The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

It's a whole different pay scale by position in the NFL. A lot of WR's and TE's are getting their worth so they don't have a issue. The big name defensive players are getting great money too.
A unified union helps them all get paid more though. None of the contracts are guaranteed so these dudes def aren’t getting their worth. They just are in no way, shape or form prepared for a labor fight against some billionaires.

No cap space cause Jaylen Brown still under contract next year. Would have to run it back again this coming year, then have cap space NEXT year. Would also give the option of trading his expiring contract this year at trade deadline. Either way, would have another shot (7 straight years of this duo)
They wouldn’t have cap space like that next year either even without Jaylen. Try again.

They wouldn’t have cap space like that next year either even without Jaylen. Try again.
without Jaylens 50+mil on their books, how much cap space would they have next year? enlighten us, were not all Cap-ologists like yourself

without Jaylens 50+mil on their books, how much cap space would they have next year? enlighten us, were not all Cap-ologists like yourself
Realistically, around like $10-15M in cap space when you account for Prichard's cap hold and minimum roster charges even if they let Jaylen walk for nothing.

With the vet min cap holds, prob less than 10 mill.

132 mill for 8 players. Cap at appx 149. But 7 empty spots at appx 2 mill cap hold. Could be 3-10 mill in space. Plus the NTMLE and BAE

So yea, had to max him.

The NFL's pie is bigger than the NBA's, but the NBA got to divide it among much fewer people.

But pure capitalism aside, I think it is morally wrong for NFL players not to get a much bigger piece of their pie vs. the owners.

Playing in the NFL negatively affects dudes' quality of life in such a manner I feel it is only right they get a larger share.

These owners don't have to worry about body or brain injuries.

Like I read the player's share is around 49%. I think it should be at least 55%, going toward 60.

Look at Antonio Brown man.

He didnt earn enough for that.

Realistically, around like $10-15M in cap space when you account for Prichard's cap hold and minimum roster charges even if they let Jaylen walk for nothing.
With the vet min cap holds, prob less than 10 mill.

132 mill for 8 players. Cap at appx 149. But 7 empty spots at appx 2 mill cap hold. Could be 3-10 mill in space. Plus the NTMLE and BAE

So yea, had to max him.

I see. Is basically max him and have no cap space, or don't pay him and still have barely any cap space. Sophies choice

pmatic pmatic DLF DLF laid it out pretty well. They’ve been operating over the cap for a while now, so pretty much everything has been done either via trade or picking up guys with the MLE.

Jaylen coming off the books doesn’t mean they all of the sudden have $50M to play with.

pmatic pmatic DLF DLF laid it out pretty well. They’ve been operating over the cap for a while now, so pretty much everything has been done either via trade or picking up guys with the MLE.

Jaylen coming off the books doesn’t mean they all of the sudden have $50M to play with.
With Boston in win-now mode, have to re-sign him then. No other choice. I’d be looking to trade him after next year when available

They’re still underpaid though. Vastly. Especially for like a Top 2-3ish most important position position on the field.
And they more likely not to see the 100m’s, that number just looks good

That’s why they fight so hard for the guaranteed bread…Which is even crazy when you think about it

Back
Top Bottom