The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I like how Brown told people to go look up Tsai's business interests instead of directly calling them out himself. Probably because he knows what the fallout of that would be

He wants to defend Kyrie, just like he tried to not go all the way breaking with Ye.

But mans ain't willing to lose a dime of his check for either of them. :lol:

Showing the world you can be a contrarian withot self-sabotage.

Last edited:
This is becoming the new Penny step back gif right before our eyes
One more note about Wembanyama: The highlight that is embedded from Monday's game against Bosnia, this outrageously one-footed fading 3-point shot that is a vicious combination of Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Durant.

Well, it's the second time in the past few games Wembanyama has used it, making a similar shot in the French league a week ago. And get ready to see it more because he explained why it exists to L'Equipe, and this sort of answer is one of the reasons he appears to be the total package: "A basketball player is like a chess player, you have to be able to anticipate every move of your opponents and have a response. Adversaries always adapt. I have been working on this move for months. I want to be able to become indefensible."

315663007_6428113230550480_335732243933105435_n.png

“Comes off as” is inherently opinionated. There’s no questioning that.
That's all I'm saying. Glad we agree on that.
It’s up to everyone else to recognize it.
I agree. I do. I'd simply add that that's where it gets tricky. I recognize the truth in needing to be socially sensitive, but not everyone has been given the same information. And people offer the rebuttal 'It's the information age. Everything is available on the internet,' but then we're saying 'Google every phrase before saying it.' That's not actually reasonable.

When it comes to this actual topic, I was taught as a teenager that it's demeaning to 'compliment' a black person the way we're talking about this morning. It was a staff member in a foster home I was in, Bill. Very long story made kind of long: he & I were playing pool, and in another room, Stephen, (another foster kid) was doing a mock interview with some college people. Stephen was in college for business or finance or something, I don't know. I had made the comment to Bill, 'I don't know what he needs to practice for. He sounds proper as hell.' Bill basically asked 'Does that surprise you?' I said 'Yeah! Us foster kids don't talk like that!' He asked 'You think outside these walls, you're both seen as foster kids?' He switched to using Jesse James as an example on me.
'You think he speaks 'proper as hell'?'
'Well yeah.'
'You ever thought about Bill Clinton speaking 'proper as hell'?'
'Not really.'
'Why not?'
'I mean, he's a politician.'
'You have an expectation that white people talk proper, but if a black person does, you mentally applaud them. That's not fair. That's not actually a compliment.'

That hit; hit HARD. I'm still very aware of it. I've taught the same to my son, beginning at around 6. I've taught him a similar concept when it comes to women. I've taught him that 'She really is a good president, for a woman' is not a compliment at all, for the same concept.

'THEN WHY TF ARE YOU IN HERE ASKING QUESTIONS THIS MORNING IF YOU UNDERSTAND IT?'

2 reasons: because not all assumptions are true, and concrete assumptions run rampant. I guarantee someone wants to fix their keyboard to type something along the lines of 'Yeah, you just compared the struggle of black people in this country with women's suffrage. You definitely don't get it. Were women enslaved and killed en masse for centuries?' Even though, no, I didn't compare the 2 experiences, but rather the concept of a demeaning, backhanded 'compliment' to 2 different demographics, people run with assumptions like that and stick to them.

Second reason: I absolutely love fair and civil disagreement & discussion. That's actually why I'm hardly ever in the thread, though.

-foe

Jaylen Brown be on alot of that “free thinking”, smartest in the room bs too but yo just understands time n place and optics unlike the Kyrie types that are quick to jump out the window and wanna be the loudest :lol: :smh:

JB savvy enough to know bout the lil things that make a difference such as nuance, situations etc.

If you think that trying not to offend Black folks in this context is “robotic compliance”
I don't. So now what? I think something very different than what your leading question presumes I think. So now what?

-foe

It is truly a skill that you can type out so many words but say absolutely nothing at the same damn time
Those that want to see nothing will always find it.

*cue someone predictably quoting this with some clever quip* 'What? 😂🤦‍♂️ Did that make sense in your mind?', which would essentially prove the point.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom