The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

here's 90 seconds of plays just against Boston

Extended minutes in the playoffs. Between direct pick and rolls and pindowns/curls/flares for your shooters you can get him guarding 30 feet out on every single possession. Exhausting him by the fourth quarter

Dubious Handle to Portland for Grant straight up S&T -> ECF or bust
Actually think that’ll put them in real contention. A much better teammate and fit than Randle could ever hope to be.

Everyone of these Babybockers plays better with more ball movement. RJ especially seems to thrive off it.

And finally that’ll allow Obi to take his rightful place in the starting lineup. Brooklyn’s finest son lights up MSG in yet another fashion that Dubious could never dream of replicating.
Additionally, feels like IQ is playing himself into a nice payday. If he’s comfy in his role off the bench then he’s not going anywhere ofc.
Let one of these pg starved teams reach out him/his camp & say they wanna give him the ball just the same way Brunson has it all to himself now.

At that point, he has to do right for the fam and take his talents elsewhere. Off top; wMiami, Minny, Bk, Clipset, Htine & DC (homecoming for him) could insert him right now for an upgrade.

Of all the youts, he’s the one I’m most comfy losing. Certainly not comfy if it’s for nothing tho like aforementioned Jalen Brunson.

Deuce will finally be able to get loose with no IQ around, hallelujah!

🤲🙏🏾📿🛐🧎🛐📿🙏🏾🤲 to the basketball gods to answer my calls

1680621058987.gif

A guy post-peak production who has explicitly stated how hard it is for him to get up for random games with no stakes? Sounds like the perfect guy to bring in during a rebuild

It depends on the cost to bring him and the expectations. Sure he stated with with GSW in the past, but coming to a rebuilding team looking to make a leap, that's a different goal.

But maybe you're right, maybe it's not in him to be that guy for a developing team.

Anybody giving Kyrie that much money is dumb.
FWIW here - listening to Stein and Chris Haynes pod this morning, Stein doesn't see a world where the Mavs offer the full 5.

Thinks it'll be a multi-year offer for sure, but not the full five. His best guess was 3+1 but also said he's poked around and there doesn't appear to currently be a market elsewhere.

My biggest problem with load management currently is that, IMO, it does not seem to actually work. Guys either get hurt or they don't.

I guess you could call 2019 the exception, but a big part of the Raptors winning it all was that the Warriors had two stars that were unavailable in the Finals due to injury.

Last edited:
FWIW here - listening to Stein and Chris Haynes pod this morning, Stein doesn't see a world where the Mavs offer the full 5.

Thinks it'll be a multi-year offer for sure, but not the full five. His best guess was 3+1 but also said he's poked around and there doesn't appear to currently be a market elsewhere.
They’d be idiots to offer the full 5 tbh. They might not even have to offer the full max.

Back
Top Bottom