The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

MVP and number list debates in sports (perhaps in general) are so silly. It’s basically “You arewrong! My arbitrary, subjective opinion is better than yours!!” There really isn’t any crystal clear cut criteria and we all have our personal biases that affect our pick/lists, voters for these awards included.

Also the Nuggets championship conversation is acting like great players/MVPs not winning a championship is some novel concept. Guys like Jokic, Chris Paul, Harden, Embiid, etc aren’t winning because they are getting packed up by Top 15 of all-time players like Bron, Steph, KD, Giannis. That’s not so much an indictment on them as it is just the fact they are going up against some of the best players to ever pick up a basketball and they are just not that which is okay. Everyone can’t historically be him.

Guys like Jokic, Chris Paul, Harden, Embiid, etc aren’t winning because they are getting packed up by Top 15 of all-time players like Bron, Steph, KD, Giannis. That’s not so much an indictment on them as it is just the fact they are going up against some of the best players to ever pick up a basketball and they are just not that which is okay. Everyone can’t historically be him.
A 3x MVP aint him? Quite a take

Shaq has 3 different products in Office Depot. 3 different lifesized cardboard cutouts of Shaq in the store. Epson printers, his own line of office chairs, and i forget the 3rd but I believe he has so many endorsements he doesnt even keep track of them anymore. Mans will put his name on anything for the check

A 3x MVP aint him? Quite a take

You clearly ignited this disingenuous Jokic conversation today because you are rooting for him to win MVP and not make it to or win the Finals so you can mock everyone who has praised him in here. You don’t believe Jokic is him so why even pose that question?

Even “him” is a subjective term so what are we really doing here

Shaq has 3 different products in Office Depot. 3 different lifesized cardboard cutouts of Shaq in the store. Epson printers, his own line of office chairs, and i forget the 3rd but I believe he has so many endorsements he doesnt even keep track of them anymore. Mans will put his name on anything for the check
Posted in the Popeyes thread but one of his chicken spots landed in my area a few months ago. Didn't even know it was his franchise

o.jpg

I remember when putting up big numbers in the regular season & winning under 50 games, while getting packed up in the second round was a laughable offense.... Now you the best player in the league when you do it

giphy.gif

Any reason you use the Russ gif? Cuz he damn sure ain’t even do that.

Can someone explain what the expectations are for Embiid? :nerd:

This is coming from someone who likes the Sixers but with Doc and Officer Jim I realistically see their ceiling as the ECF. Can’t really expect a team to get further than that if one of your Top 3 players (Harden) and coach are routinely postseason choke artists.

You clearly ignited this disingenuous Jokic conversation today because you are rooting for him to win MVP and not make it to or win the Finals so you can mock everyone who has praised him in here. You don’t believe Jokic is him so why even pose that question?

Even “him” is a subjective term so what are we really doing here
I believe he's as good as everyone says he is. Which is what makes it hard to understand why nobody expects anything from him. The more accolades he receives the lower the bar drops. It's strange

Back
Top Bottom