The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

They’re a playoff team, missing KAT for a majority of the season.

Walker Kessler is going to be good. We don’t know how good. But he’ll be good. Vanderbilt is a rotational guy, that’s valuable. You can get him wherever. Same with Malik Beasley, who’s been flipped a couple times and a nut case (until he lands in the right spot). And :lol: at 35 year old Pat Bev included. They should’ve kept him for his toughness and leadership (it matters). But including him, in the “worst trade ever” talks is just dumb.

Agreed. They’d be worse this year if they ran it back.

Would be diminishing returns from Pat Bev and Beasley. And they had to get out of Vando because of how bad he’s offensively. Love Vando, but he’s not doing much offensively, and was a huge reason the Grizzles beat the Wolves last year. They let KAT get what he wanted. And played to keep DLo from getting going. With Ant being young and Pat Bev and Vando being non threats on offense, they couldn’t score when the game slowed down.

Kessler has been great. An absolute steal at the pick he was taken. But the likelihood a 20-30 pick becomes more than a good bench player is slim. Ironically Gobert being the 27th pick is fun :lol:

Could they have instead looked to trade for an All-Star PF, sure. But not sure who they would have gotten there.

The reason 2029 draft pick was included according to all the Wolves beat writers is because they refused to trade Jaden McDaniels and instead gave Vanderbilt.

Last edited:

For those out the loop like me...

"Vandersloot, a six-time WNBA assists leader, is coming off a season in which she averaged 11.8 points and 6.5 assists per game. She was previously reported to be considering her hometown Seattle Storm, but the Liberty presented a chance to dish passes to a loaded roster in a marquee city.

Normally, that would be enough to push the Liberty into easy favorite status, but the defending champion Las Vegas Aces added their own former Sky star in two-time champion Candace Parker, creating their own big 3 of Parker, A'Ja Wilson and Kelsey Plum.

Basically, six of the 10 members of the two 2022 All-WNBA teams are now on two teams, and one of those teams just added one of the best passers in WNBA history."

So the WNBA has 2 Super Teams?

:nthat:

14221138-GDw-ADrtj.gif

Ja, SGA, Dame, Fox, Booker, Ant- 2 of them not making allstar
Ja is a lock.

Dame and SGA are both averaging over 30 so I think they get in.

Booker has only played 29 games and he's missed 24 so he's out.

Ant vs. Fox....I'd lean Fox because he (along with Sabonis) is unexpectedly leading the Kings to the 3-spot.

Sorry Ant Man.

For those out the loop like me...

"Vandersloot, a six-time WNBA assists leader, is coming off a season in which she averaged 11.8 points and 6.5 assists per game. She was previously reported to be considering her hometown Seattle Storm, but the Liberty presented a chance to dish passes to a loaded roster in a marquee city.

Normally, that would be enough to push the Liberty into easy favorite status, but the defending champion Las Vegas Aces added their own former Sky star in two-time champion Candace Parker, creating their own big 3 of Parker, A'Ja Wilson and Kelsey Plum.

Basically, six of the 10 members of the two 2022 All-WNBA teams are now on two teams, and one of those teams just added one of the best passers in WNBA history."

So the WNBA has 2 Super Teams?
Yup and I am so here for it. It will be a good thing for the league.

Ja is a lock.

Dame and SGA are both averaging over 30 so I think they get in.

Booker has only played 29 games and he's missed 24 so he's out.

Ant vs. Fox....I'd lean Fox because he (along with Sabonis) is unexpectedly leading the Kings to the 3-spot.

Sorry Ant Man.
I agree I think it's between those two Fox and Ant

Heck of an offszn for both teams. I am glad to see a team going all in to compete with the aces

Back
Top Bottom