The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I think Heatles were probably largely more hated on a global scale because of how they dipped the scales. But I think Warriors receive a lot more hate from the more serious fans in here for “front running”, KD coming on board, Draymond’s antics, etc. Both heavily hated but for different reasons

warriors actually did what people thought the heat were doing

the heat thought they were stacking the deck.. but Lebron and wade had similar skill sets and they didnt have much outside of them 3

the warriors went 73-9 and barely didn’t win the title (which would have been their 2nd).. hell the cavs don’t win the title without Portland and especially OKC making it hard on the warriors plus draymond’s inability to not hit multiple dudes in the nuts.. and even then it took late game heroics

Warriors weren’t really hated in 2015 when they won the title IIRC, although they got very lucky Kyrie was out for the finals

So 7-8 seasons instead of 9? Those years the Warriors weren’t making playoffs after KD all they were accused of doing is ducking. Klay comes back, they might have caught some breaks and win it. All while everyone hate on them for acquiring KD then for KD leaving. Yet they won without him and he has done….nothing.

So this is where you make an accurate distinction. Bron Hate is undoubtedly #1 BUT he did it last decade on 2-3 teams. The Bron Dynasty is #1 Most Hated of All-Time but 4 were with the Heat, 4 Cavs and 2 Lakers. That is kind of different from the traditional dynasty. But if your argument is that Bron Dynasty is clear cut #1 then I can not disagree.
I don’t even feel like people hated the Cavs like that, and the Lakers are the Lakers, so there’s going to be a lot of hate/love regardless. The level of vitriole for those Heat teams were just different. Partially because they leaned into it in a way that the Warriors didn’t really. Which is partly because people just didn’t hate the Warriors when this thing initially got going

The Warriors did what every fan would wish their team did, especially one off B2B finals appearances, and they are crucified for it. All while retaining their core from the initial Finals and winning with them

I don’t even feel like people hated the Cavs like that, and the Lakers are the Lakers, so there’s going to be a lot of hate/love regardless. The level of vitriole for those Heat teams were just different. Partially because they leaned into it in a way that the Warriors didn’t really. Which is partly because people just didn’t hate the Warriors when this thing initially got going

This is a well thought, reasonable take. Thank you.

I’m not going to go back and forth on it because I see how what you are saying 100% makes the truth and this Warriors team isn’t like anything we’ve seen so it’s hard to make a comparison.

Thank you for a good faith discussion. SOME NTers could learn.

NOT SAYING PLAYERS SHOULDNT GET PAID WHAT THEY DO

But with those large guarantees comes a level of guarantee-ism then this was only bound to happen

Dont worry Draymond, next year when youre on the Lakers you can get away with everything and pod about it all you want.

Draymond needs help, help.

Like a legitimate therapist.

1681940095897.png

Also side note, that 2014 Spurs performance in the finals was probably the best pure basketball I’ve ever seen. They were unstoppable.

The Heatles are not a dynasty and only looked like unbeatable giants in the Finals against a team of 23 year olds. They got hate for the illusion of being overpowered but not actually being. The dubs were overpowered.

Series will quickly become a battle of recovery.

Phoenix ran out of jumpers against the Bucks, have now added one of the greatest jump shooters ever but they have no depth & are running guys 45 minutes :lol: So it could very well happen again. If not this series, definitely later on
Monty can’t find Ross or Warren minutes? Book and cp3 got soft tissue history and KD we already know about

Back
Top Bottom