The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

i used to be on Uptempoair forums than once that went away i became a regular on NT

soon to be 32 mid april so it could very well be much of mid 30s/high 30s around here

Wait a minute.....if the average age is about 35. Then that means a lot of y'all were only barely in grade school when Jordan won his championships.

This is the standard y'all are using? Memories from when you were believing in Santa Clause still?

YOU were the bully :lol:

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say I was a BULLY. He was one of my better friends and we played football together too. I thought it was all fun and games but he clearly did not :lol:

We only fought when adults weren't around so this went on for a while, until I accidentally broke his nose
Parents got involved after that and he left me alone. Never had another bully problem and now I'm a pacifist

This is exactly why I don't fight as an adult. My sophomore year of college, we were at a tailgate and I wasn't there at the spot but my best friend and another guy got into it with some dudes from a rival school. Melee broke out and my friend got in the mix (maybe trying to break it up). I can't remember if it was a sucker punch or not but he got hit and broke his jaw and had to get it wired shut and could only consume Ensure for months :wow:

Turns out they knew/found dude and slapped him...with a lawsuit. Guy got hit with first degree aggravated assault (felony), SEVERAL years in jail and like a $10K fine :sick: Life changing. Guy was 19/20 at the time too. Gotta be careful out here. Never know how someone might respond whether it's with the toolie or legal action. Both not good looks.

It's so whack fr. Having to withdraw your child from school for bullying is crazy. |l
My only bullying story is from when I changed schools in 5th grade.
There was this kid that was bigger than everyone named Alex. He never messed with me, but one day in PE, homie called me the N word with a super hard ER. :lol: (he was white)
I told him I'ma get with you after school. Waited for dude on the steps, and as soon as he walked out, I slapped fire out of his ***. I got the oooh sound from the crowd :lol:
bernie-mac-slap.gif

He slapped me back though. (he had a way longer reach), but I got the harder smack in :lol: :lol:
Before we could get to fighting, a teacher broke it up. I didn't get in trouble cause teachers knew was a dickhead. Dude ended up coming out the closet years later and tried to be friends.
I say that to say, I would smack tf out of a bully and sometimes that's all it takes to back em off you.
I never really dealt with a bully, at least not physically, but when I was in the 10th grade, we had this cat who I believe was a super senior in my geometry class, he would always snap on me and my homeboy, turns out his stepmom and my mom were cool from work. So one day my mom comes home and tells me how she and dude’s stepmom were on their way to grab lunch, they see his dad and another dude leave the spot where the ladies were going, so the stepmom decided to follow them, they ended up going to the house, the stepmom gave it a few minutes and she went in the house, she was in there for a minute then dude came running out, then she came running out distraught and in tears, she explained to my mom what she had seen, basically Ol’ boys dad was bent over………. I fell out laughing and couldn’t wait to get to school the next day because I was going to flame spray dude, but my mom told me not to. I saw dude several years afterward in my sh***y hometown married to one of the most ugliest women I had ever seen, I asked him about his pops and his stepmom and how they were doing, he said that they divorced but he wouldn’t say why, I hit him with the 50 Cent in the drop top gif laughing my *** off.

I think I still have sporting news nba guide and basketball almanacs dating back from the 80s. I had beta tapes of nba Finals stored away. Those betamax devices were crazy heavy. Had to dispose of it and it weighed at least 50 lbs

How many NFL and MLB athletes are more popular than Steven Adams? I just saw him in a AT&T ad. :lol:
Crazy how it works. Mahomes is already the greatest quarterback we’ve ever seen & I’ve only seen a few State Farm commercials :lol:

Imagine Wemby coming in leading the league in scoring & winning 2 titles, 3 finals appearances his first 6 years :lol: He’d be an icon

I feel like the NFL has the disadvantage of the NFL not really marketing star players outside of QBs plus the helmets. I feel like some folks could not recognize their teams player out in the streets :lol:

MLB just isn't that popular IMO.

Crazy how it works. Mahomes is already the greatest quarterback we’ve ever seen & I’ve only seen a few State Farm commercials :lol:

Imagine Wemby coming in leading the league in scoring & winning 2 titles, 3 finals appearances his first 6 years :lol: He’d be an icon
Like wavycrocket wavycrocket mentioned, Boban got State Farm and Goldfish ads (with freaking Tobias Harris). :lol:

I feel like the NFL has the disadvantage of the NFL not really marketing star players outside of QBs plus the helmets. I feel like some folks could not recognize their teams player out in the streets :lol:

MLB just isn't that popular IMO.
Aside from local team, could not put a face to many NFL players

Back
Top Bottom