The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Clippers have been the better team for 6 of the 8 quarters so having the role players at home those shots will fall. Clippers are very deep.

Kings went from being a nice "warmup" for the Warriors to the NBA rigging the series to get the defending champs with a top 3 marquee player in the world out da paint in the 1st round.

It couldn't be the fact that Warriors have been a middling, high turnover rate team all season who play like they're destined for the lottery when on the road; whose 9 figure making 6th man's biggest playoff contribution thus far is cheerleading from the bench; whose defensive anchor works himself into shoots by constantly engaging in shenanigans that prove detrimental to himself and his team.

Yep, definitely rigged.
It is rigged. You are my brother and friend but as a fellow conservative you know that Sleepy Joseph has his creepy hands all over this situation. HE HATES WHITES AND BLACKS AND LIBS. He called Sabonis on his Soros phone and da rest is history

SmartSelect_20230419_134402_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20230419_134411_Chrome.jpg

These two def didn't want to sign up for this ****

Thinking of 21st century dynasties from most hated on to most liked (or tolerated :lol:) It’s

1. GSW
2. Heatles
3. Kobe/Shaq Lakers(this includes the final iteration with Malone/Payton)
4. Kobe/Pau Lakers
5. Spurs

Don’t think I am forgetting any teams (can’t count Cavs because they only won one title so they weren’t a dynasty despite the 4 straight Finals). The praying on the Warriors downfall is elite, Players Level Ball Hating :lol:

Thinking of 21st century dynasties from most hated on to most liked (or tolerated :lol:) It’s

1. GSW
2. Heatles
3. Kobe/Shaq Lakers(this includes the final iteration with Malone/Payton)
4. Kobe/Pau Lakers
5. Spurs

Don’t think I am forgetting any teams (can’t count Cavs because they only won one title so they weren’t a dynasty despite the 4 straight Finals). The praying on the Warriors downfall is elite, Players Level Ball Hating :lol:
I think there’s definitely recency bias here because the Heatles are easily #1 IMO.

I think there’s definitely recency bias here because the Heatles are easily #1 IMO.
Yea it's not close :lol:

They were hated league/world wide from their inception.

The Warriors had a grace period where they were generally beloved and respected for revolutionising the game and building 'organically' before they became truly dominant.

The widespread turn with them only happened after they went out and added KD after their 3-1 choke

I swear you read my mind like 9/10 posts :lol: After I posted the list, I realized there was a bit of chronological order to it. EYE remember personally hating the Heat after but I forget what folks said throughout the tenure. There was Year 1 Animus, for sure, but I felt it was quelled as the years went on (only 4). The Warriors have been actively hated for 9 seasons now so if anything I am giving them the nod for the longevity and how long some of these dudes have been letting that hate fester.

I am not saying you are wrong but circumstantially I truly believe it is close.

Yea it's not close :lol:

They were hated league/world wide from their inception.

The Warriors had a grace period where they were generally beloved and respected for revolutionising the game and building 'organically' before they became truly dominant.

The widespread turn with them only happened after they went out and added KD after their 3-1 choke

Them going 73-9, Steph winning unanimous MVP, losing the Finals in an exciting Game 7 series, acquiring KD, winning two more then eventually coming back for #4 when everyone left them for dead makes it a unique circumstance IMO. Longevity + unexpected title and fans still cheering them on to lose EIGHT YEARS after their first Finals is a game changer but I for sure see the Heatles argument. I almost changed it to 1A/1B. Both highly hated but for different reasons and also different factions

I was an early hater of the Steph Warriors, but only because they started completely owning the Clippers after Kerr got there. I actually softened that position when KD got there because it was pointless to be mad at them winning due to how good they were.

I thought The Decision was lame, but didn’t completely make my mind up to root against the Heatles until “Not 1, not 2…not 3, not 4….”

I think Heatles were probably largely more hated on a global scale because of how they dipped the scales. But I think Warriors receive a lot more hate from the more serious fans in here for “front running”, KD coming on board, Draymond’s antics, etc. Both heavily hated but for different reasons

I was an early hater of the Steph Warriors, but only because they started completely owning the Clippers after Kerr got there. I actually softened that position when KD got there because it was pointless to be mad at them winning due to how good they were.

I thought The Decision was lame, but didn’t completely make my mind up to root against the Heatles until “Not 1, not 2…not 3, not 4….”

I was initially mad at the decision because I was young and thought it was “weak” but I am well over it and players joining up because I realize as a professional, why would you NOT want to team up with the best in your field to form a super team? A close to 30-year old Bron making that business decision actually makes a lot of sense :lol:

I will say the “Kings will be a nice warmup” talk for these particular GSW and Kings teams was off the chains, though :lol:

I swear you read my mind like 9/10 posts :lol: After I posted the list, I realized there was a bit of chronological order to it. EYE remember personally hating the Heat after but I forget what folks said throughout the tenure. There was Year 1 Animus, for sure, but I felt it was quelled as the years went on (only 4). The Warriors have been actively hated for 9 seasons now so if anything I am giving them the nod for the longevity and how long some of these dudes have been letting that hate fester.

I am not saying you are wrong but circumstantially I truly believe it is close.
Nah, the Warriors were immediately the darling of the league with their rise. We can’t confuse Bron fans hating the Warriors with them receiving the MOST hate. They don’t have 9 seasons worth of hate :lol:. People hated the Clippers still with CP/Blake early in their run too. They were the cute up and coming team. After the decision, the Heat launched into full blown hate

I think Heatles were probably largely more hated on a global scale because of how they dipped the scales. But I think Warriors receive a lot more hate from the more serious fans in here for “front running”, KD coming on board, Draymond’s antics, etc. Both heavily hated but for different reasons
Looking back, the Heatles showed they were beatable. Mavs got them early and spurs closed that group out.

Fans hate the dubs because of how dominant they really were once kd joined. It took a kd and klay injury for the them to get beat. Fans and even opponents probably knew they were taking an L when they went up against those warriors. They would erase deficits in minutes. It was unreal how hard opponents played and warriors just turn it on

Nah, the Warriors were immediately the darling of the league with their rise. We can’t confuse Bron fans hating the Warriors with them receiving the MOST hate. They don’t have 9 seasons worth of hate :lol:. People hated the Clippers still with CP/Blake early in their run too. They were the cute up and coming team. After the decision, the Heat launched into full blown hate

So this is where you make an accurate distinction. Bron Hate is undoubtedly #1 BUT he did it last decade on 2-3 teams. The Bron Dynasty is #1 Most Hated of All-Time but 4 were with the Heat, 4 Cavs and 2 Lakers. That is kind of different from the traditional dynasty. But if your argument is that Bron Dynasty is clear cut #1 then I can not disagree.

Warriors weren’t really hated in 2015 when they won the title IIRC, although they got very lucky Kyrie was out for the finals

Back
Top Bottom