The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Silver really laying the groundwork for when this Ja suspension comes out, which is starting to look a lot less like some big time punishment and more like finding a path for Ja to better himself.

Part of this is from his comments on the Dan Patrick Show + yesterday and these comments coming after the media thrashing the last two weeks when Silver made his opening statement about the issue before the Finals. Part of it is some intel I received as well :nerd:

I can't say if the suspension is 10 games, 20 games or 30 games, but I do think there will be a level of mentorship, counseling and charity involvement for Ja. Silver keeps mentioning Ja being suspended right now from team activity and most likely will use this summer / probably beginning of the season to do all these things. I will go out on a limb and say Ja will be back before Christmas Day games (less than 30 games). May push it further and say he's back by Thanksgiving (15-18 game range)

My commissioner :pimp:

My biggest fear in all of this is whether Ja will get in trouble again....that could of course blow up any plans, but I'm hoping this is the last time.
He hasnt actually gotten in trouble tho. 10 games is more than enough anything over that is excessive. Also i see no reason why Silver felt the need to discuss it publicly before finals started

y76p6n9vyp4b1.jpg

Silver really laying the groundwork for when this Ja suspension comes out, which is starting to look a lot less like some big time punishment and more like finding a path for Ja to better himself.

Part of this is from his comments on the Dan Patrick Show + yesterday and these comments coming after the media thrashing the last two weeks when Silver made his opening statement about the issue before the Finals. Part of it is some intel I received as well :nerd:

I can't say if the suspension is 10 games, 20 games or 30 games, but I do think there will be a level of mentorship, counseling and charity involvement for Ja. Silver keeps mentioning Ja being suspended right now from team activity and most likely will use this summer / probably beginning of the season to do all these things. I will go out on a limb and say Ja will be back before Christmas Day games (less than 30 games). May push it further and say he's back by Thanksgiving (15-18 game range)

My commissioner :pimp:

My biggest fear in all of this is whether Ja will get in trouble again....that could of course blow up any plans, but I'm hoping this is the last time.
He hasnt actually gotten in trouble tho. 10 games is more than enough anything over that is excessive. Also i see no reason why Silver felt the need to discuss it publicly before finals started

As multiple people in here have stated, I think 17-18 games to ensure he is ineligible for any postseason accolades seems like the minimum and also the right amount. That is a true "punishment". He still may play less than 65 games even if they give him 10 but from the perspective of Adam Silver, making an All-NBA talent ineligible for any awards shows that league and governors are serious about non-legal off the court matters while not going over the top. That should scare some players straight because we know how much money a lot of these guys have riding on those All-NBA selections.

For reference - 17-18 games should put him out until right before Thanksgiving and 30 is right before Christmas.

Doesn’t make any sense to hire a defensive coach and target offensive talent when you already have KD & Booker. The Suns need to worry about shoring up their defense and signing a table-setting PG

Back
Top Bottom