The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

1681406506459.png

1681406529200.png

Same Tier.
That’s just this season though. You’re saying Derozan would’ve won a chip with the raptors even if they didn’t make that trade? You think he would’ve been able to win out the East?

That’s just this season though. You’re saying Derozan would’ve won a chip with the raptors even if they didn’t make that trade? You think he would’ve been able to win out the East?

Yes I do. If you pull career averages it's still comparable.

Kawhi's only + over Demar are rings and the 1st one he won as a late addition to a team with HOF's who have already won an NBA championships in the Spurs, and then beating up on a hobbled GS. It honestly didn't matter who came out the East that year because they would've beat GS injured.

Outside of that how many full elite seasons has Kawhi put together? What playoff success has he accomplished in a Clipper uniform?

Yes I do. If you pull career averages it's still comparable.

Kawhi's only + over Demar are rings and the 1st one he won as a late addition to a team with HOF's who have already won an NBA championships in the Spurs, and then beating up on a hobbled GS. It honestly didn't matter who came out the East that year because they would've beat GS injured.

Outside of that how many full elite seasons has Kawhi put together? What playoff success has he accomplished in a Clipper uniform?
You’re discounting Kawhi’s rings but you said previously we shouldn’t discount DeRozan because he had to face Lebron every year in the playoffs. If he really was on the superstar level, he would’ve been able to beat Lebron. When Kawhi is healthy he has shown to be an elite player. He was going off on GS in the playoffs before Zaza injured him.

You’re discounting Kawhi’s rings but you said previously we shouldn’t discount DeRozan because he had to face Lebron every year in the playoffs. If he really was on the superstar level, he would’ve been able to beat Lebron. When Kawhi is healthy he has shown to be an elite player. He was going off on GS in the playoffs before Zaza injured him.

He was also putting up elite playoff numbers in ‘21 until Joe Ingles took him out (while washedKING’s dad was already on vacation).

Last edited:

Kawhi's rings get discounted because they're not impressive. He wasn't the leading scorer for the Spurs in 2014, and one could make a very compelling case that Tim should've got it. They gave it to him because he let Bron only score 28 a game on 58% shooting from the field.

2019 GS was injured KD was out and we all know Klay wasn't right either even before he tore his ACL.

Outside of those seasons Kawhi has put together what? One full elite season? He didn't average over 20 a game until year 5, missed all of year 7. Looks like he's just a beneficiary of circumstance and ring culture and has been performing similarly to Demar in the playoffs since getting to LA.

I dunno if I’d leave a D1 college job for the NBA. I get that recruiting would be a pain but I can’t see the NBA having better job satisfaction - sure the pay is probably higher but most coaches only stay for a few years.

Yup that's the amazing ring Kawhi get's credit for.
He still had to go through the Bucks and the Sixers, which you’re just choosing to forget. The only reason they even got to eventually advance to the Finals was Kawhi’s buzzer beater against Philly. You’re just assuming Demar would’ve got the job done

He gets credit for this

20230413_140625.jpg

20230413_140600.jpg

Dismiss what he did against the Warriors and he still took out a loaded Philly squad with Jimmy and the no.1 seed Bucks with B2B MVP Giannis.

This isn't the hill to die on man at all :lol:

Ah yes, will we be seeing this Kawhi against Phoenix yes or no?

Back
Top Bottom