The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Most Dominant Paint Scorer Since Shaq is on his way. Not too late to sneak into the postseason

#MDPSSS

He’s giving the owner a $680M loan with zero interest :lol: This is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen
I said this and people told me I was tripping.

Real back on the envelope math, but if you take 3% inflation rate (its 3.24% today).. $68M is worth only $37M in 20 years... years 10-20 $50M or less. so thats giving away $18M per year to inflation minimum up to $30M in year 20. Years 10-20 loss of purchasing power due to inflation (and not interest earned) is ~$265M... THEN he's gonna get taxed on it. Madness.

Its crazy dog. Bad finance from top to bottom. Ripping that man off.

Real back on the envelope math, but if you take 3% inflation rate (its 3.24% today).. $68M is worth only $37M in 20 years... years 10-20 $50M or less. so thats giving away $18M per year to inflation minimum up to $30M in year 20. Years 10-20 loss of purchasing power due to inflation (and not interest earned) is ~$265M... THEN he's gonna get taxed on it. Madness.

Its crazy dog. Bad finance from top to bottom. Ripping that man off.

This is sort of what we’re talking about in the MLB thread.

As a Union you don’t/can’t accept this.

The PA has stepped up before to stopped deals for players getting traded because they restructured to “take less”.

But there maybe a loophole where the MLBPA can’t do anything about this particular situation.

It’s crazy dog. Bad finance from top to bottom. Ripping that man off.

Massive tax implications though. Can never fully evaluate anything involving this amount of money without tax considerations.

Massive tax implications though. Can never fully evaluate anything involving this amount of money without tax considerations.

I thought about this as well. Japan and the US have a tax treaty but not an exemption so its still going to be taxed somewhere for something. Hopefully, theres an estate attorney involved cause at a high level I do not like it.

Inflation alone is a killer on this.

I thought about this as well. Japan and the US have a tax treaty but not an exemption so its still going to be taxed somewhere for something. Hopefully, theres an estate attorney involved cause at a high level I do not like it.

Inflation alone is a killer on this.
besides the numbers, life aint guaranteed

IMG_2549.jpeg

I would defer $10. Who defers that much money that’s truly nuts anything can happen between now and then.

The justification is that he’s sacrificing to win now and for multiple years to come by making easier for his team to get talent.

Which is what fans love.

Shot quality is just a fake thing now for the Spurs. I can't imagine they play past the ASB like this.

After signing the biggest contract in sports history, I have a very hard time believing Ohtani doesn’t have an incredibly intelligent wealth manager that is aware of the tax implications and loopholes. I’m sure there was some math done :lol:

Don’t think he’s just doing a solid to the Dodgers front office.

After signing the biggest contract in sports history, I have a very hard time believing Ohtani doesn’t have an incredibly intelligent wealth manager that is aware of the tax implications and loopholes. I’m sure there was some math done :lol:

Don’t think he’s just doing a solid to the Dodgers front office.
You would be surprised how many athletes STILL don't do these things. Even when the leagues bring in firms every summer to talk about these things.

Back
Top Bottom