The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

So fellas…

I’m intrigued to know who you guys have winning the Knicks vs Cavs series? And in how many games?

What are your thoughts on this particular series & matchups?

Don’t worry I’m not going to be upset if you guys say the Cavs :lol: - Just be honest and objective.
Cavs in 6 if no randle
Cavs in 7 with Randle

We young but Spida is best player on the floor and will be the difference

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f66355a31715871544e416d6d35513d3d2d3431333733383331332e313462666338336633306361363764313433323235373333373738302e676966

They got 2 curry's. Poole a mini flame thrower
teams would rather have other guys do the offense than Curry. I don't believe the Warriors would have been that dominant in the playoffs without Curry. of course, we would give credit to the role players, but that's exactly what they are....role players.

Chill bro. Let them tell it I'm just hating and need help.
You don’t “need help” for saying lakers aren’t that great. They are 7th seed, 1-2 games outside of play in. They aren’t some juggernaut.

You “need help” bc it’s probably like 1am where you’re at and you’re on a forum obsessed and rage posting about a 7th seed team.

Brogdon and Quickley basically have the same counting stats except Brogdon is more efficient and plays for the team with the 2nd best record in the league.

Not sure how Quickley wins that one. He’s been very good though.
You're not sure how Quickley wins? He's been the favorite to win 6MOY for the past 20 games or so lol. It'll be close though I'm sure, and you can't go wrong with either. Brogdon more efficient, but IQ more impactful to his team than MB (which isn't a knock on MB, just moreso the Celtics are so much better) + more games played + memorable games, (albeit they pretty much came when he started(. One knock I think voters may hold against IQ is that he started too many games. If the award was just for how they performed based only on their bench stats, then MB runs away with it in a landslide
Triple J played 15 less games than Lopez. If he was closer to 75 games then I would've given him the nod.

I think Brogdon was more consistent dating to the start of the season. And a lot of Quickley's big games were more when he started, which boosted his overall averages.
Yeah, I can definitely see the games played/minutes angle for Brooks, who's been incredible. But I think JJJ is winning. Anchor of a better defensive team, stepped up huge when Adams went out, better defensive stats, doesn't have Giannis/Jrue, etc..

Lot of these awards are recency bias. MB slowing down + IQ's surge the past 20-30 games will hold ton of weight. Can't really knock a 6th man for having big games when he starts though IMO lol, that's what they should do

Last edited:
I actually think Harden has been a success. He faced some incredibly tough teams. I can say this despite thinking his Rockets style of play is horrendous.

I feel the same way about Luka. Unbelievably good.

What I have issue with is that for some reason Luka isn’t held to the same standard Harden was. Luka plays no defense, whines constantly, plays zero off ball offense etc. He has clear flaws. When he’s at this best he showed what he could do - get his team to a WCF. In the NBa the true greats though are able to still have a “good” season even when everything isn’t perfect. Too much discourse on how bad his team in and not enough on him individually.

I agree. His lack of defense and constant whining is contagious.

He needs to do a better job leading his team. Whoever is the next coach also needs to do a better job keeping him accountable.

One knock I think voters may hold against IQ is that he started too many games. If the award was just for how they performed based only on their bench stats, then MB runs away with it in a landslide

I heard the bolded part earlier and I don’t think it is totally fair based on precedent.

But you are right; one of the few awards that is a toss up where both are equally deserving and there should be no qualms either way.

You're not sure how Quickley wins? He's been the favorite to win 6MOY for the past 20 games or so lol. It'll be close though I'm sure, and you can't go wrong with either. Brogdon more efficient, but IQ more impactful to his team than MB (which isn't a knock on MB, just moreso the Celtics are so much better) + more games played + memorable games, (albeit they pretty much came when he started(. One knock I think voters may hold against IQ is that he started too many games. If the award was just for how they performed based only on their bench stats, then MB runs away with it in a landslide

Yeah, I can definitely see the games played/minutes angle for Brooks, who's been incredible. But I think JJJ is winning. Anchor of a better defensive team, stepped up huge when Adams went out, better defensive stats, doesn't have Giannis/Jrue, etc..

Lot of these awards are recency bias. MB slowing down + IQ's surge the past 20-30 games will hold ton of weight. Can't really knock a 6th man for having big games when he starts though IMO lol, that's what they should do
So the case for Quickley winning 6MOY, since his numbers are worse, is that he starts more games? :lol:

The swift turn on Luka has gone too far right :lol: He has issues with complaining after every play, seemingly coming into camp out of shape, leadership and effort on the defensive end but those are fixable IMO.

For all his shortcomings he’s still a 32/9/8 guy shooting 50% from the field and 34% from 3. Only 74% from the line but he gets to the line 10-11 times per game :sick: Just needs the right coach and veteran(s) on the team

Back
Top Bottom