The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The criticism has gone overboard but it's always like that when people even say anything about jewish people. They will send for you if you say they own a lot of property. The way they move is gangsta. It's like don't even mention us, stay out our business.

But with Kyire he wants to be this martyr so bad. Like he wants get blackballed so he can be remembered as some historical figure that died for whatever cause. Well you step in it this time bruh.

Does anybody know his ceiling?
His size and skill is kind of a new breed tbh

Makes it kind of cloudy to project how he'll impact winning and building around him. But ****, if you scoring like this at 19 you doing something right

He scores in so many different ways, pretty much can score in any way. He can dribble drive, shoot off bounce, post, fade, step back, has some sauce, spin, pretty much can score at all levels except consistently from 3... but he's definitely not a non 3 point shooter... that'll come around too

Man...it's weird....this is the first no-drama summer we've had since the process started. This is the first summer Morey was actually BUILDING a team rather than undoing the mistakes of Brand and Colangelo. This was the first summer that was building around Embiid rather than Simmons...yet...we are at our worst start since 2016 (and that's when we're TRYING to tank).

The coach has absolutely no idea how to run this team. It's so frustrating to watch this team play. Everyone is trying to get their own playing iso ball because that's what Doc designed. He calls it a pecking order. This is the most uninspired basketball I've seen the Sixers play maybe ever...which makes no sense.

Doc has to go...
Well……it’s working in a way lol

His size and skill is kind of a new breed tbh

Makes it kind of cloudy to project how he'll impact winning and building around him. But ****, if you scoring like this at 19 you doing something right

He scores in so many different ways, pretty much can score in any way. He can dribble drive, post, fade, step back, has some sauce, spin, pretty much can score at all levels except consistently from 3... but he's definitely not a non 3 point shooter... that'll come around too

I agree...it's tricky to picture what a winning team should look like around him. Like can you see him being the best player on a championship-level team? Maybe? Or maybe it's more like the CP3/ Blake dynamic? Is that the right formula? Or what about the Chris Webber Kings..although Chris and Vlad were pretty solid playmakers back in the day.

Somebody make it make sense

Snyder gamed the regular season system in two different ways

First defensively with Rudy and then the season of the Bubble, Quinn did a 180 and gamed the system offensively

He squeezed every bit of potential out of both cores (Favors, Rubio etc.) and (Clarkson, Bojan, Conley). It was his system not that Rudy was/is a system

I'm not even criticizing anyone here, Snyder, Rudy, Donovan etc. I continue to say those teams did the best they could and were too flawed to be considered real contenders (also not a shot at the front office because they made some damb good trades). Especially with the competition they were facing

Well……it’s working in a way lol

Looking at it in a vacuum sure. But if you watch the live games...you can see Maxey cost us the Knicks games because all he was told to do was iso ball and heat check. When Embiid Isos, everyone stands still, no off-ball movement whatsoever.

This leads to no easy baskets, we gotta work for every basket we make. It also leads to a lot of bad shots which leads to fast breaks by the opponents and you we are dead last in transition defense. So even though we are somewhat okay at half-court defense, our offense is sinking that rating for us.

I agree...it's tricky to picture what a winning team should look like around him. Like can you see him being the best player on a championship-level team? Maybe? Or maybe it's more like the CP3/ Blake dynamic? Is that the right formula? Or what about the Chris Webber Kings..although Chris and Vlad were pretty solid playmakers back in the day.
Yeah that was the question on him coming in. Think his scoring was always going to translate but the winning aspect was in question

He's scoring a hell of a lot better than I thought though and probably more than most people thought

He can pass. He's unselfish and has good instincts, that could be a difference maker too

I saw Fox saying he wanted that matchup. He was licking his chops. Fox a hard cover for anybody, but Yikes Klay. Monk too. Monk was getting busy.

I still think he’ll get better, at some point.
Once I saw that Monk play where he went right at Klay I accepted that the old defender Klay isnt coming back

Yeah that was the question on him coming in. Think his scoring was always going to translate but the winning aspect was in question

He's scoring a hell of a lot better than I thought though and probably more than most people thought

He can pass. He's unselfish and has good instincts, that could be a difference maker too

And his playmaking can only improve moving forward. Sky's the limit.

Back
Top Bottom