The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

332685821_1129619284374508_6532412734657322640_n.jpg

ASG couldnt do better than the Pro Bowl? Thats crazy to me.

I have hardcore football fans in my friend group and no one ever watched the Pro Bowl.

ASG couldnt do better than the Pro Bowl? Thats crazy to me.

I have hardcore football fans in my friend group and no one ever watched the Pro Bowl.
Casual fans drive those numbers. Hardcore fans not watching makes complete sense

All these dudes in the league under 25 getting outplayed by a fat white boy from Europe and he don't even have a celebration dance when he makes regular season 3's smh.

i hear you on this and i'm rootin for Zion.. at the same time, Bron truly is 1-of-1. to maintain his style of play for as long as he has while avoiding major injury is on some cal ripken, iron man steez
He did have a major injury.

No games going on so I'll just throw a hot take out there:

think there's a big gap between the way Kevin Durant is discussed and his actual accomplishments. When people talk about KD they say he's completely unguardable, the perfect offensive player, no one can match up with him, etc. If he's so great how come he's never won anything without Steph Curry? It's not for lack of great teammates.

Curry was able to win championships with Harrison Barnes and Andrew Wiggins in Durant's spot. I'm not saying Durant is a bum, he's clearly one of the 25 best players ever, but I think he's a tad overrated

No games going on so I'll just throw a hot take out there:

think there's a big gap between the way Kevin Durant is discussed and his actual accomplishments. When people talk about KD they say he's completely unguardable, the perfect offensive player, no one can match up with him, etc. If he's so great how come he's never won anything without Steph Curry? It's not for lack of great teammates.

Curry was able to win championships with Harrison Barnes and Andrew Wiggins in Durant's spot. I'm not saying Durant is a bum, he's clearly one of the 25 best players ever, but I think he's a tad overrated

Overrated is a strong word but I was recently thinking about something similar to what you said. KD has played with all-time prime talent for like 13 seasons straight (Rust/Harden > Klay/KD/Dray > Kyrie/Harden and now Book) and he doesn’t nearly get criticized the way Lebby does even though he has lowkey moved in a similar, if not even more blatant. He’s played with more talent than Lebby had since Lebby joined the Heatles tbh.

Overrated is a strong word but I was recently thinking about something similar to what you said. KD has played with all-time prime talent for like 13 seasons straight (Rust/Harden > Klay/KD/Dray > Kyrie/Harden and now Book) and he doesn’t nearly get criticized the way Lebby does even though he has lowkey moved in a similar, if not even more blatant. He’s played with more talent than Lebby had since Lebby joined the Heatles tbh.

Durant doesn't get criticized because

1. LeBron positions himself as the face of the league so he's going to get criticized. Durant explicitly frames things around not being a leader. This is why KD constantly says things like "I'm just here to play basketball"

This also applies to off the court stuff.

Think about all of the little things LeBron gets nitpicked for doing yet Durant was able to go on a homophobic rant and everyone collectively shrug their shoulders. If LeBron did the same thing, he would have to retire.

2. Consciously or subconsciously, everyone knows that he is not on LeBron's level so he's not held to the same standard.

3. LeBron is the one who ushered in the player movement era so he's going to get backlash. Durant isn't getting backlash because he's just doing what other players of the era are doing.

Back
Top Bottom