The Official NBA Season Thread: Germany, Serbia, France, USA All Advance

Warriors really goofed not drafting Lamelo.

They’d be in good position now & down the line after Curry moves on or retires.
I think they woulda shipped Melo Ball out too, but for role/chemistry issues instead of performance like Wiseman ….Management obviously shown they living n dying with their core, anybody else comes n goes

The correct move with that pick was to deal it on draft night

Thibs is king of the regualr szn trickery

Idk Spree, he gets a bad rep overall but it’s not like he’s able to suit up and play himself. Players gotta execute. You need the talent.

He preaches all the rite things as far as offense goes so idk what else to ask. A healthy DRose in his prime changes perceptions. That team was built to be great.

I think they woulda shipped Melo Ball out too, but for role/chemistry issues instead of performance like Wiseman ….Management obviously shown they living n dying with their core, anybody else comes n goes

Nah those two players [Melo & James] are not the same. Chemistry? Melo is more than a willing passer & Chef is a 2 w/ a pg build.

That’s an all star backcourt. Melo needs better defense but he’s worth it.

i won't comment on the CPee3 move but in regards to dray running his mouth at ant, we really want to litigate and punish players for trash talk? players like gary payton and kevin garnett get so much love from fans for being known as being the best **** talkers of their generation.

fans will complain about refs impacting the game too much and that the league's gotten soft but then also be mad when draymond doesn't get T'd up for running his mouth. i have no problem with players showing emotion –if dray is being overly emotional, take advantage and bait him into bad fouls.
I wont even put Draymond in the same category as Payton and Garnett. those two earned their right as they are premier players on their teams. while Draymond is nothing more than a coat-tail rider troublemaker.

Nah those two players [Melo & James] are not the same. Chemistry? Melo is more than a willing passer & Chef is a 2 w/ a pg build.

That’s an all star backcourt. Melo needs better defense but he’s worth it.
It’s not an all star backcourt when Melo is still coming off the bench for a washed Klay in year 3 or 4 :lol: …They been showing you what matters to em these past couple season, and it’s keeping the “core” together, they not worried bout any yougins

Steve Ballmer's worse career moments:

-Windows Vista
-XBox 360 RRoD
-Laughing at iPhone
-Not taking Google seriously from the jump
-Not buying Android
-Every Clippers team since he bought the franchise
Chuck the Condor is Fun, and You Guys Are Not - Clips Nation
Blake Griffin Featured on Controversial LA Clippers T-Shirt with MLK,  Lincoln, Gandhi and More
Robert Littal BSO on X: Clippers wasted all that money on those billboards  taking shots at the Lakers https://t.co/tGd1Tk2k0K / X
Steve Ballmer Gif - IceGif

It’s not an all star backcourt when Melo is still coming off the bench for a washed Klay in year 3 or 4 :lol: …They been showing you what matters to em these past couple season, and it’s keeping the “core” together, they not worried bout any yougins
So you’re saying LaMelo would’ve been relegated to the g-league while Klay was rinsing & drying off repeatedly?

GS ain’t that dumb to go w/ Klay the Injured starting in place of Ball.

They’re wholly different situations and class of players. Melo was an all star wherever he would’ve been drafted. He’s not a project like Wiseman is to date.

I think Lou, Pat Bev and Trezz convinced themselves that winning two playoff games against the KD Warriors was equivalent to a championship. SMH.

Y’all saw how Pat Bev carried on after the play in, and Lou Will care more about the HOF than a championship… and Trezz is Trezz :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
So you’re saying LaMelo would’ve been relegated to the g-league while Klay was rinsing & drying off repeatedly?

GS ain’t that dumb to go w/ Klay the Injured starting in place of Ball.

They’re wholly different situations and class of players. Melo was an all star wherever he would’ve been drafted. He’s not a project like Wiseman is to date.
I didn’t compare the 2, I said Melo woulda probably been traded based on how they’ve been managing their team and def not starting long as Klay is around

He wouldn’t have the same role in GSW as he does in Charlotte obviously so All Star is debatable

Problem was no one wanted to trade for #2 that year. Teams could barely workout prospects because of the pandemic and it was hard to extract value for a pick in a at the time shaky draft.

I didn’t compare the 2, I said Melo woulda probably been traded based on how they’ve been managing their team and def not starting long as Klay is around

He wouldn’t have the same role in GSW as he does in Charlotte obviously so All Star is debatable
I strongly disagree with this statement. The Warriors would have given him a legitimate opportunity to start, and if he played as he did during his Rookie of the Year season, they would have found a way to make him a starter or give him starter minutes.

If you believe a trade would have been considered, it's evident you don't understand Warriors basketball. They aren't accustomed to trading talented and cost-effective players.

The point was that they goofed by not selecting him with their second overall pick. The talent that he is would’ve led to them being in a better place.

You’re assuming just as well that he would’ve been traded when that’s rather unlikely given past performance.

Back
Top Bottom