The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Who would they even trade for him?
He’s gotta have more value than 10 and filler, right?

Would think even 10+the 27 first isn’t enough - and I don’t think that’s the kinda deal the Mavs should be seeking out anyways.

Ayton and Collins aren't necessary for Dallas. Rather have them try to get a defensive big man and fill out the roster with capable, competent talent

But I've already accepted that they're going to just put bandaids and patchwork this thing. aka swing for more "names"

Turner is definitely more palatable but their fascination with trying to get millions of centers and none who can actually play in the Playoffs is exhausting. So a little traumatized with any big men rumors at this point

How many assists are they supposed to be generating with two guys cannibalizing 99% of the possessions?
Not about the assists to me but hunter never passes/can’t pass. Jalen Johnson does and can and I always feel comfortable that when the ball get to him he can make things happen whether that be a shot a drive or a pass there’s more there. Ball get to hunter it’s gonna be a mid range jumper damn near everytime

Just found the Denver/Utah game. Utah are obviously eliminated - so are Utah just trying to avoid LAL in the first round or something?

Not about the assists to me but hunter never passes/can’t pass. Jalen Johnson does and can and I always feel comfortable that when the ball get to him he can make things happen whether that be a shot a drive or a pass there’s more there. Ball get to hunter it’s gonna be a mid range jumper damn near everytime
Also Bey, right

Bey got the brightest green light

Yea but at least Beys shots once he gets the ball it’s a pull up 3 which he hitting at a good clip so I’ll take it. Hunter will dribble dribble dribble stop pull up jumper.
Hunter is also hitting midrange at a nice clip

52% from 10-16 ft
49% from 16 ft-3pt

Mavs need a rim protector like Myles Turner with how small and weak defensively they are.

I don't think salary filler and #10 gets it done though. He's on a really good contract.

Just found the Denver/Utah game. Utah are obviously eliminated - so are Utah just trying to avoid LAL in the first round or something?

Denver is locked into the 1 seed and Utah is out. It's a meaningless game for both teams.

Hunter is also hitting midrange at a nice clip

52% from 10-16 ft
49% from 16 ft-3pt

Don’t get me wrong he hit his midrangers it’s just all he can do. He’s never really taken that jump they hoped he would to look like a legit second option. He’s a decent player to have on the team but if he could he flipped for Bridges somehow some way and some picks I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Denver is locked into the 1 seed and Utah is out. It's a meaningless game for both teams.

Yeah, Denver own the tie break so even if they lose this game and their final one Memphis can only tie with a win. Odd.

They have benched the starters now at least but they seemed to play most of the game - I only joined in the third quarter and saw Jokic playing.

He’s gotta have more value than 10 and filler, right?

Would think even 10+the 27 first isn’t enough - and I don’t think that’s the kinda deal the Mavs should be seeking out anyways.
Any combination of those two picks plus two players isn't worth it for Ayton imo.

Also looking further at the Mavs roster, they're a bit older than I expected. It'll take a lot to retool this team. Don't think they should use assets on Ayton.

Back
Top Bottom