The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Brooklyn is just a cursed franchise. And the one season they had a likable team with all star d-lo, Jarrett Allen, and caris Levert, they throw it all away

So God has a vested interest in making sure the Nets struggle? Why? What did the team do?

KLFASjx.jpg

"Put in his place"

Brothas I hope y'all paying attention to this.
And this is what we’re talking about. At this point it is just cloak for when colonizers want to claim minority status. Something they can fall back on.

I remember a cat I worked with for years was applying for another position in the company. Hombre showed up in a yamakah. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I said to him, I didn’t know you were Jewish, dude said “ Yeah I usually wear it when I’m doing business or job interviews”. Another cat that I know who says he is of Jewish heritage said his job is telling them they need to get vaxed, so he plans on starting to wearing the Yamakah for that to show he’s Jewish to avoid getting vexed. Now I’m not saying cause you are of said heritage that you must wear these items, but these instances along with others not mentioned, show me that this is just treated as a societal tool.

Last edited:
yeah that "put in his place" line is incredibly ****ed verging on racist .
i highly doubt the same words would be used to highlight the way another person is handled

instead of putting in place, you educate, but that doesn't seem the be the intent of some
Is Mr. “Put him in his Place” even anyone of relevance, that whole thing reeks of “shut up and dribble” rhetoric.

The fact that someone needs to put that "ambassador" in his place doesn't change the fact that Kyrie Irving was encouraging discrimination, spreading disinformation, and acting antisemitic. That the Nets and the NBA don't want him to use their platform to do it shouldn't surprise anyone.

At this point, and when feasibly possible, they should burn it all down. Doesn’t matter what they do going forward after this with the same group, they tried, and it just won’t work.

Posted the link with no context and people understandably were confused. People ask for clarification from Kyrie.

Kyrie gives clarification and states he does not believe in the anti-semetic quotes in the book.

Not enough. People are upset that the link is still up.

Kyrie removes link. Not enough. People are upset that he did not apologize.

Kyrie posts that he meant no harm but did not explicitly state that he is sorry. Not enough. People want proper apology.

Nets and Kyrie donate money to ADL. Not enough bc he still did not say the words sorry or apologize. ADL does not take donation.

Kyrie asked about his non-apologetic apology and gives answer that I have not watched yet. People want a "better" apology.

Gets suspended for not properly apologizing. Kyrie later tweets out apology specifically saying he is sorry. Not enough.

People are now saying he should never play again because his apology "doesn't feel authentic". People now want a "better" apology as well as a press conference of him saying the words "I'm sorry" bc according to Ramona Shelburne, anybody could have written that apology and we need to hear Kyrie actually say the words now. :wow:

Other members of the media + Marks, his GM also saying he needs to go to counseling AND meet with Jewish leaders and ONLY after that will they revisit if he will be allowed to rejoin the team.

So my question is what will it take to finally be enough to move on?

The fact that someone needs to put that "ambassador" in his place doesn't change the fact that Kyrie Irving was encouraging discrimination, spreading disinformation, and acting antisemitic. That the Nets and the NBA don't want him to use their platform to do it shouldn't surprise anyone.
True, but he didn’t use their platform, it’s not like he used the official team Twitter or NBA Twitter, granted he has a platform because of the NBA/Team. But I get where folks are coming from and I understand, I just don’t understand where Kyrie came from because I never knew he had a place.
Posted the link with no context and people understandably were confused. People ask for clarification from Kyrie.

Kyrie gives clarification and states he does not believe in the anti-semetic quotes in the book.

Kyrie posts that he meant no harm but did not explicitly state that he is sorry. Not enough. People want proper apology.

Nets and Kyrie donate money to ADL. Not enough bc he still did not say the words sorry or apologize. ADL does not take donation.

Kyrie asked about his non-apologetic apology and gives answer that I have not watched yet. People want a "better" apology.

Gets suspended for not properly apologizing. Kyrie later tweets out apology specifically saying he is sorry. Not enough.

People are now saying he should never play again because his apology "doesn't feel authentic". People now want a "better" apology as well as a press conference of him saying the words "I'm sorry" bc according to Ramona Shelburne, anybody could have written that apology and we need to hear Kyrie actually say the words now. :wow:

Other members of the media + Marks, his GM also saying he needs to go to counseling AND meet with Jewish leaders and ONLY after that will they revisit if he will be allowed to rejoin the team.

Apparently nothing. Because according to them, whatever he does to show remorse for his actions would’ve had to have been done better.

Last edited:

QFT

The people not accepting the apology already had their mind made up. He apologized. Move on. Nothing wrong with being positive and giving people the benefit of the doubt. He'll have a new conspiracy theory to get upset about in a month or two anyway.

Are you referring to a specific country? I’d love to know.

Because I know Spain uses a clock that doesn’t make any god damn sense whatsoever. They’re like two house behind the Sun.

Everyone is always like “OMG!!! Spain eat Dinner so late! They eat at night”. Blame their dumb*** government for having the wrong time zone.

Back
Top Bottom