The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Big Knick Energy szn hilites

Shoutout to the champs for making the slide twice!
Alex Caruso, have a seat, young man
RJ ofc all over these slides :emoji_blush:
MitchRob & JB have to be the best value contracts
Deuce Block > the Deuce Dunk from the Deuce Game

How are y'all calling 25 games WITH NO ACCESS TO THE TEAM light???

For context: Memphis was 16-9 (T-2nd in West) after 25 games last year on December 8th. Ja missed 4 games in that span and they were 1-3.

If they dropped 4 more games and were 12-13 (which is possible without Ja) they would have been out of the play-in picture through 25 games.

Missing you star player for the first 30% of the season n a tight conference is not "light".

Silver didn't "drop the hammer" or whatever it is y'all wanted because he's using this as a second strike because the situation is still reparable for both parties. But if Ja ****s up again then he is TOAST (long suspension + lost endorsements).

I would trade the #2 pick for Zion and hope he wants to be in charlotte.

Lamelo and Zion duo

That would be fun...but for me selfishly, I'd like to see Scoot fall to 3 so that Toronto can trade Paskal for him. I'd love to go see Scoot live if he lives up to his potential.

turned $300 million into $3 billion
1686936030602.png

For context: Memphis was 16-9 (T-2nd in West) after 25 games last year on December 8th. Ja missed 4 games in that span and they were 1-3.

If they dropped 4 more games and were 12-13 (which is possible without Ja) they would have been out of the play-in picture through 25 games.

Missing you star player for the first 30% of the season n a tight conference is not "light".

Silver didn't "drop the hammer" or whatever it is y'all wanted because he's using this as a second strike because the situation is still reparable for both parties. But if Ja ****s up again then he is TOAST (long suspension + lost endorsements).

According to Windy, he's going to be able to practice with the team. So in that sense he's not ostracized from them and will be able to have access to the facilities at least.

Tyrese Maxey only averaged one handoff a game.

this is pretty crazy

he pretty much scored 20 a game by just doing stuff with no set plays for him at times.. just his speed

Doc really had no clue what to do with him smh

hopefully nurse got some DHOs for embiid maxey.. i cant see it not working like how JJ/Embiid use to run them

Exactly, plus he plays 0 defence which doesn't really fit anything the Blazers need. But the upside is that he can become a top 10 player and a cornerstone for your franchise for the next 7 years. Remember when the Pels were the #1 seed when he was healthy?

When you're dealing with Zion, you're dealing with extremes.

The fact that we are talking and have concern about a 23-year old professional athlete's diet is extreme :lol: Has this happened before? I know Shaq's weight concerns didn't come until he was the Lakers but even so he worked himself into shape and was out there playing 67+ games per season.

Seems like Miami is going to have their choice of Beal (moreso cause he can force his way there) and Dame, who should they go with?

Tyrese Maxey only averaged one handoff a game.

this is pretty crazy

he pretty much scored 20 a game by just doing stuff with no set plays for him at times.. just his speed

Doc really had no clue what to do with him smh

hopefully nurse got some DHOs for embiid maxey.. i cant see it not working like how JJ/Embiid use to run them

Yeah man, Doc keeping Maxey in the corner while Harden and Embiid play a two man game drives me nuts.

I'm really looking forward to Maxey's development under Nurse. Unless Morey does some magic with the Tobias contract, Maxey is our only hope to take the next step next year. It's a lot of pressure on the kid, but I think he's up for it.

Always working yourself into a shoot :lol:

Always working yourself into a shoot :lol:

There are genuinely people who feel the 25 is light though when it clearly isn't. It's significant enough as a repeat offender for this specific incident.

It's crazy thinking about 23 year olds squandering their futures of food and firearms |l

Yeah man, Doc keeping Maxey in the corner while Harden and Embiid play a two man game drives me nuts.

I'm really looking forward to Maxey's development under Nurse. Unless Morey does some magic with the Tobias contract, Maxey is our only hope to take the next step next year. It's a lot of pressure on the kid, but I think he's up for it.
when i just came across that on the reddit i didnt believe it but than the more I thought about this season and doing the eye test it is very true

but i agree i think he is up for it as well

i hope this new set of coaches though get him back into his float game. seemed like doc etc got him away from it a bit and late in the season it just wasnt falling for him

yeah, I still don’t know how to feel about this suspension thing.

Ja is stupid as hell, but he didn’t break a law or anything, he just hurt the NBA’s image.

This is one of those situations where I feel like an *** whoopin is the only appropriate punishment :lol:

There is a morality clause and conduct detrimental to the league in every contract. In that sense he did break the NBA "law" and the fact that it happened for the exact same thing less than 2 months later after he went to the commish's face and said he was going to change, he was asking for a punishment. It in theory could have been harsher.

Back
Top Bottom