yeah, it’s a wrap :lol:

But man. Serbia FAUGHT man. That country really got some hoopers. Loved how Bogi was popping his ****. He a 20ppg guy. And showed it.

The vets down the stretch were too much tho. Steph/Bron/KD was locked tf in down the stretch

Good *** basketball all Olympics. Good *** game.

1992 Dream Team is still the best tho 😅
i’m not the best with spelling and grammar but FAUGHT in all caps is wild stuff :lol:

The finals has nothing to do with today and that’s the problem with the Tatum discourse. In less usage he hasn’t been good for team USA. 0-15 on jump shots. Not better at the 3 or the 4 than Durant/kD. Not better than Booker or ant in this setting. The tape ain’t lying to yall, I promise.
His jumpers been bad for sure, which is why I said he shouldn’t be playing a ton. But when other dudes are legitimately playing BAD, and we’ve seen Tatum play good in the lineups with Bron/curry/etc, it’s poor coaching. He’s a better defender and rebounder than 75% of the team and can actually get into the paint unlike a lot of those dudes too.

Again, Kerr got bailed out so it’s all good. But some of the minutes today looked absolutely insane.

His jumpers been bad for sure, which is why I said he shouldn’t be playing a ton. But when other dudes are legitimately playing BAD, and we’ve seen Tatum play good in the lineups with Bron/curry/etc, it’s poor coaching. He’s a better defender and rebounder than 75% of the team and can actually get into the paint unlike a lot of those dudes too.

Again, Kerr got bailed out so it’s all good. But some of the minutes today looked absolutely insane.
I’m not shooting Kerr any bail but Tatum’s only points all summer been in the dunker spot. His confidence is clearly rattled on the perimeter. We had a Jokic problem. Over helping and bad close outs. And we figured all that out in the second half

Nah we really got a Steph 30 piece during one of the best Olympic shooting performances ever, a Bron triple-double and a KD dagger all in the same high stakes all-time great elimination game comeback against world class competition...

Hours later and still feeling blessed to have witnessed it, that was special man 🙏🏾:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

We're gonna be looking back on what we all witnessed for a long time

Kerr has been bailed out by the talent and High Basketball skill and talent of this team. It doesn’t take a genius to know that KD should be starting with Bron and Steph. Ant has only looked good against bad teams and in some ways he’s regressed since last year’s World Cup team. The biggest issue with this team is that instead of this hockey lineup nonsense the best guys need to play and if guys like Ant are struggling throw Tatum or Hali out there to see what they can do on defense or rebounding.

Team USA has been falling behind on the coaching front which is not great. Coach K and his staff had dudes ready even when they lost (06 World Championship Team). USA basketball just puts big names coaches that might not be suited for international FIBA ball. You need excellent coaches that can adapt. K said FIBA kicked his butt and he had to learn what to do. Kerr and to a lesser extent Pop (he won but that squad looked terrible include Team USA Boston Celtics). As much as people talk about the 04 squad they don’t talk about how most of the NBA coaches that have coached Team USA don’t adapt to the international game. Larry Brown, George Karl. Etc were terrible.

Back
Top Bottom