The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

When is Jokic going to be subbed out for defensive possessions in close games? I think @osh kosh bosh pointed out already, but for all this focus on Jokic’s defense as of late to try and cherry pick his performance game by game — the Sixers are only .5 points better than the Nuggets in defensive rating.

Embiid is definitely a better rim protector. They’re also going to pull him out on the perimeter and make him switch on PnRs and he’s going to struggle there as well.

For all the talk of Jokic's offensive genius, the Nuggets are only 0.6 points better than the 76ers in offensive rating. :emoji_eyes:

For all the talk of Jokic's offensive genius, the Nuggets are only 0.6 points better than the 76ers in offensive rating. :emoji_eyes:
I think that’s a fair point and there are other metrics we can point to that show that Jokic is having a historic offensive season. But these little spliced up clips on Jokic playing defense just add nothing to this conversation, IMO.

Regardless of him being at the backend of his career, do the Nuggets have one of the top offensive guards on their roster ever?

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
Are you saying Harden is the MVP?

Of that team? Nah.

Someone just posted that ever since Harden came back theyve been the #1 team in the league. So yea if Jokic and Harden were on the same team that team offensive rating would be way higher too.

396C6736-529A-4A57-B32E-A975A5E265DD.jpeg

.003 percentage points behind Bk. Race is too tight for comfort. First round could be Cle or anyone of the top 3 teams if they stay in 6th.
Them 3 gonna be in for a photo finish too.

Don’t think many teams in the East want to see a healthy Knicks team in the first round.

I know Boston don’t want that smoke. Philly don’t like the physicality.
Cannot lose to the free falling Blazers tomorrow.

I think that’s a fair point and there are other metrics we can point to that show that Jokic is having a historic offensive season. But these little spliced up clips on Jokic playing defense just add nothing to this conversation, IMO.
It’s so dumb that I have changed my position from being happy if any of Joker, Gianny or Joel wins MVP to strongly pulling for a Nikola 3-peat.

Every big in the league getting hunted minus like bam. All of them. Brook is probably the DPOY of the year and Steph went at him down the stretch. Y’all saw what Steph was doing to the top defense in the league last year in the finals. It’s the nature of todays game.

Why you think that?

That figure includes total team performance that includes minutes where the guy we’re looking at is not in the game.

Looking at Jokic lineups only
ORTG: 126
DRTG: 113

Net: +13

Embiid lineups:
ORTG: 120
DRTG: 112

Net: +8

So yes, Jokic’s offense is as great as everyone says it is. And in a regular season environment, the defensive concerns are (significantly :lol: ) overblown and shouldn’t be a topic of discussion.

Those Twitter clips are definitely relevant in a playoff environment which is part of the reason why I don’t expect that 113 D rating to hold up.

On top of that the Nuggets are terrible when Jokic sits. ORTG craters to 106 :rofl: DRTG is a bit worse at 117.

So basically, the Jokic lineups won’t come anywhere near +13 net in the playoffs & lineups with his backup in there are gonna continue to get killed.

Thats why I don’t think much of the Nuggets come playoff time & think they’ll be fighting for their lives early on.

But all of that has nothing to do with MVP of the regular season :lol: He’s deserving, every bit deserving as any other candidate

Back
Top Bottom