The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Series only 1-2. Clips far from done. They played the suns well aside for a couple quarters this whole series. I find it to be very competitive. Surprisingly, Suns getting enough from their role players like craig and lee last night.

Clips role players got in a rhythm and that can carryover, especially, at home. If kawhi is back, they got a good shot at tying it up. Suns have to deal with the scheduling as well.

Clips shot well last night. Have to limit the fouls and not let book get to the rim. Live with the suns taking mid range.

They wouldn't do it, but the Grizzlies with either Kawhi or PG. :nerd:

Probably PG before Kawhi, but Ja/Bane/Jaren are not moving.

Whoever the Grizz acquire will be attached to those 3 guys. Siakam may be ideal or acquiring OG + re-signing Dillon.

Who's highlighting these packages?

Cleveland - ???? who's going out that's not leaving a gigantic hole even w/ PG or Kawhi coming in?
Knicks - RJ? yeah I'd rather ride out Kawhi/PG for the last year of their deal
Denver - MPJ????
Yea, was definitely thinking RJ and MPJ for Knicks and Denver. Cleveland, doubt they’d even consider giving up Garland but I’m not sure it would be absurd because it’s unlikely you’ll win a title with that small backcourt. Maybe seeing how some of these big trades have turned out dissuade them from doing so, but blowing it up will definitely be on the table.

Wonder if Luka would force the Mavs’ hand sometime this summer or next season

PG
Norm
Mann

Luka

Yea, was definitely thinking RJ and MPJ for Knicks and Denver. Cleveland, doubt they’d even consider giving up Garland but I’m not sure it would be absurd because it’s unlikely you’ll win a title with that small backcourt. Maybe seeing how some of these big trades have turned out dissuade them from doing so, but blowing it up will definitely be on the table.

MPJ might not make it 10 years in the NBA. RJ is RJ.

Kawhi/PG have player options after next year.

Assuming they opt-in...I just don't see any incentive to blow up 24 more months of that project for anything that's currently out there. I could see this argument if they both had 4 years left on their deal.

MPJ might not make it 10 years in the NBA. RJ is RJ.

Kawhi/PG have player options after next year.

Assuming they opt-in...I just don't see any incentive to blow up 24 more months of that project for anything that's currently out there. I could see this argument if they both had 4 years left on their deal.
I think the issue head is that they’re not just going to keep the project going as is. They’re going to double down and try to make a move which is going to require more assets being given up

Looking at that Harden play more. That's crazy the ref ejected him for that. :lol:

He must've said something to that ref earlier. Dude wanted a reason.
That was at most a flagrant 1. Dude that was guarding harden def flopped, every guard uses their off hands in the league :smh:

Who's highlighting these packages?

Cleveland - ???? who's going out that's not leaving a gigantic hole even w/ PG or Kawhi coming in?
Knicks - RJ? yeah I'd rather ride out Kawhi/PG for the last year of their deal
Denver - MPJ????
Trading a player because you think he is too injury prone and asking for MPJ would be hysterical.

But to your larger point. I was too harsh on the fromt office/cap experts. Now I see their value. People just yell trade for the sake of it.

What can some combo of Eric Gordon, Marcus Morris, Nic Batum, Norm Powell, Robert Covington, Terance Mann, #30 pick this year, 2027-2030 picks get the Clippers?

I think the issue head is that they’re not just going to keep the project going as is. They’re going to double down and try to make a move which is going to require more assets being given up

What assets? I think they don't own a pick until 2028 or some ****. If a 2028 pick is going to bring them something they think is going to help then win...by all means go ahead :lol: Kawhi/PG are done in 25 (at the latest) and the bottom out is already coming either way.

I thought it was a wrap for the clappers like 2 years ago and they somehow managed to add Powell Batum Roco and Russ who've more or less carried them when their big 2 was out. They'll figure it out

Charles Lee - Bucks assistant coach
Jarron Collins - Pelicans assistant coach
Kevin Ollie - Overtime Elite head coach

Ok Embiids big *** shoulda been ejected for that one. Harden? Hell no
I mean...idk. you hit a dude in the d...****...you gotta go bro. Even if you didn't mean too. He did mean to hit him, in the thigh or pelvis. He just happened to catch his shaft n balls.

I always thought a strike to the genitals were an automatic ejection and if intentional, suspension.
It is like flagrant foul to the head. Even if you didn't mean to hit the guy in the head, but you did

:emoji_fish: :emoji_thinking:

I always thought a strike to the genitals were an automatic ejection and if intentional, suspension.
It is like flagrant foul to the head. Even if you didn't mean to hit the guy in the head, but you did

:emoji_fish: :emoji_thinking:
The NBA is corrupt and always has and will be. What is or isn’t a fouls depends on who does it, the team they play for and the importance of the game.

I like Kawhi but he is Mr. Glass and so is PG13. Raptors really lucked out that year because Kawhi ain’t healthy.

Back
Top Bottom